1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

conditioning

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by pitbull_24, Sep 3, 2011.

1. jacko

jacko CH Dog

2. mfern004

mfern004 Big Dog

Nothing wrong with keeping your dog in shape year-round, but "in shape" is different than "peaked". Its very hard and I would imagine unhealthy for the dog to stay in peak condition for extended periods of time. Ask bodybuilders lol.

3. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

The dog laying down in that last picture was the same weight she was in the other pics. It depended on how she was positioned. But imo that is still not emaciated.

4. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

Lol its ok, it was amusing anyway.. But I thought backbone and rib were ok as long as there's no hip..

5. well this is just my opinion but ... the dog is cool but for me is too thin i add some weight on him not just cuz he seems thin but because a dog that lives in could wheather needs a complement food that can keep in warm on winter.

6. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

Once it starts cooling down he will get fattened up a little, he'll be inside most of the time anyway, hes not a outdoor dog in the winter, and still sleeps inside in the summer lol

7. First of all - that dog is too young to be put into a conditioned weight. You are not giving that dog enough time to fully develope. That is, from what you described, a lot of stress that you are putting on that little dog. It shows it the pictures. The one where the dog is laying down not only can you see its backbone but I can see its hipbone. Not good that's to much work for that young 17 month old dog. And there is a good chance that you are frying its kindeys.