1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

crossguns kennells.

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by mikej, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Hutchy

Hutchy Pup

Hi Mikej, I have a KC Type Staffy same as your Staffy. Although people say that the more working Staff ie: The Irish Stafford or as they call them now the "Athlectic Stafford" are more suited to weight pull, agility, trials I tend to disagree. Although the KC Line were breed for show they are still well up for weightpull and agility. I have only just become involved with the Irish Pitbull Association as have many other Stafford owners, all seem to be KC type and all of them are well up for it. My advice get your dog involved as soon as you can, I am sorry I didn't start sooner as she loves it and have a bit of fun...All the best.

2. mikej

mikej Pup

hi hutchy.
    i hope it all goes well with weight pulling and agility for you.
    what age is your dog.
    mine is only 5 months yet, so plenty of time yet to start training.
    i got in touch with a club not to far from me.
    i spoke to the person that helps run it about my pup.
    he told me that all his dogs are kc reged, and they have no problems compeating.
    he has 1 staffy that is very good indeed.
    time will tell.
    good luck with your dog and the weight pulling and agility.
    atb,mike.

3. Nogz

Nogz Pup

Not saying i'm. But think your info isn't that reliable anymore..

4. jonnim

jonnim Big Dog

Hi Nogz
    I hope there a good staffords out there still,but for myself it 25 years ago now,i enjoy the pics and some of the old stories,admitted they seem to have chnged from fact to fiction over the years
    regards

5. gunman2376

gunman2376 Big Dog

to me too but the dog i got (wich is heavy crossguns) and to me has no air is teaching me that i might be wrong, good prey drive, good will to work (sports) and not so bad in athletic feats, my boy yesterday just did 30 min tug + 15 min walk and went back to get my bike and did + 40min biking and 90% of that time was runing at the side of the bike with a few small "slow pace" and fast recuperation and he could do more, not bad for a useless dog, im shure he can handle 2h work.

and he acts like he already knows how to (weight) pull, giving the big hit at the start (to make the cart move)