1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dead Game "Irish Strong Dogs of Old"

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by Blackpoison, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

2. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

Re: Dead Game "Irish Strong Dogs of Old"

Dead Game "Irish Strong Dogs of Old"

[​IMG]
    DeadGame.
    Irish Strong Dogs of Old.
    Join us on a journey back through the mists of time, back to the days when dogs were dogs and men were men. This 140+ page volume is lavishly illustrated with old photographs of the strong dogs of old. Irish Staffs, English Bulls, Wheatens and Glenns are all here doing their thing alongside articles from the boys that were in the midst of it all. Never before has so many pedigrees been available in one book and the nostalgic photographs will raise many a pulse. This is pure Strong Dog history and not to be missed.
    Hard Back 140+ Pages. Illustrated throughout with historical photograph's.
    Publication Date 5th August 2010

[​IMG]

3. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

Whats this book got new that other publications have missed or that has'nt already been written about on the net?

4. Re: Dead Game "Irish Strong Dogs of Old"

For many years Ricky B and myself corresponded swapping letters and pictures etc., as often as two or three times a month, in between events. Alas over the years and several house moves along the way most of mine got lost or are filed away in my elaborate storage system in black bin bags in a spare room. Ricky however has been more careful and at last has amassed a load of photos and pedigrees in this book which will be of immense historical interest to fanciers of the working stafford and wheaten in Ireland from a time long gone. As I flicked through this colorful volume I was struck too by the number of old acquaintances that have passed on. Great characters like Christy McCarthy, Peter Gorman and Anthony "Flasher" Dunphy.......It was a privilege to have known them and this book is certainly a worthy tribute to their contribution to the game.
    Articles too from men who were there at the coal face explain clearly where the different famous dogs originated. For anyone with even a passing interest in the subject "Dead Game" is a must have. Put together not by fancy book writers or journalists but by genuine dog men....and it's all the better for that.

(The above was written by the man whom once owned Squaw, Oscar and Archie. Should be too hard to figure out who he is if you know a little bit about stafford history)

5. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

Thanks RG,should be an ok read then;)

6. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

so am I converting it right? would be aprx 30bux shipped?

7. Re: Dead Game "Irish Strong Dogs of Old"

International Orders Outside UK £17.50 + £5.99 P&P
    $37 and change.

Currency Calculator

8. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

books like this will bring nothing but heat.especially being open to the public, including the rspca etc to buy freely.
    saying that i will probably take a look lol

9. Mirko

Mirko Pup

Is it possible to pay via PayPal?

10. jonnim

jonnim Big Dog

when is the book being shipped ?

11. nasher

nasher Big Dog

Has anyone actually recieved this book yet as I have heard no one recieved there copy and no response fron darcy books???

12. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

i ordered mine last tuesday and still no sign :confused:

13. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

ordered mine wednesday but nothing yet . should be ok through paypal will let yous know if i recieve .

14. Re: Dead Game "Irish Strong Dogs of Old"

Last word was that the books would be ready for shipping last saturday. Since this is a new print, I wouldnt fret too much. Give it another week.

15. jonnim

jonnim Big Dog

books posted out this morning

16. Re: Dead Game "Irish Strong Dogs of Old"

Got my copy this morning not a bad read and some good pics in there

17. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

a good 50 % of the stafford photos i have seen on the web.
    its not bad at all BUT i still do not think it should have been for sale to the general public,
    better if done like the yb imo.

18. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

got mine this morning a good addition to my collection:)

19. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

got mine yesterday but just getting round to letting yous know aint had a read yet