1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Critique my male

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by nc_pitbullmommy, Nov 16, 2008.

1. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

Hi guys I was wondering if those of you that show could tell me what you think about my male. I am hoping to show him the upcoming show year and just curious how you all think he will do.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

Hey Kia its nick. But who is this male off of. He looks good to me and you shouldnt have no problem showing him what does he weigh?

3. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

He's a good looking boy! Good luck with Him :)

4. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

You can't really judge him based on those photos. He needs to be stacked properly to get a look at his build. But, from what I can see, he is a nice looking dog and is at a good healthy weight if you plan to condition him. How old is he?

5. Pit Bull Pride

Pit Bull Pride Big Dog

What registry are you showing under?
    Also, he looks great from what I can see, but like GSD said, it'd be better to seea pic of him stacked to see how he looks conformation wise....:)

6. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

I'm not going to say I know his bloodline, etc because I don't LOL
    He was found wandering the road in SC by a non APBT breeder and I took him because he was about to go to the shelter (high kill rate). They have no clue where he was from, posted fliers and asked around but nobody claimed him.
    He is the absolute sweetest dog I've been around in a while. He loves people, kids. Is good with other dogs and even tolerates the three annoying Doberman puppies I have. He stays in the house and is house trained. Which I think is very odd for an intact male.
    I am AADR registering him and I'm going to show him through there and maybe APBA.

7. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Can you AADR register a dog with an unknown background? I know you can do a limited registration with the UKC and AKC, but he'd have to be neutered.

8. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

Yes I contacted the AADR and asked. The reply I got was that through the end of the year they are doing a "foundation certificate". It allows you to compete in conformation, etc. but it has on the certificate that the dog is from unknown lineage.

9. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Thanks. Wasn't sure. Pretty cool, now I can compete with the rescues. Quick question- did they mention if the dogs still had to be intact to be registered?

10. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

No they didn't.
    But I guess if they are going to be able to be shown and get conformation points they couldn't be altered.

11. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

That is kind of odd. I am not sure how I feel about that.

As for the OP, he looks good. I am not sure how well conformed he is though, I'm just a newbie to that.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2008
  12. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

Only reason AADR is doing that is so they can have more dogs enter shows which means more money.

13. Southerncharm

Southerncharm Big Dog

I believe he's a very nice looking dog. ;)

14. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Can you take some more pictures of him? The only minor things I can see from the pics you posted are a bad crop and a high tailset. Possibly a straight stifle, but it's difficult to tell because in some pics the way he's standing makes it look fine, in others it looks straight. No real glaring faults, and as was said, he's already in nice shape. :)

15. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I was told by the President of the AADR club in Florida that this isn't true. That she had a meeting with the new owner of the AADR, and she said that they will not be registering dog's from unknown lineages. I am still waiting for the actually owner's reply though. When I get it, I'll let you all know.

16. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

This is the email reply I got: "Hello, Through the end of this year we are accepting dogs for our "foundation certificate". You will get a certificate of ownership that will allow you to compete in our events, but it shows that the dog's lineage is unknown. You can download our single registration form from our website and fill out what you know about your dog and send it in. The fee for this certificate is $15. Thanks, Andrea "

Even if he isn't a known lineage he is the best dog I've got here bar none. I couldn't ask for a more loyal, obedient, fun dog.
    I hope to work with him some more and eventually get his CGC and if I can find one close enough his TT.

17. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Yeah, I just got this response from her as well. They aren't starting it, just phasing it out.

"Well, yes and no. It's not that I am now accepting it, it is that the previous owner DID accept it. I am ending it the first of the year. I couldn't come in half way through this year and just change policies over night, so I am just offering a foundation certificate that shows the lineage is unknown. The paperwork is different with a diff type reg # so that there is no confusion.
    It was the only real way to phase it out, since it had been allowed from before I took over. But as of January 1st, 2009 EVERYONE will need proof of lineage from another acceptable registry. The only acception to that will be our "participation certficate" for weight pull, which allows all breeds to pull. But we will not be registering all breeds, just allowing them to come play on the weight pull track with us :-) The majority of our weight pullers had suggested this for a few years, and it worked out well at our Nationals. They had a blast!

Andrea"

I just asked her in the need to be fixed. I'll let you know what she says.

Thank you, also, NCM, for clearing that up as well.

18. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

I will try to get someone to take some pictures while I stack him...it will be a a few days though.
    Someone asked his weight. I would say 60 lbs approx.

19. Yard Boy

Yard Boy Big Dog

Kia I agree! I am NO pro...BUT I do offer myy HONEST opinion and 1 simple rule of advice when showing your dog. He APPEARS to be a lil' straight in the rear. BUT...Presentation is everything. YOU will have to first get an idea as to how the Judge you show under wants to see the dogs he/she examines. I am sure that all show folks here will gladly ramble off names of Judges who they will or won't show under and their reasons. Me personally...I do not keep track of anything other than the shows we plan or try to attend.

My advice is to enetr the ring lower on the ladder. I mean don't be so anxious to enetr, fall in line somewhere so you can see how the Judge reacts to a dog being handled, what he prefers to see or intentionally aims to see. I mean some Judges want to see a dog standing (free-stack) on it's own. Some Judges wish you to present them how they are to be examined. Some Judges will flat out take your perfectly stacked dog and stack it how they wish to examine it. So keen eye and attention to what is goin on in the ring is key. Then, YOU relax and show that dog to the best of what you comprehended and examined in that Judge. In the end...The Judge will pick what they like regardless!

There has been times that people knock us cause Spinner is sooo quiet and mannered in the ring, yet shocked to see him get testy and fire off. We dictate his behaviour to what we feel and observe in the Judges body language. When we aren't sure, we allow the dog (in general) act out yet when the Judge gets to us to examine, it's business and the dog is ordered to get right.

We do ADBA, AADR and UKC...And that is the best I can offer for you as far as "Do I think he will do well in show".

Maybe Gineve can assit you here a lil better. A newbie to showing APBT. She posted her dog asked for the same critique and was discouraged as if her dog won't ever make the cut. I gave her the same advice and she placed 2nd at NATIONALS! So bottom line is this....Presentation and then Judges likes !!!

I will have to figure out how to post pics here (unless someone is polite enough to give me the shortcut shorthand) of a female I had that looked like your boy in that 1st picture. Good luck with that handsome boy!

20. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

Here are two pictures I just took. He isn't stacked that great but hope you can see his shape. He looks a lot better in person I think. He looks kind of awkward in the picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]