1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dagger kennels..really that big?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by New2Game, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdue

kdue Big Dog

lol imagine the cost of feed and you better get a X-TRA

2. kdue

kdue Big Dog

large pooper scooper lol

3. Southerncharm

Southerncharm Big Dog

I actually seen SOME dogs on there that I thought looked nice and liked the way they were built. :o But I'm also still learning about the Pittie and everything along those lines..
    I mean, yes, I would own one. But I perfer the 40-70 pounds dogs, even though Tyson is 80. :)
    But alot of those dogs on there are ridiculously large and overweight. Like the 135 pound dogs? Umm.. :confused:

4. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

When I hear "pit" I think of a true "pit" dog or a APBT. The Dagger dogs are neither. It is a known fact the Dagger dogs have been mixed to create good pull dogs just like Whopper dogs etc....

5. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

I didnt click their web page, but it sounds like the same Dagger Knls that was advertising in the Gazette over 10yrs ago..They have "pull dogs"..Plain and simple..The ADBA does, and has been registering these mixed breed "pull dogs" under the name APBT, simply for monetary gains..

Jeeperino, when I hear "pit" or "pits" I think of the homies in the streets talking with their boys about their "gangsta ass pits"..lol..I have never met not even one dogman call his dogs "pits", or use the term, my "pit"..

6. KuyaJames33

KuyaJames33 Big Dog

I've seen these dogs in person and they are that big... I was a tech at a veterinary clinic where dagger used to bring in some of their dogs for artificial breeding and i saw them tip the scales close to 120 lbs. They are big and strong dogs and its not hard to be convinced that they have some other breeds incorporated to increase pulling power. There were a few occasions where the vet couldn't go into the exam room because of how aggressive the dogs were...maybe it was a bad day and they didnt want doc to collect them bu,t those dogs are pretty intimidating when they don't wanna be touched, they'll let u know.

viviana f zoida likes this.
  7. New2Game

New2Game Pup

maybe 120, but some are listed as 135 and over.

i say pits cause its easier to type. i say pits in parentheses because they aren't real apbt's. i'll be sure to type apbt every time from now on.lol

8. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

Hey man, you can call them whatever you want to call em'..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2008
  9. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Thats nice a 120 lb man eater! I would take care of that whole yard for less than 5 $ But they would have to dig for those big ass dogs. I still dont get it WHY???? I would not want to pick up after those mutts Think how big the pies they drop are. Those dogs are a stain on the shirt of the true APBT. If I was rich I would go to yards of puppy peddlers like that Buy the whole litter then give them all the green neddle in front of them. Sorry But Thats the way I feel they are of no use just to scare people and look big and mean. I dont think thats what we need our dogs to be mistakin for. J

10. :cool: The Dagger Line is really that big to answer the question. I live in California a few hours away from Omar Ross of Dagger kennels and trust me they really are that big. THey look lean and muscular. But when you see these pitbulls in person they are huge. THey don't look like Dogue de bordeaux like some mentioned on the earlier posts. They look like regular APBT's just Jumbo size. Literally. A 60 - 80 lbs APBT is averaged at 16-19inches at the withers and 19-23inch head. Well The dagger line produced huge pits double the size. averaging 23-26+ inches tall at the withers and 25-26+ inch heads. They do weight alot too. Dragon weighs 135lbs. But they usually drop weight for competition. I saw him in person he looks nothing like the photos on the sight he is nothing but muscle and wide and tall and no saggy skin on him just a lean fit pitbull machine. Some prefer smaller pits and some the bigger pits. Old family Rednose or outcrossed or the newer line of ... bullies. Outcrossed or not they all have APBT blood in them. Besides APBTs are amazing dogs. Big or small I love the breed. I own all types and like each kind for their own unique trait. I like big pits for their drive and power(weightpull), I like OFRN because of their looks, and bullies well it's a new thing but hey they are fat lazy and cute. They are all nice, whether APBT's...something in between ... or Bullies ... Pitbulls in general ... well gotta love em. :D

11. Marty

Marty Guest

colemankaze, hate to tell you but there has never been an APBT that weighted 135lbs :(

Sorry... never in the history of the breed :rolleyes:

12. New2Game

New2Game Pup

you joined the very day you made this post, you have only made one post so far. i would be very surprised if you werent Omar Ross or one of his good friends. lol

13. It's strange how people took my response offensively. The question was "dagger kennels .. really that big?" I answered it. I'm not Omar Ross I'm not his friend. I Like APBT off all kinds. Yes even bullies is that wrong. Look you guys can get offended all you want all I know is hey someone asked about dagger kennels I just answered the question.

14. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

No one from what I've seen here has taken your post offensively, but that's my opinion. No one said they weren't in fact that large, they were just saying it's doubtful that the dogs are pure APBT

15. ive seen the Dagger Pits and the Whopper Pits from both Don Taylor and Randy Wentz and if those are 100% pure pits I got some land on the moon for sale those dogs have to have something bred in with them but yes those dogs are huge 120 -125 lbs weightpull dogs reg as APBT

16. calikeith

calikeith Big Dog

my little male is caulk full of xxl pit[ehmmm.oklahoma bulldog,lol]including dagger,whopper and everything else and i bet he dosent get over 65 pounds.although he is the exception to the rule.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    looks all pit too me....looks can be decieving ehhhh.

17. calikeith

calikeith Big Dog

and for the record,when i saw my banjos father,''red diablo'' he was easily the biggest pitbull i'd ever seen,even though he really wasnt,he looked 100% like a massive red nosed amstaff,very lean as well.ive got a photo of him,he was bred by komonstersquad kennel.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i believe hes a 120 pounds in these photos and he is scary as hell,but friendly right out of ace weight pull stock ko monster squads crunch and thora.

18. I was told by ONE OF the people involved in the beginning stages of that line....they are mutts. Selectively bred to breeds and mixes other than APBTs to achieve the desired traits; HUGE...while still resembling a "pitbull" to the ignorant public....take it for what it's worth.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2009
  19. calikeith

calikeith Big Dog

thats a guarantee,you dont double a dogs size by line breeding,if ya did you'd get 400 pound mastiffs.

20. Surely those things have to be crossed with some kind of mastiff or something somewhere down the line

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.