1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Cross Post Urgent

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by RedNoseGurl, Sep 10, 2007.

1. RedNoseGurl

RedNoseGurl Big Dog

WANT TO END UP LIKE ONTARIO ?????? TIME TO STEP UP PEOPLE CROSS POST WIDELY !

Now the Province is getting pressure to do something.

The poll is half way down in the middle. And we're not doing to good.
    http://www.news1130.com/
    [font=ARIAL,HELVETICA][size=-1]News1130 Listener Poll
    [/size][/font][font=ARIAL,HELVETICA][size=-1]Should pit bulls be banned in our province?[/size][/font]</FONT>

[font=ARIAL,HELVETICA][size=-1]Yes[/size][/font][​IMG][font=ARIAL,HELVETICA][size=-1] 76%[/size][/font][font=ARIAL,HELVETICA][size=-1]No[/size][/font][​IMG][font=ARIAL,HELVETICA][size=-1] 24%[/size][/font]
    Stupid People! Stupid, Stupid People. Here's one version of the story.
    http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article.jsp?content=20070910_180133_4304 Please fell free to post everywhere. Thank-you.
    </FONT>

2. I gave you a no vote, but that only made 29%...71% yes!

3. Grizzly

Grizzly Big Dog

Gave you a no vote.........now it's 69% to 31%.

4. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I voted.

I suggest you send them a letter asking them how on earth they are going to enforce the banning of almost 20 breeds and numerous mixed breeds seeing as there is no such thing as a "pit bull."

I am more than willing to write a letter on y'alls behalf.

5. RedNoseGurl

RedNoseGurl Big Dog

Please do so........send it to my email

Sorry, no e-mails allowed. DryCreek:)

Thanx for the LUV !!!

BUMP PEOPLE BUMP WERE TURNING IT AROUND !

6. koening

koening Top Dog

Did that vote , now its 53 yes , 47 no ;)

7. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

[font=ARIAL,HELVETICA][size=-1]Should pit bulls be banned in our province?[/size][/font]
    [font=ARIAL,HELVETICA][size=-1]Yes: 49%[/size][/font]
    [font=ARIAL,HELVETICA][size=-1]No: 51%[/size][/font]

Good luck B.C. I hope you don't have to deal with BSL like us here in Ontario.

I know that we are not to talk politics but I must point this out. Next month is Ontario's election for a provincial government. We are also appealing Justice T. Herman's decision in regards to the Ontario Ban. It would be a blessing to APBT owners here if we could vote out the party responsible for the ban before it goes back to court.

Ontario dog owner's, DON'T vote Liberal!

No other party members besides Liberals voted FOR the ban!

8. I am starting to notice a trend with theses online polls that member's are posting. They are unscientific to say the least, but they numbers are misleading. They will usually say that 79%, for example, are in favor of banning the APBT in a given city. Usually within a few votes we have turned the poll in our favor. That means that only a few people are actually responding against the APBT, but its being reported by the % to look like it is representing an overwhelming majority. Statistics are often misleading, and I just wanted to point that out to an that can't see through it...

coolhandjean likes this.
  9. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

that's what polls do...any many times they word the question so of course joe schmoe is going to vote yes...It's usually like "should dangerous breeds be eliminated?" Well, yes, I don't want a dangerous dog near my kid...I have never been one to trust polls. They are too easy to manipule *sp*. Just ask a question a certain way, or just ask a select few people who you know will answer the way you want, and bam, it looks like everyone is on your side....It's crazy that so many people trust them. Isn't it?

10. Another trick they've been using to bias these polls is to allow only two responses. We can only pick yes or no...we can't leave comments, or qualify answers. Maybe someone isn't sure about banning the APBT...there is not where for his/her vote to go. Of course this is not intended as academic research, but this is the stuff that influences the masses and perpetuates rumors, myths, untruths, etc.