1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Critique my male

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by nc_pitbullmommy, Nov 16, 2008.

1. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Just a tip. He's pretty well-stacked, but get down on his level next time. :)

He's a nice dog! Has some minor flaws, but overall not bad.

2. Yard Boy

Yard Boy Big Dog

I agree, kneel down beside em, makes it a lil easier on the dog. Dominance issue I guess you can say? (lol) Overall....It's hard to see from this angle, but in my opinion...The dog will do fine!

3. Yard Boy

Yard Boy Big Dog

NCMommy....Did you say that boy doesn't have papers? IF he DOES...Maybe you should consider gettin him UKC'd and spank some ass there real quick while you are in "down time" waiting ADBA or AADR events.

To clarify what I meant above...I meant that WITH ME....My boy tends to look up at me if I stack him as you have and doesn't distribute his weight evenly. So I kneel beside him and stack em. Then adjust his head so he holds it higher a lil more cocky so to speak. Let his tail drop. Ya wanna see a "pumphandle". If he tucks for some reason (new to this training/feeling uneasy/etc), scratch his belly while he is in "stack" and the gently reach around to grab his tail to pick it up as you have then let it drop. May take a few times, but he will soon relax and hold his tail as you want to see it. Then give him some more scratchin as you praise him. When you walk him or out and about and he's on lead...Stack him here and there and practice giving him a command. I use stack as my command as I correct and position where I wish to have my dog. Practice and try to get another picture more down on his level. THEN you can look at your pics and see where YOU need to adjust him. Then it's all memory on yer part. Like I said...I'm no pro! But we show on 3 registries across the south east and so far for 2008...We placed 12 for 13 sanctioned point events in which we have shown in. So just trust in yourself, yer dog will trust in you. Have fun place or not ! ! !

4. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

Thanks for all the advise guys!
    I'm having some trouble with my hip (arthritis I think...its been miserable the last few days since the weather has got really cold) so I couldn't stoop down next to him. And my mom was taking the picture and didn't know to kneel down to his level lol
    Yard_Dog he isn't registered so I can't get him UKC. I sooo wish I could though.
    Thanks again y'all!

5. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Hey, if you want to do UKC (Or AKC) sports, you can have him limited-registered. :)

good luck with whatever you choose to do.

6. Yard Boy

Yard Boy Big Dog

Thanks GSD! That was my next step!

7. shadowwolf

shadowwolf Big Dog

Limited registered dogs, in UKC & AKC, cannot be shown in conformation and absolutely must be altered.

8. Yard Boy

Yard Boy Big Dog

Thank you Shadowwolf, but I'm confused. Is that not the purpose of the LP in any registry? To allow ALTERED/UNKNOWNS to compete in conformation against other LP's? In no way was I saying that the dog can be LP and show with a registered dog. But then again, what do I know as all my stock is registered and I have none that are LP. So I could be mistaken as to IF they can or can not compete. Care to shed some more light on this area? It's still a lil new to me, and honestly I know very little about LP as I have no need to know the ins and outs. But NOW I am curious! (smile)

Anyone here have an LP and compete? If so, please chime in and shed some light.

9. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

This is my understanding:
    In UKC/AKC a limited registered dog can compete in all events except conformation.

In ADBA, a limited registered dog can compete in fun events, like judges choice, but not weight pull. An altered dog that is registered with ADBA can compete in wp. I don't really get the point of getting an LP in ADBA since you can enter fun events without it anyway.:confused:

10. Yard Boy

Yard Boy Big Dog

(lol) Then why even bother DONATING the fees to LP a dog that can't have equal access? If that be the case, it really is pointless to LP as even UKC has fun shows so to speak. The are called/reffered to as NLC (Non Licensed Classes) where no points are awarded. A practice as ADBA's fun shows.

