1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Considering a new pup, opinions please

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by JoeFeezy, Nov 14, 2007.

1. JoeFeezy

JoeFeezy Big Dog

I found a kennel a few hours from me that has eli/bullyson bred dogs. i am considering a pup from this kennel. I would like a couple opinions of the pedigree of the pup i am considering. I plan on buying second pick female. I know it looks good on paper but i would like to know how it works and everyones opinion on it.

<a href="http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=242035">puppy prospect pedigree</a>

2. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

do you know about the breeder of the sire? What has your research told you about him?

3. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I know many serious breeders & fanciers of the Eli line consider Tightline blood a joke ...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2007
  4. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

It could end up being a good dog. Everyone produces good and not so good dogs.I'm not sure where Wills Point is but there are some good Eli dogs in Texas just gotta know where to find them.

5. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Because of the tightline blood in the line i can't say i would give it serious thought. but thats just me.

6. fitzpit

fitzpit Big Dog

can i get some info on tightline? whats wrong with it?

7. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

from what i've heard they are nothing more than pets, never proven worthy of being bred, doesn't mean they won't throw good ones every once in a while however for the most part they are not throwing bulldogs, just pretty dogs

8. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

one might ask fizpit.... what are you loooking for in a dog?

9. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

This is what I know about Tightline - the kennel is run buy a man named C. Otwell. He started out w/ some no name dogs, but later he bought several well bred dogs from Mr. B., one of them being Tightline, after whom his current kennel is now named. For the most part, Mr. Otwell has never tested his dogs in any way, shape or fashion in any arena whatsoever. The only thing he has done is to see how many puppies Tightline could put out. Now granted, the Tightline dogs can indeed put out a few good dogs b/c of the blood behind them (Mr. B's) but Tightline kennels & their dogs are not considered a line of choice b/c they've not been worked, only bred. There are kennels who have dogs bred just as well who have proven themselves worthy of being bred & most Eli fanciers go to the reputable breeders who are working their stock & leave the Tightline dogs to the newbs & pet bull owners.

This is all I know. I hope it helps.

jman11 likes this.
  10. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

check out flash fire kennels. got some good workin eli's. none of that pet b.s. they are in FL though. got some good stuff other than eli too. their eli stuff has a slight out with clemmon's stuff, but that ain't a bad thing.

11. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

I have a dog from that kennel. Great people, will awnser all you questions.

12. apbtluver

apbtluver Top Dog

Check you PM for a kennel I would recommend. They are wonderful people, they DNA test, their dogs are not paper hung (unlike some others), they don't breed pups (unlike some others), basically they are just an overall great kennel.

13. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Could you please send me that pm also. Tatonka and C.S.P are also great kennels.

14. apbtluver

apbtluver Top Dog

Yes I agree and having gone to Tatonka's yard and knowing CSP I can tell you that they both take wonderful care of their dogs and would be great choices for someone looking for a new addition.

15. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

16. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

17. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

JMO here, but why is there a need for such an antagonistic statement? just send ABK a pm man.

18. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

I deleted my posts, because I came to my senses and realize it is'nt worth arguing about..People can do what the hell they want...

19. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

I havent posted in a while but I see its still the same ol shit. LOL

The breeding looks like a paper breeding to me and I wouldnt expect a well rounded performance dog by looking at the pedigree alone.

20. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

two things, you're missing the point and i don't have feelings.