1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

cropped ears

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by rocco, Sep 13, 2006.

1. rocco

rocco Big Dog

Could you all that have had this done post pics of your dogs. I am going to get mine pups done next week and was looking for a reference(if you don't mind) to show the vet to make sure they are done exactly the way I want them done. They where recommended here by alot but I just want to be sure. Thanks in advance

2. diva

diva CH Dog

How old is your pup? Has the pup had all of his/her shots? Does your vet use laser or scalpel?

Be sure and understand all that is involved not only with the surgery, but afterwards during the splinting procedures. After the surgery, the ears require a period of bandaging and support splinting. I suggest that you do some research so that you will know what risk are involved and also what to expect.

Here is my pup before.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And after.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

The first dog I had cropped, and I'm happy with the way they turned out.

[​IMG]

Kinda limited on photos since she died in 1998 and most of the pics were never scanned in and were left behind with mom when I moved out.

4. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

Hera
    [​IMG]

Bane
    [​IMG]

5. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

here you go

Attached Files:

6. MASON

MASON Big Dog

7. Usually this subject alyes turns out to be an arguement. Since there has been alot of hostility in the air lately just thought I wold bring this up. Maby this thread can be peaceful LOL

8. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

[​IMG]
    got maine lasered i also got it done 5 years ago when it was cheap.

9. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

The ones that I have cut are not as tall as the ones I have seen so far in this thread. If you take a half dollar and stick it into the dogs ear and trace a line around it, then make a mark 1" from the place the ear touches the head and tip it from the coin, that is how I like them cut. [​IMG]

10. I DEFINITELY WOULD HAVE KEPT THAT PUPS EARS INTACT....THEY ARE WAY TOO CUTE!

11. malachi

malachi Big Dog

I did not crop Malachi's ears, his ears give him so much personality. I love his ears... I was going to crop them and then I changed my mind and I am so happy that I didn't. Good Luck. Look at all the pictures of his cute ears in my gallery.

12. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

i like that look thats what i wanted on mine at first and they came out a little long...but i like em'....beautiful dog

13. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Thank you.

14. sheytan88

sheytan88 Pup

before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

15. [​IMG]
    before

[​IMG]