11. Yard Boy

Yard Boy Big Dog

UKC Limited Privilege Registration is offered by UKC to encourage all dog owners to be active and enjoy time with their dogs. This program accepts Mix Bred dogs (also known as American Mixed Bred dogs, or AMB), purebred dogs of unknown or incomplete pedigrees, purebred dogs registered with registries the UKC does not acknowledge, and purebred dogs with disqualifying faults. Dogs enrolled in the LP Program must be spayed or neutered and, if accepted, are eligible to compete in obedience, agility, weight pull, dock jumping, dog sports, hunting programs, and terrier races; however, they are not eligible for conformation events.

Documents necessary for Limited Privilege Registration are as follows:

1) Completed Limited Privilege Registration Application,

2) Proof that the dog is spayed or neutered, signed by a Veterinarian,

3) Fee of $30.00

4) (Optional) if you wish to have the dog identified as a specific breed, two color photographs (3 inches x 3 inches minimum) of the dog, one standing in profile and the other a close up of the dog's head must be submitted so that the dog can be compared to the given breed standard.

www.ukcdogs.com

12. Yard Boy

Yard Boy Big Dog

This program has been set up for owners of purebred ‘unregisterable’ American Pit Bull Terriers, that are spayed or neutered. This program will allow dogs with LPP status to enter fun classes at all ADBSI sanctioned shows. This includes junior handler classes and fun classes such as judges choice, best brindle, best red/red nose, best blue or any other fun classes held by a club at an ADBSI sanctioned show. A dog with LPP status is verified as a purebred American Pit Bull Terrier as is reasonably possible using visual inspection.
    The Limited Performance Program gives purebred but unregisterable American Pit Bull Terriers a ‘second chance’ to compete along side their owner in fun events at ASBSI sanctioned shows. There are various reasons why a purebred APBT might not be eligible for registration with the American Dog Breeders Association Inc. This might include, the dog is a member of an unregistered litter, where one parents or both parents were not registered. A registered pup might have been sold for less money to a pet owner with registration papers retained by the breeder. Sometimes paperwork has been lost, and the original breeder is unable to be contacted to verify parentage for any number of reasons. Some dogs have been adopted from animal control shelters, the SPCA or various rescue groups, spayed and neutered and placed into homes with responsible owners. If this sound like your dog, then this Limited Performance Program is for you.
    Once your dog has been accepted for LPP status an identification card will be issued showing a photo of your dog, a LPP number and ownership information. This identification card will allow participation and fun events at ADBSI sanctioned shows, as well as identification and proof of ownership for your dog.
    The fraternity of American Pit Bull Terrier owners and ADBA Sanctioned clubs welcomes responsible owners of LPP status dogs at ADBA Sanctioned shows to participate and become involved.
    How to apply for LPP status with the American Dog Breeders Association Inc.
    1. Complete an application for LPP status.
    2. Enclose two color photos of your dog. One photo showing the dog from the side, in standing position. One photo showing a full view of the dog from the front (standing or sitting) showing the entire head and feet of the dog. A photo will be used for the ID card, so send the highest quality photo possible.
    3. Spayed or neutered verification from a veterinarian.
    4. $25.00 application fee.
    Mail to the American Dog Breeders Association Inc. P.O. Box 1771, Salt Lake City, Utah 84110
    After review of your application, if your dog is deemed to be ineligible for LLP status, the $25.00 fee will be returned, minus a $5.00 processing and handling fee.
    Enrollment in the Limited Performance Program is not to be misunderstood an as alternate form of registration with the American Dog Breeders Association. This program is for sexually altered American Pit Bull Terriers to allow them to participate in fun events at ADBSI sanctioned shows. The American Dog Breeders Association Inc. reserves the right to cancel a dogs LPP status at any time for cause.

www.adbadog.com

13. Yard Boy

Yard Boy Big Dog

Purebred Alternative Listing/Indefinite Listing Privilege
    Giving all purebred dogs a chance to compete

</STRONG>Note: A fee of $10 was instituted, effective January 1, 2003, for Purebred Alternative Listing/Indefinite Listing Privilege transfers or duplicate certificates. For more information contact PAL@akc.org.

