1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Cycling

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Plummerterrier, May 29, 2013.

1. Who takes their dogs cycling for exercise and what kind of speed and distance are you going.

2. bounty

bounty Big Dog

just a trot for about 4 hours, sometimes....

3. yerichoffpits

yerichoffpits Big Dog

I am about 3/4hour 4/5 times a week and the first half houre is realy fast, ill bike the one day a flat parcours and the other day a 3/4 uphill and after the cycling trowing balls and than he go's on the A-Frame for an other 5min from next week i am starting with 1 time a week the whole 2 parcours in one trip.
    on a lazy day he runs next to the bike buth normaly he always runs infront off the bike

4. best2best

best2best Big Dog

Do this at much as 3days a week as I just had my right leg put back together after breaking it doctors said it was ok to get back on the road! Some mornings we start at 5am and head out 3hours backpack full of waters we stop every so often to check pads on my days off we could be out a.d about for as long as ten hours stoping by friends and family members house ride to a few local lakes as my hounds love to swim! If weather is hot no biking for us as that road can get pretty hot! But almost evey morning we are on the road at 5-6am really builds ur hound up the right way adds total bottom to they plus it getting this leg ready so we can go back to our 5hour walks ! Love the out door and whom better to share it with oLolther then ur hound! The wife is cool but I have to talk and yes her to death!

5. best2best

best2best Big Dog

Every morning at5am on days off as much as ten hours stoping to check pads and stoping by friends and familys house few local lakes as my hounds love to swim! Love the out doors and whom better to share it with other then ur hound

6. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

No more than about 1hr after certain work days.

7. sweetscience

sweetscience Big Dog

question.... when biking do you run ,trot on asphalt/concrete or softer surfaces like grass or dirt roads. I want to bike with a dog if possible on grass trying to avoid the hard impact.

8. Took him out for an hour on a concrete road the other day, was a good workout and something different only going to do it now and again though

9. Mickeyg

Mickeyg Top Dog

I only do about a hour 5-10 seems a bit much dog would love it I don't think ill ack it thou lol

Hard scarfaces are ok but make sure u check the pads often and don't run them for 10 hours on hard ground lol just 40mins to a hour but grass or dirt would be better if u can find it

10. yerichoffpits

yerichoffpits Big Dog

when the dog loves to run near the bike you will see it, when i take my bike zeke is going crazy he loves to run, this morning 45min in the fealds biking with him and after 5min break 5min on the A_Frame than it was my turn to go to sleep and i sleep well after such a morning :-)

11. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

I do bike my dogs as much as possible when the weather/temperature and time lets me. Here's a movie we did couple years ago.

[video=youtube;ZCTBN97F7gc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCTBN97F7gc[/video]