1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

culling

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CRG, Jun 6, 2004.

?

Start removing members who have not been active in X days?

1. Yes, start right now

23 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. Yes, but wait for more members.

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. No, never!

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. I agree with BNK, 4 weeks is plenty of time.

2. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

4 weeks sounds fair to me ;)

3. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

I agree we need more participation, but we don't need to lose those who are active enough to have joined in the first place. We should encourage the silent ones to join in and support this site. The silent ones are still part of the info network, and may join in at a later date.

4. BDK

BDK oo7

• :cool: i agree with knock 4 weeks is more then fair with members i think that is they are staff though they should not go more then 2 weeks max with being on here helping posting etc or they should be knocked out of staff and replaced 4 weeks for members 2 weeks for staff after all who can afford to fo on vacation for more than 2 week so that excuse doesnt work for me and 4 weeks is plenty of time to just reda and not post they have to learn this is a active community so become involved or get out that is what makes this work so well

5. red_light

red_light Pup

4 weeks is enough for me...........

6. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

nope, i think its about the quality of a post not the quanity, or the regularity. culling should be done though, i just wouldnt base it numbers id base it on words, and what is being said by the members. just my 2 cents

7. powder925

powder925 Big Dog

I don't think that you should get rid of the lerkers just get rid of the people that haven't logged in in over 4-6 months or something like that.It would be nice if more people posted but I don't really care if some people just read and learn.thats whats so nice about having board like this so uneducated people can learn how to properly handle this breed.

8. Marty

Marty Guest

We just recently removed users that haven't been active for 120 days.

We are down to about 1,254 users.

9. zombie106

zombie106 Big Dog

I think what you should do is send an e-mail to inactive members and see what his or her status is (are they still interested in being a member? are they alive? etc.), then have shon or a moderator in charge of this decide the member's fate.

10. Classic

Classic Big Dog

Here is my $0.02
    You can be really busy for 8 weeks, ya dig?
    So tired and no time for the pc...too much walkin.
    But STRICT cut off at 9weeks !

11. mutt

mutt Pup

yea crg seems like u thinkin of ways to sart drama...lol give them a chance thyll speak soon.....lol

12. ibcbt

ibcbt Pup

i also dont think that is it right to remove someone for not posting. i come here to read the post.then i go to the chat board to ask question. so what would i have to post.

13. X

X Banned

No one is going to be removed for not posting.

The only reason for a member's account to be delete is if they do not visit the site and sign on their username for 120 days.

14. HCK

HCK Big Dog

I say 6 weeks....Even I go a little while without posting...

15. zombie106

zombie106 Big Dog

Could this culling rule go for moderators as well as regular users?

16. X

X Banned

For staff, it is 2 weeks, for everybody else it is 4 months and has nothing to do with whether you post or not.

17. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

I agree with most of the guys.Give them a limit.But also look at their record before you make a decision.I think I have done pretty good here,but I have been having problems with the Dell corp and my brand new computers(They have sent me P.O.S after P.O.S).As Shon knows I was off line for 4-5 weeks.So I say,give them at least 6 weeks and check their activity record.

18. iwallace

iwallace Pup

if they dont visit for a while .YEAH delete them.
    but you cant ban ppl for not posting , some like to read first and just look around.
    new comers might be frightened to ask questions.
    there has been a few harsh replies to some of the new comers threads.
    this is a great site for learning and UNDERSTANDING .dont take that away from us or them.
    on other forums there are threads for new comers ..that can ask a selected few ppl questions...how ever stupid ,daft, or dangerous....without getting there heads bitten off.....just a few moderators that can point them in the right direction..
    but the ppl that come here just to sell pups or stuff ...should have a limit on posts first ...
    IE......5 new threads ... and then they can post forsale items ..
    hope i aint gone of the track abit to much.
    ian

19. SWAMPER

SWAMPER Pup

4 Weeks Is Good Enough For Me Lol

20. Deep south

Deep south Big Dog

i have to agree
    and futher more i myself will have times where i am gone for a few weeks at a time and not have acess to a computer and if you must do this i would also take Rank in to consideration and do something like 2 weeks per star of let a person bye vacalion time in the u-shop if this is something you do at all i know if i came back looking fowred to catching up on here and was deleted i would not sign back up and i think many would fill the same . Thank You APBTADBA