1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

debt ceiling tea party and obama re-election

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hammer head, Jul 27, 2011.

1. old goat

old goat CH Dog

ok who read roman's 13 ? they been doing this a very long time . i looked in my grandma's bible and she had all of roman's folded over like she never wanted to read it .

2. old goat

old goat CH Dog

3. david63

david63 CH Dog

Dunlap1 You're probably right about people not waking up, but I'm not the norm. I go against the grain. I have taught the idea of the importance of independent thinking to my children. It's not always easy to go against the grain, but the "grain" is often not correct. You have to do what's right for you regardless of popular opinion.

4. bootsbjj

bootsbjj Banned

OG, I read Romans XIII, but I'm not sure where you're coming from. Are you anti-bible, and saying that the put that in there to make people cow to the government?

5. old goat

old goat CH Dog

no but i do think Jesus was the truth teller and that's why the murdered him . King james added what he wanted and said he's god until god comes back . we all need to pay attention to what Jesus was telling us . you think they were thinking about government before King james alittle but not much ? listening to your government well i don't think Jesus would have told the people to do that he hated them .

6. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

About Romans 13:
    Was the American Revolution a violation of Romans 13:1-7?

Also, King James did not rewrite the Bible. Quite the contrary. He wanted to rid it of the present day biases, back to the original. I'm not a KJV "only" guy. I use the NASB, but really dislike claims like this with no merit other than someone jumping to conclusions on falsehoods.

7. old goat

old goat CH Dog

well you just read it and then you try to say oh they mean something else . King james and the new testament he did'nt have anything to do with that ? why is what your showing me tells us we should pay our taxes . so governments are god's servant ? i don't think Jesus even thought like this never . and Jesus did'nt like temples because they let in the bank and got a cut of the money . first banks in temples he went in and beat them with whip . then they murdered him . he told the truth and anyone that told the truth they killed .

8. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

I didn't say anything like that. I was hoping that the link would answer your question, but you have to ignore the American Revolution part specifically because I couldn't find an answer for a generic "What does Roman 13 mean?". I use GotQuestions quite a bit to help me understand certain aspects. Anyway, we are to follow the law UNLESS the man made law would make us disobey God's law.
    Romans 13: 1-7 | Covering and Authority

As for King James, he did not change the Bible. The Bibles we have now are NOT re-translations of the KJV. The ''changes'' to the KJV were made to correct typographical errors, add notes, and omit the Apocrypha between testaments. The Apocrypha was/is not scripture.

I'm also not sure what the link is between Romans 13 and King James????

9. old goat

old goat CH Dog

they said the american revolution was against romans 13 but good things came from it . did i miss something because i could have ? and to disobey God's law and man made law is hard to understand sometimes . there's 1 thing we will never know for sure is if KJ changed the bible you and i and everyone else wasn't there . the link between romans and KJ i would think when he may have changed some things in it . i just read and try to not let someone tell me what i just read . because then your changing the words to the way you want .

10. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

OG I don't think it's bad to change the bible to better understand it. I don't think you should change the bible to make it better for you.
    You should follow the laws of the land so you do not end up in jail or worse.

11. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

What I'm saying is King James did not change the Bible.

12. old goat

old goat CH Dog

we should change the damn laws and start paying attention to them before they vote to pass them. it's all our fault for just being happy with what we have and not wanting more . Obamacare is law are you going to give them you sexal history ??? it's in the law . now they can come to your house to inspect it if your childs not doing good in school it's the law now or your under 21 . or pretty much any reason they want . when you go to hospital now they ask you to put your hand over a scanner or putting chips in beast implants . i thought they were crazy when they ask me to do it . i don't think any of this is GOD"S LAW if it is show me please . Jesus did'nt believe this they murdered him after he went to the temple where they were collecting TAXES and was'nt to happy with them .

The passage starts with a clear-cut command to submit to “the governing authorities” (v1a). Immediately following the command is the reason for it: namely, authorities are God-ordained (v1b). Therefore, resisting earthly authority is the same as resisting God (v2). Rulers are a deterrent to evil in society (v3); in fact, a ruler is “God’s servant,” bringing retribution to the wrongdoer (v4). Christians should submit to human authority not only to avoid punishment but also to maintain a clear conscience before God (v5). Specifically, Christians should pay their taxes (v6) and pay the proper respect and honor to “God’s servants” (v7).

Read more: Was the American Revolution a violation of Romans 13:1-7?

13. david63

david63 CH Dog

LOOK! Obama care will be fully implemented in 2016 and the people who don't have insurance will pay a fine.Between now and then there's going to be all kinds of changes made to this insurance plan.

14. keystone

keystone CH Dog

yes lol abama care wants al the kids are brushing their teeth evry day ..twice....
    no matter if you rich or poor ...teeth have to look good/healty ........
    control twice a year cost each time 20 $..this sence 5 years ....grow up with it gratis lol
    but if you take a little side insurrence ....(that contains more then teeth only )you pay only 5$
    in this controle dentist can tel ..you have to go to theet(making mouth healthy) cleaner 100$...
    (little exstra insurrence ) 25$

15. old goat

old goat CH Dog

key how many times is that little extra insurance going to go up and with big bad Obamacare it should pay for it lol . key your blind to what's going on . you will be paying the nice deductible and you will never get ahead . insurance works after the deductible is payed lol .

16. keystone

keystone CH Dog

made mistake ..
    in that monthly i said here before .. (200$ a month ..every exstra is in it .
    right thats the way it works here ....you take the care ....then you(or de doktors) make declaration .
    and you get your money simple .send on your(or the doktors ) account .....

you only get ahead ..when you sick from young age ..
    but is what nobody wants ....

17. keystone

keystone CH Dog

this morning news about our monthly money .....they doing wel ..
    so month money wil be next year (120 $ les )on year base .......(10 $ a month)..

18. old goat

old goat CH Dog

your dreaming again key the are telling you propaganda . people over 50 are screwed. their payments are going up . your will pay the deductable before you start getting any thing covered . not to many people will use that much money so your goiung to pay lol .

Obamacare Is a Hackers Wet Dream, John McAfee Says [Video]
    John McAfee and Alex Jones live 10-21-13 - YouTube
    Person faints during Obamas speech in New Hampshire - YouTube
    Woman Faints During Michelle Obama Speech: - YouTube
    13 people faint at Obama speeches -- Baldy and The Blonde -- FUNNY! - YouTube

people always fainting sure seems funny that's he has the water for them .

19. keystone

keystone CH Dog

right ......when you own money it cost more ....

20. keystone

keystone CH Dog

i know somebody = 85 nevr had insurence ..nevr was sick til now .
    sometimes payed little for medicins or dok visit ...