1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Darby 1 Possums 0

Discussion in 'Patterdale Terriers' started by n2bulldogs, Oct 20, 2010.

1. popper

popper CH Dog

yea the opoosum almost looks bigger than her hahaha awsome dog

2. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

Cool cross there. I meant no harm but there is no changing the mind of people and these dogs, outside out of mind means we can live normal lives without feeling like criminals for owning a dog. You don't have to do illegal things to be a criminal in there eyes, we are guilty first for owning working breed dogs. I just think the further we go underground, the sooner they forget us.

3. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

I don't feel like a criminal for owning dogs at all

4. snakewidomski

snakewidomski Big Dog

I have had some trouble with the authorities, because of my public utterances about dogfighting. But my advocate has eliminated it.
    Hunting is legal. No matter what the antis say.
    The only problem they can make, is to induce the legislator to change the law.

5. Kaderick

Kaderick Pup

Once in a while I've come a cross a big male possum underground that will fight, not like a boar coon, but well enough to end a dogs day. Some of them have big canines and they snap alot leaving lots of holes.

6. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

I was reading the Terrierman's daily dose yesterday, and I thought some of what he had to say applied to this thread; specifically about the "antis", hunting pics. etc.

A Bumper Sticker Can Tell You Quite a Lot

"Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, & Offer no Apologies"

This is the bumper of my friend Teddy Moritz, who has driven around New Jersey for 20 years with this creed on her various trucks and cars.

She says no one has ever flipped her off or said an unkind word about it.

And this New Jersey.

Think about that for a moment.

In 20 years, no vehicle vandalism, no flipped fingers, no harassment.

And yet, to hear some folks say it, we are supposed to be cringing cowards living in fear of "the antis".

Not me, and not Teddy!

In fact, as I have noted before, most of those stoking the fear of "the antis" do not hunt themselves, and many are in such poor physical shape, and with such a tenuous grasp on wild places and wild life, it can be said they are incapable of hunting.

What they are capable of, however, is stoking the fires of paranoia to raise cash and manipulate people into a stampede.

How do you make a stampede? Well first, you make a herd, and then you make a lot of noise and maybe flap some blankets, and then....

It's an added benefit that those who seek to manipulate us all, can use this contrived fear of "the antis" as their personal (and very convenient) reason to never post a picture of themselves or their dogs with quarry

They hunt a lot, they will tell you, but NO there are no pictures of them with real game and real dogs in the field.

"Never thought to bring a camera."

Right.

And in the next 10 years, there will still be no pictures, because they have still never thought to bring a camera.

For these people, there's another sticker often seen on the bumpers of those who hunt their own dogs: "When the tailgate drop, the bullshit stops".

7. forty6mantis

forty6mantis Big Dog

great advice. def. agree.