1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

cottingham or redboy

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by buk, Apr 20, 2010.

1. buk

buk Big Dog

what would you say is the better strain of redboy dogs out of the 2 and your reasons why.i know both lines are producers of good dogs but a couple of friends say if you are with the right peole the cottingham dogs are the dogs to go for.any sugeestions and views welcome

thanks

2. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

cottingham dogs are better hunters, redboy dogs bring it til the end.
    like your friend said it really just depends where you get the dog.
    its not the bloodline but the dogmen behind the blood as the oldtimers like to say

3. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

house anyone used an rb outcross with cottingham dogs?

4. buk

buk Big Dog

cheers what cottingham dogs are roducing the good dogs then

5. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Im not sure about your question but in my opinion the Redboy bloods best if you bring the familys together..and not just focus on one strain..JMO though

6. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

i would have to go with redboy also...

7. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Hold up im confused doesnt Cottingham breed use Redboy blood? if so then are you asking is Cottinghams Redboy blood better then lets say for example pit stop kennels blood?:confused:

8. buk

buk Big Dog

what im saying is both boomer and cottingham are different strains of redboy blood.if you go down from redboy you will see cottinham dogs that go back to redboy and you will see boomer dogs that go back to redboy also.

my question is what is the better out of the 2 strains

9. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

to answer your question no. the man behind the dogs is the biggest factors. example two guys in the same town have the same stock. one guy is a dogman the other is a dipshit. same blood two different results.

10. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

u got a good answer from bxpits. Depends on what you are looking for.

11. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I think the main difference is Medlins Outlaw. Both are great strains and cross well with a lot of other strains. Most of the opinions you get will very from one individual to another based on what they're personal experiences are.

david63 likes this.
  12. Boy-boy 416

Boy-boy 416 Big Dog

im into the boomer stuff only cause it works for me and cause i have some boomer/tab3 pups on the ground rite now but all in all i think ben brocktons comment about the dogman and the dipshit hit the nail on the head ........AMEN BROTHER Lol:D

david63 likes this.
  13. AVON

AVON Banned

this is my cross and he turned out damn good for me. ped #349231

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2010
  14. buk

buk Big Dog

ok thanks ill bare this in mind

15. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i envisioned it the other way around but that is still interesting to see. do u have pics if you dont mind me asking

16. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

BXPITS you think Cottingham dogs are better then dogs off of Boomer?

I dont know because i dont have any experience with Cottingham stock but i like Boomer stuff alot..

17. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

whichever one you pick is the better one! ;)

david63 likes this.
  18. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

like i said in post #5 i think on Average the Redboy blood is at its best when you bring all the strains together..my opinions the same one Eli blood

david63 likes this.
  19. preme

preme CH Dog

dito more importANT who s behind them

20. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

a buddy of mine has 2 ch's a 2xw and two 1xw sitting on the yard all off this dog
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=329692

i think i can say i have seen the blood work a bit but i also have to say my buddy is a true dogman and he is 50% of the reason for his success the other 50% is the dogs.

i have seen a few really good boomer dogs and saw 2 lose DG so both strains are good

david63 likes this.