1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Court confirms dog ban

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by Marty, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

Brisbane,Queensland, Australia -- A GROUP of American pitbull terrier enthusiasts have lost their legal challenge to a Gold Coast City Council ban on the dog breed.

The Queensland American Pitbull Terrier Rescue Association Inc had its case thrown out of court yesterday after magistrate Ron Kilner became infuriated with its confused legal argument.

The association, represented by dog breeder Andrew Richards, argued the council's ban on pitbulls should be overturned.

But Mr Kilner said Mr Richard's submissions were "absolute, complete and utter rubbish". "You are insulting my intelligence," Mr Kilner told him. "I don't like to be rude to you, but this is just garbage."

Mr Kilner ruled in favour of the council.

2. christysdogs

christysdogs Banned

it's sad but it does happen its coming here to ontario in only a couple weeks from now.....
    it in to the third reading and it dosent look good now there are 77 yays and only 15 nays...

3. JEEP

JEEP Big Dog

why is everything happening everywhere except for Minnesota... theres never no news about dogs or things happening to dogs here in Minnesota... i think all you dog lovers have to move up here to Minnesota and chill with me, lol...

4. dhcrew

dhcrew Big Dog

so far in AZ i dont have any laws either. AZ has some strict animal neglect and cruelty laws though and they enforce the leash laws. if you know you have a dog that is potentially dangerous, you are required to put up warning signs. that is all the protection you need besides following the laws.

5. JEEP

JEEP Big Dog

yea same thing here too.. leashes signs and thats about it... nothing much basically what you call land of the free...

6. 5555

5555 Pup

we have an aggressive animal law here, and pitbulls are on the list. but u never here of pitbull attacks, the only time u here about anyone getting bite by a dog around here is the farrel dogs that run amuck. but even then u really dont here about much. the good thing about my county is alot of the vets around here own or have owned pitbulls and have a good clear understanding of them. they know all about how they if givin a chance will get into it with other dogs and 20 minutes later will be playing in the back yard with little kids and have no aggression towards them. and if u have a yard accident the wont give u a hard time either, they just tell u to bring in both dogs. pretty low stress when it comes to keeping a pitbull, one vet even stops over and does rabbies shots for me at cost. basically if everyone takes care of their dogs PROPERLY (clean chain spaces, good protective doghouses, clean water, decent food, and a decent chain set up that isnt ridiculasly too big for the dog) no one will bother u about your dogs here. but nieghbors can be a problem i had a nieghbor come and take a leash off one of my dogs about 6-7 years ago and let it run free, i had to pick it up from the pound, the next day it had to go to the vets for parvo (1300 and 2 weeks at the vets to cure) and then about a week later a nieghbor kid came and got the dog to take him for a walk (no one was home) and the dog got loose from the kid and got hit by a car. the little nieghbor kids family paid for all the animal er bills and all. now an 8ft tall pvc fence keeps the nieghbors and their kids out of our backyard, but we still let the nieghbor kids play with the dogs but only when we are home and WE are holding onto the leash. but no matter what ever u do with your dogs as long as u take proper care of them and have a privacy fence to keep kids and nieghbors out of your yard u really shouldnt have any problems with people taking your animals.