1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Damn Landlord!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by LuvMyBulldogs, Jul 28, 2010.

1. LuvMyBulldogs

LuvMyBulldogs Big Dog

So today I come home from work and there's a note on the door. It says that "the neighbors have been complaining about my dog barking all time of day and night. I did not know you had pitbulls when u moved in. They are considered viscious dogs. Get rid of the dogs or move immediately." The neighbors never once said anything to me about the dogs. Hell, they're kids play with my male when I'm out in the yard. That kinda kills the vicious theory and the neighbors complaining. My AC went out and the handy man had to come repair it. Well I was never informed he was coming and he entered the property and my femaleturned him around immediately. Of course I'm movin cause I'm not gettin rid of any more dogs. Did enough of that when me and the ol' lady split. I only have two 6 yr old adults and a 10 week old pup. She never asked what kind of dogs I had, so I didn't offer the info. The problem arises with thunderstorms. My dog goes bezerk when it thunders and I can't bring him inside. My ? is , am I legally entitled to my deposit back? How long do I legally have before I have to leave?? I'm located in SC if that helps. Anbody ever have a similar situation? How'd u handle it? I'm not in a position to just up and move, to expensive right now....

2. nah.uhh

nah.uhh Pup

Tell her they are labs and your neighbors are liars. Jyice it up by saying you;d never let a pit bull near your kid... Lmao whynot?

3. pitbullkid86

pitbullkid86 Big Dog

If it isnt stated in your lease that you cannot have pitbull dogs, he cant just tell you to get out.

4. nah.uhh

nah.uhh Pup

like i was saying, do your dogs have a stamp on their head sayin AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER ADBA with th registration number on the ass? ifnot how the hell does anyone know what breed of dog you own. if your landlord didnt know they were pit bulls, what sort of concrete, irrefutable, top secret inside information from trusted sources was he/she given? i just read your nosey neighbors have a problem with barking, so they ACCUSED you of having pit bulls. well "pit bulls" dont exist, shows what your neighbors know.

unless im mistaken and youve showed off pedigrees to your landlord, or sent copies to your neighbors?

5. MCS

MCS CH Dog

You have 14 days from written notice if you do not work it out or comply. If they are claiming you broke the lease agreement.

6. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

Renting and owning this breed is becoming a big problem.

So big, that I wonder if it's worth it to place dogs into such situations; or to bring a Pit Bull into a rental situation....

Too many times, renters have big problems finding places that will allow their dogs and again, the DOGS often end up facing uncertain futures...

Dreamer

7. duckmike

duckmike Big Dog

chances are you won't get your deposit back so tell him since he's breaking the lease that you're using your deposit for your last month assuming your deposit was a month in advance

8. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Yep, Craigslist and shelters are full of all types of "pit bulls" for this very reason, and it seems that the other "dangerous" breeds like GSD, Huskie/malmutes, Rotti etc are fewer case of this.

9. flame

flame Pup

i just got the same letter from my local council saying that they are noisy ,,its a bit hard to keep them quiet when my neighbour has 10 cats that come in my yard and walk past my dogs in there cages .its alright for the other neighbours german shepherd to bark all nyt n day but bcoz mine are pitts i get in shit

10. After you move, come back in a few months and burn the house down.

11. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

Does your city or county or state have vicious dog laws about renting?

OP, I am in real estate. Check your lease. Does it state no dogs allowed. Does in mention anything about dangerous dogs. If your landlord knew you had dogs, you paid a pet deposit, but it doesnt say anything about "vicious or dangerous dogs" not being allowed, then you are good. Just contact your State board of Realtors and file a complaint, or local Sheriff or county precinct (judge). They are the ones who will probably enforce evictions. If and when you move Do Not Rent From A Real Estate Company. Rent from an individual. Drive around and look for the homemade type generic signs. Meet with the owner in person, explain everything about your dogs up front, and then put it in writting in your lease that it is agreed about the dogs and that they will be allowed to stay as long as no laws are broken.

12. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

^^^^^ haha someone is an evil damager :p

but I am sorry to hear for your circumstances I am not to certain on how long you have until you must leave the residence but I am sure it's somewhere around 2 weeks and I must fully agree though if it is not written on the lease that you are not to own "pit bulls" or any breed under the dangerous dog act then you should really try to fight for that unless you think it would be best to reside elsewhere to avoid rubbish like this in the near future.

13. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

aside from what everyone has told you, make some bullshit up. Say its a staff, or a greyhound(if your dogs are in shape).

14. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

tell her you aint leavin shit, and if you hear from her again youll burn the fuckin place down! :cool::cool:

15. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

in all seriousness, if the dog thing is in the lease then yea she can kick you out without returning a deposite.

if she did kick you out, BY LAW she has to give you a 30 day notice.

16. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

If you didn't break the lease, they probably have to take you to court to have you evicted. Then you have _ days to leave.

17. LuvMyBulldogs

LuvMyBulldogs Big Dog

I specifically asked the lady if it was alright to have ''dogs". She said yes. They didnt even know we had a dog until they came in unannounced. There is no place in the lease agreement AT ALL that says anything about pets period, so thats a huge plus for me. Im gettin' the hell on anyway. It's not worth the hassle but im not payin' and im still stayin' until i find a place.

18. LuvMyBulldogs

LuvMyBulldogs Big Dog

BTW Dreamer, I had 7 dogs at one point at the house that me and my wife owned. unfortunately, things happen and we go our separate ways.I kept my oldest two dogs, both 6 yrs old and easy keepers. i see what you're sayin' about renting and owning a "pitbull". There is an amazing number of people that are totally in the blind about these dogs. I dont think there ever was or will be a breed that is discriminated against like the ones most of us own.

19. LegendsMami

LegendsMami Top Dog

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with your landlord's homeowners insurance. As that happen to me with a previous landlord. He had no problem with me having a GSD and Legend but his homeowners was not going to cover 2 supposedly dangerous dogs. He even tried to put Legend down as an AmStaff. (I now know Boxer mix works. Lol smh)... I would think she would have to give you between 15-30 days. What just takes me out is the fact she's a landlord knew you had dogs but didn't bother to ask what breed before letting you sign a lease. Sounds like she's at fault and its her problem not yours IMO.

20. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

yo legend, you know you hella sexy right!!! just my 2 cents lol

sorry folks, back on topic!