1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

culling

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CRG, Jun 6, 2004.

?

Start removing members who have not been active in X days?

1. Yes, start right now

23 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. Yes, but wait for more members.

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. No, never!

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. CRG

CRG Top Dog

talked to shon about deleting members who have not posted or visited in a while.to many members for so little of us posting.just wondering about others opinions on this.

2. X

X Banned

I personally think that we need to wait a little longer on more members. But whatever ya'll think is best. :)

3. gator

gator Big Dog

Hmm, I see both sides here but I think if they haven`t posted in 2 weeks remove them.

4. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

I agree with Gator on this one

5. æSDKæ

æSDKæ Pup

Guess you are right guys..:)

6. what if some members just prefer viewing and reading some posts?

7. Yep I Like The Reading Also,i Post A Lil But Not As Much As I Could I Guess But You Guys Know More Than Me Im Learning Lol........

8. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

The thing is if you read something and have a ? or comment or maybe just don't understand the info-- Ask a question or comment on it. Involvement is what really makes a site like this work. The staff should really be here as a guide. If the members who just read and don't get involved stay and keep doing it then the site will never reach it's full potential. It is really up to the MEMBERS as too how far it goes or doesn't go. The staff and seasoned members of the GAME have a lot of knowledge and I'm sure are more than willing to share info with other members, but if the rest of the members are not willing to try and learn then there will be a few of us post and conversing on subjects. The ones that sit back and just read may not ever fully grasp the concept of the info in a certain post or number of posts. If we all get involved it will be a lot better than if a few run to the front and the rest lag behind.

9. CRG

CRG Top Dog

well said i was the same way when i came to the board not asking ? or posting but the more you do the more you learn.the only dumb ? is one not asked.

10. d.g.76m

d.g.76m Pup

i don't think you should start removing inactive members.there is a balancing system some of us follow.these boards are entertaining,informing,and not to mention(this one is easy-going and peaceful).keep up the good work.however,sometimes we have to leave our screens to take care of our dogs.in most cases 10-12 weeks.i wouldn't consider that inactive but a dogman handling his priorities.others just choose not to post to avoid negative feedback on certain issues but visit regular. thanks for your time. dg76

11. X

X Banned

If we do decide to remove members because of inactivity it will be a larger period of time. When I say inactivity I don't mean necessarially posting. As long as you visit the once every X amount of days (we are looking at between 180-270 days right now) you will be fine.

12. X

X Banned

Also, if you reply to this thread... please vote on the poll at the top of the page. :)

Members it's time to speak up... voice your opinion :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2004
  13. AC

AC Big Dog

I agree with the removing of inactive members but I think 2 weeks is too soon. Some people do go on vacation and don't need to worry about posting within a short time frame or having to re register again. I say 3 mo. is a good time.

14. BigTex

BigTex Pup

i agree with alligator club

15. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

I think we should give them 4 weeks, if they don't post in that time remove them....People don't need to be members to come in an read most of the site, but they do need to be to get into the private forums, but they wont be able to get into those forums anyway if they don't post and get the points to buy there way in...We need members that are going to post and help with info for other members...I'm a member of Gamedogs.com and Pitdog Org. but have never been in there site....Why would they keep me as a member???? Anyway just me 2 cents.....YIS

Members that post keep the board moving along :D

16. Why ? What's the big deal with folks not posting as regular as some others. Maybe some like to read, LISTEN and maybe learn something. All we have to do is wait, they will come around. Sooner or later they may post something. Just the right article hasn't come up for mr. right yet. Of course, this is just my thought. I would not want to kick someone out or off just when they might have a valuable question..I mean...you never know....pooch

17. Gamest

Gamest Pup

4 weeks sounds good.

18. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

Well said! As for the time limit......i have mixed feelings. Part of me says 30 days....part of me says 60.

19. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

People don't need to be members to come in an read most of the site, but they do need to be to get into the private forums, but they wont be able to get into those forums anyway if they don't post and get the points to buy there way in...

20. 4 weeks sounds good.