1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

DA can be trained out of the APBT....

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by SAM_I_AM, Oct 27, 2006.

1. simms

simms CH Dog

WOW!
    Honest and profound!

2. Marty

Marty Guest

Before I continue with the post in this thread reps to ya! ;)

ghost 1 likes this.
  3. Phebes

Phebes Guest

Not likely. Since I was 8 years old every male dog I have owned has been DA.
    They all behaved well in public and on a leash but if given freedom to reach another male dog there would be a fight and a few would also attack females if they were in their territory. I have owned in the last 50 years a retriever mix, Dalmation, Poodles, GSDs, OESD, Dobermans, Boxer and last but certainly not least the APBT.
    Maybe people just don't see the DA in other breeds.
    Example, I was at the vet's getting a shot for one of my cats in comes a guy with a mixed breed hound. The dog is up on it's hind legs trying to get to people. It is barking and whining and everyone is smiling thinking the dog is so funny. If my male was acting that way people would be running out of the building in fear. So anyway along comes a little mop dog and it's owner also has no control...so hound mix and mop dog are all over each other. Only one vet tech and I freeze because we are the only ones who notice the hair coming up on the hound mix's back. But just when I think the dog is going to snap and grab the mop dog the owner of mop dog drags it away to the scale to be weighed. Hound mix is called in the see vet and everyone is still smiling. LOL
    Ignorance is truely bliss.