1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Crossing Any Bloodlines

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by courtesyscratch, Jul 21, 2014.

1. If you could cross any 2 bloodlines, what would they be & why ? Personally, I would cross some Ablizin's Bad Rosemary blood with a heavy Bolio dog . That's a hell of a good dog ! What would you do??

2. Sorry to bother but im new to this may I ask what are bloodlines.

3. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

I just seen a good dog & liked it.
    I bred it to another good dog that just so happened to be related.
    Both dogs even though related, were still called scatter bred because of how loose they were bred.
    I personally don't believe that you can just cross 2 dogs & get good dogs based on bloodlines alone.
    But after time you can cross bloodlines to dogs that you have personally seen threw & threw.
    After years you may wind up like we did & use over "2 dozen different bloodlines over the last few decades" to get the dogs you want.
    Here's just one using that method.
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=469167
    Some of the familes used are .
    Hicks,
    Sorrells,(Heavy Corvino)
    Alexanders {boomerang),
    Boomtowns( Rick Sorrells -boomerang)
    Alligator,
    Battendorffs ,
    Kirkwoods,
    Hammonds,
    Stompanato ,
    Sarona,
    Bill De Cordovas ,
    Heinzl
    Hemphill,
    Clouse
    Wallace ,
    Brownlows,
    Ruffian,
    Tacoma,
    Maloney,
    Crabbs,
    Patricks,
    Ratliffs,
    Clemmons ( Eli-Zebo),
    Boudreaux,
    Reddicks Herman, {Mid night cowboys},
    Hollands {Red Boy},
    And a few others if you look close enough.
    All of these into "1" solid family of dogs.
    " Hicks dogs"
    Just trying to pick one or two bloodlines may never get the full potential to what it is your looking for in a dog.

And just say. Try them all.
    Why limit yourself to just a few?

4. So are bloodlines like a family of dogs?

5. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

Pretty Much.

6. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

7. kenitodrake

kenitodrake Big Dog

bolio /Colby /old family rednose gosh wouldn't tht make a dog matter of fact im going to look at some dogs to buy from those line just so I can breed them lol

8. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

For what? Bolio has those dogs in it.. dam near all dogs go back to Colby or OFRN at some point.. World doesn't need more breeders or poeple looking ot just breed.

9. kenitodrake

kenitodrake Big Dog

hve u ever heard of redo breeding

10. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Stop reading and shut the fuck up, your irritating.

11. kenitodrake

kenitodrake Big Dog

wait who me ?

12. ragedog10

ragedog10 Top Dog

That's the problem guys think if you breed this blood to that blood you should come up with insert famous dogs name..only if it were that simple.