1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

damn neiborhood.........

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pittfallin, Jan 26, 2007.

1. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

the neiborhood i live in isnt all that great, theres always stray dogs runnin around...mainly about a 30 pit bull and a rottie that weighs about 150-175 lbs, hes huge. well the other night i couldent sleep so i decided to take the dog outside and get some fresh air...when you walk out back theres a line of trees and behind that a big field.
    when i took her out and started to walk out into that feild the dogs walked if front of me, my dog started to run after them ,but i told her to stop and come here so she did. i took a couple of steps torwards the dog(i was about 15 feet away) and yelled to get outa here but the rottie ran torwards me growling, but it was met about half way by my dog,she was pissed...it didnt last very long maybe about 30 seconds...but in the time that it did last it was wild.
    in no way do i condone such a thing because as some of yall know im trying to get into showing so ive been working on her temperment with other dogs.
    anyhow, i dont condone it ,but i thought it was amazing how these dogs naturally know how to preform in the situation, when she hit the dog it was weird, she ran real low to the ground and as soom as she got right up to him she came straight up and cought him under the jaw they rolled about twice and the she threw her front legs torwards her rear and droped her chest on the ground....then shook her way back up and then repeated it twice more, the rot never had a chance,thats when i broke it up....
    i bought a breaking stick at the last show and every time i take her out i have it with me, good thing i did.
    as soon as i broke it up the rottie ran off, she had some blood on her throat and i thought she had been hurt,but it wasnt hers and all she had was three little marks on her head...heres the pic of the marks

Attached Files:

2. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Those marks are no big deal, they'll heal over. You more pressing concern is her becoming dog aggressive. An accidental scrap might bring out her natural tendencies & the UKC won't put up w/ that. I've even heard of a dog being banned for life from the UKC show ring for dog aggression.

3. Suki

Suki Guest

yup, imo, when instinct kicks in, it can be a pretty amazing thing to witness, in all accounts...

4. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

and the next day the litte pit bull ran up in my yard...i went outside and put it on a leash, it was a real sweet dog. was real skinny though.
    it would let you handel its feet, mouth , and all it wanted was to be pet.
    i even let meet our dogs and it wanted to play with them, they played for a little ,but not much because it looked a little sickly

heres some pics of it.....i called around and for a place that was a no kill shelter, they said it would be fixed ,it was REALLY sweet and i dont think they will have any problem

Attached Files:

5. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

after all setteled down i thought about it....it was an amazing thing to see how perfect these dogs were developed, it gives me even more respect for the breed and makes me even more discusted with people that are trying to change it.

6. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

naw, they aint real big, when she had it pinned under the jaw it was trying to nip back at her, but the rottie couldent do nothin but that

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Just wash the wounds out, run a few days of AB's if you wish, and pick the scabs off (if they even scab up...those are just cuts). They will probably go away with absolutely nothing, and never be visible in a few weeks. I've had dogs get into stray cats, groundhogs, barbed wire fences and get cut up alot worse then that, gave em a bath, and that was it. You would never guess by looking at them, I couldn't even tell you where there were once wounds.

8. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

im not worried about the little marks, i was more or less speaking about the natural ability of these dogs and how they are perfect with no reason to change them

9. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

it could've been a lot worse. you got lucky. did ya have her on a leash, if not...shame shame..lol. ;)

10. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

no i didnt have her on a leash, i like to let her run around and play, if i take her to public i always have her on leash. in my yard...not so much

11. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Like I said shame, shame on you. LOL.

12. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

.......dang

13. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Just think. Now that she's been in a scrap, the situation could just as easily be reversed, with her running out to to take a swipe at another dog. I was in my unfenced front yard letting my dog potty at 11:30pm one night, and that quick my neighbor's 2 dogs ran up to us, and she chased them out of the yard and up the street. (Thankfully she was more interested in play than war, but it was still scary and stupid to have her take off on me like that. I kicked myself in the ass all the way back into the house.) Can't afford to be complacent or lax with this breed. :)

14. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

very true, she stoped when i told her to and didnt attack untill the dog ran at me.

15. dog-man

dog-man Big Dog

Why are you direclty looking for a shelter, do you know the owners of the dog, if he is friendly and I know the owners, I would return him to its owner and let them know he was loose and next time the ac could get em, trust they will get the hint........................

16. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

no i had no idea who the owners were, and even if someonw was to walk up and tell me it was thier do i wouldent have givin it back, you could see all the hip bones and everything. felt sorry for the little guy, real sweet dog and i thought he was beautiful

17. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Do you remember that girl who was on here all mean about blue dogs and then got the female that was greyline? Kinda looks like her dog roxy in a way.

18. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

it seems like i remember, but theres so many people that are to faint of heart to deal with the "in your face awnsers"...lol...they come and go so fast. probibly go to another site that will pussy foot around the dumbass things that they think about the breed. i wish sometimes that they wouldent get bashed that way they coulod get some good info from here

19. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

From the pics you posted he looked to be a good weight, fat actually, The pic you took from above while the dog was eating doesnt count, I could take a pic that looked like that of my fat dog if taken from above while the dog is eating.

20. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

LMAO HV! I love the new pic in your sig! So true! hahahaha!