1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

conformation

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by Brayden, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Brayden

Brayden Pup

Was wondering if anyone showed their dogs in UKC conformation? I do well did, Bam is a UKC Gr. Ch. now and he is selectively shown now. But was just wondering, seems like most of you show ADBA style APBTs.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2005
  2. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

yamon... ;)

3. Brayden

Brayden Pup

Not that I have nething against ADBA, just not my cup of tea hehe. I like my UKC APBTs in general. But have been to watch a couple ADBA shows.

4. The Watcher

great cause ur on a Game-Dog site which doeasnt NECESSARALY aply to the UKC... ;)

5. Brayden

Brayden Pup

lol ya well I love the breed in general so ya. Though I might have a few diff. opinions than some of you (as I have found by reading some of the posts on here and such) but everyone is intitled to their own opinion hehehe.

I am willing to learn and such. Heck I have only had the breed for a little over 2 years (Bam was my first, Capone my second but he was neutered at 8 months because he hated the ring and he is now 1 1/2 years and he is VERY dog aggressive, to the point where I have 6 other dogs living in my house so he lives out in our indoor/outdoor kennels, a/c and heat in there lol. So was a good thing we got him neutered anyways. And I also have an APBT/chesapeake bay retriever mix, along with 4 other dogs lol).

*~!Ashelee!~*

6. The Watcher

WELCOME. ......

7. Brayden

Brayden Pup

hehe, thank you. Seems like a really nice community. I belong to several animal forums but none that are breed specific or anything, so glad that I found this one.

*~!Ashelee!~*

8. bam-bam's mom

bam-bam's mom Big Dog

you gotta have skin as thick as your dog around here at first, but all in all these guys/gals are great!!!

9. pitbulllvr25

pitbulllvr25 Big Dog

LOL..as thick as your dog? More like a brick wall...lol and nerves of steel..lol j/k

I kinda just stay out of the way and try not to get caught in the crossfire :p ... LOL

10. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Are you saying it is a good thing that he is neutered because he is dog aggressive?

11. Brayden

Brayden Pup

lol, dont worry, i got pretty thick skin.

and to a point yes, because he doesnt have a very stable temperment, and I personally would not want to breed that. But there are other reasons, for one he doesnt have any titles that would make him worthy or being bred (he has herding titles but only the first ones and he isnt going any further because I am no longer doing herding with him because I cant trust him off leash with so many dogs around). He doesnt have conformation titles because he HATES the show ring, and he doesnt have working titles because for one he doesnt like weight pull and two I dont trust him enough to have him off leash around other dogs because his dog aggression is so bad (and yes he was WELL socialized when a pup, but nothing would have helped him really). And yes I know it is part of the breed, but honestly I dont think it has to be, and I have a purebred APBT that shows NO signs of dog aggression and is a little over 2 years now. Since in general they werent meant to be dog aggressive (since they were bull-baiters and worked together at times) and then were bred to fight...etc. etc.

*~!Ashelee!~*

12. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

ummmm... no, the APBT was specifically breed and refined to be otehr dog aggressive

BULLDOGS werent..but the APBT was

13. Brayden

Brayden Pup

um, APBTs are decendants from the "original" bulldogs, they had a little terrier blood bred into them when bullbaiting was banned in england. pit fights took the place of bullbaiting.

But again the APBT history isnt for sure and no one really knows the true facts. But I have read many many things about APBTs and their history. Diane Jessup (a person who I and a lot of other APBT people respect) has a great run down of the history and many other things:
    http://www.workingpitbull.com/

14. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

Uh, Oh...a Jessup fan.:D
    We all know the history on the APBT hun. APBTs were bred for ANIMAL agression, which was later focused on dog aggression. The reason your other purebred APBT isn't dog aggressive is because he probably has his ped full of show lines, and your fixed one may have a little more game lines, or game lines closer up in the ped. The only APBTs that AREN'T dog aggressive are most likely Staffs or Show line APBTs. (also staffs)

15. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

even then, animal aggression is found through all breeds of dogs. IT is not APBT specific..

16. Brayden

Brayden Pup

ok, well sorry but I will stick with what I have read and such. And yes Bam is a conformation dog mainly, I also do french ring and the like with him also. But ya, neways I am a Jessup fan.

*~!Ashelee!~*

17. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

***no need for that***

18. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

Lmao.........

19. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Yeah, bulldogs were bred for bull baiting but American PIT Bull Terriers were bred for the pit. You know, fighting other dogs. Therefore, there is a big difference between the bull baiting bull dogs and the pit dogs (APBT). That is a fact. Just because they share the common ancestry, it doesn't make them the same breed.

20. The Watcher

say it again!!!!!!!!!!!