1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

conformation

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by Brayden, Nov 8, 2005.

1. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

***no need for that***

2. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

you need to find some new literature to read....

3. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

OMG that is hilarious!

4. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Boy do I have a staff for Ms. Jessup....my Lilly (Daddy a UKC show dog champ)LUVS to MIX IT UP, she in it for the long haul too I'm sure, and my game bred APBT doesn't give a rats a** if any dog runs up on him, however he would be more than happy to finish anything another starts. An his momma and daddy are as game bred as they come. So based on my experience, it really is all in the dog, IMHO.

5. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Well, it seems that you have been misinformed. If you breed dog aggression out of these dogs, you are not breeding an APBT. Amstaff maybe. It is like breeding retreiving out of a retriever. Make sense?

6. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

If I had "stuck to everything I've read" about APBTs, well, let's just say I wouldn't have learned so much and I wouldn't have given my dogs the chance to teach me. Good reason to hang around this place - knowlege lies behind many of those usernames. I see that every day.

7. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

Yes, D.J. contradicts herself way too much, and will bitch at someone for doing the same things she does. The list goes on.
    Like her Chain dog lecture. She will cuss you out for chaining your dogs, yet she chains her own dogs.
    She also claims she is against fighting, but she co-wrote a book with Colby, ABOUT fighting!!!

8. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

well tecnically the book wasnt about "fighting" persay..t was about the heritage of the Colby bloodline... and she did comment that she was against fighting when she helped write the book...

9. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

I meant to say it was about fighting dogs, my mistake.

10. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Ya know it is ashame about DJ, because she has the notariety to be a strong voice for the salvation of our breeds, she just needs to get a solid set of messages and STICK to them....she is in a position to be our advocate if she would just learn the fundamentals of a solid straight line marketing strategy!!!!!!:(

11. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

Well Said Mydawgs

12. DEADGAME14

DEADGAME14 Big Dog

uh oh here we go again!!!WHEN WILL IT EVER END???????????

13. DEADGAME14

DEADGAME14 Big Dog

Diane Jessup (a person who I and a lot of other APBT people respect) has a great run down of the history and many other things:
    http://www.workingpitbull.com/[/QUOTE] DEADGAME14 <<< POOPS ON JESSUPS HEAD!

14. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Again, show some respect fellas. I dislike D.J.'s actions as much as the next guy, but name-calling and acting like children isnt what the breed needs right now. Welcome Brayden, I think there are a few UKC showers on here (at least a few with UKC dogs) but most of us prefer the ADBA standard ;)

Marty likes this.
  15. Marty

Marty Guest

Thanks 14rock reps to you ;)

16. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

Sorry if I was out of line fellas, Just have strong feelings about this so called "expert" of our breed.

17. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

No big deal Naughty North, we all get riled up every now and then.;)

18. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

Thanks Bro.......