The AKC, PAL/ILP and You
    Many people have discovered the fun of teaming up with their dogs and competing in AKC Events. But, not all of those wonderful canine athletes that you see at these events are registered with the AKC. Some might be enrolled in the AKC's Purebred Alternative Listing/Indefinite Listing Privilege (PAL/ILP), a program that allows unregistered dogs of registrable breeds to compete in AKC Performance and Companion Events, also 41 specific breeds in the FSS® Program that are eligible for Companion Events.

If you have a purebred dog that cannot be registered with the AKC and have a desire to see what your dog can do in real competition, a PAL/ILP number is your ticket to the world of AKC events and clubs!

Purebred Alternative Listing/Indefinite Listing Privilege (PAL/ILP): The program that provides purebred dogs a second chance.
    There are various reasons why a purebred dog might not be eligible for registration. The dog may be the product of an unregistered litter, or have unregistered parents. The dog's papers may have been withheld by its breeder or lost by its owner. Sometimes, it is the dog itself that was "lost." There are many dogs enrolled in the PAL/ILP program after they have been surrendered or abandoned, then adopted by new owners from animal shelters or purebred rescue groups. The PAL/ILP program allows the dog and owner a second chance at discovering the rewards of participating in AKC events.

What AKC events may a PAL/ILP dog Participate in?
    The Purebred Alternative Listing Program/Indefinite Listing Privilege (PAL/ILP) is designed to allow dogs to participate in AKC Companion and Performance Events. The AKC Events that a PAL/ILP dog can participate in are:
    • Agility Trials (All Breeds)
    • Earthdog Trials (Small Terriers and Dachshunds)
    • Herding Tests and Trials ( Herding Breeds, Rottweilers and Samoyeds)
    • Hunt Tests (Most Sporting Breeds and Standard Poodles)
    • Junior Showmanship (All Breeds)
    • Lure Coursing (Sighthounds)
    • Obedience Trials (All Breeds)
    • Rally Trials (All Breeds)
    • Tracking Tests (All Breeds)
    Once enrolled in the PAL/ILP program, entering AKC events is as easy as with a registrable dog. The only difference is that instead of an AKC registration number, you would list the dog's PAL/ILP number on the Entry form.

How can you apply for a PAL/ILP number?
    Applications for enrollment into the Purebred Alternative Listing/Indefinite Listing Privilege can be downloaded or by emailing PAL@akc.org. When requesting a form via email please include your name and current mailing address. Remember, PAL/ILP numbers can only be issused to AKC registrable breeds.

The following must be submitted with a completed PAL/ILP application:
    • Two recent and clear color photographs of the dog;
      • one full front view showing the facial characteristics of the dog;
      • one view showing the full side profile of the dog standing on a flat surface (not grass).
      (ALL PHOTOS SHOULD BE TAKEN AT EYE LEVEL IN A STANDING POSITION,
      INCLUDE THE WHOLE DOG IN THE PHOTO. DO NOT SHOOT DOWN ON THE DOG.)

• Proof from a veterinarian that the dog has been spayed/neutered.
    • A non-refundable $35.00 application fee.
    Once compiled, the completed PAL/ILP application along with the items listed above should be mailed to:
    The American Kennel Club/PAL/ILP
    PO Box 900059
    Raleigh, NC 27675-9059​
    Enrollment in the Purebred Alternative Listing/Indefinite Listing Privilege program is not to be construed as an alternative form of registration, but rather, as a listing so that dogs who are ineligible for AKC registration may participate in AKC Companion and Performance Events. A PAL/ILP may be cancelled for cause.

www.akc.org

14. Yard Boy

Yard Boy Big Dog

Doesn't that just beat all????? :confused:

15. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

I've never needed to provide papers for any dog I've shown in ADBA fun classes. Just hand over the $$$ and write the dog's name down.

I would hope AADR doesn't let dogs of unknown lineage compete against pedigreed dogs for points, thats just not right. I have had some very nice unpapered dogs but would never think of competing with them. Just because they look and act 100% APBT doesn't mean they are.

16. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

They are allowing it until the end of the year. Dogs of unknown lineage can be registered and compete in all events. The new owner (Andrea) said she is only allowing it through the end of the year since the old owner allowed it she couldn't just step in and say no more, she had to give notice and time.