1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Conditioning pictures of my boy!

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by 215pitts, May 2, 2008.

1. Boze

Boze Top Dog

10 miles a day god bless you thats dedication. thats what owning one of thee dogs does to you it dedicates you

2. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

My wife did 3 miles in the early morning and when I came back from work in the evening, I did 3 miles on the bike than 4 miles of jogging/hand walking for kool down. I figure let try to see how my boy will look in the last 2-3 weeks before the VA show. But as of right now we haven't been working him because we aren't able to make any shows due to $$ issues but have just been hand walking him a few miles.

3. undamineknls

undamineknls Banned

so did they tell you how to improve that for a next show

4. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

going from the pics it seems like a genetics issue that can't be resolved

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2008
  5. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

Yes, frenchie is right. Some OFR dogs will run big and since I was conditioning him with dead weights it bulked him up as well. Both Judges said he was fine but the bulky shoulders killed it.

6. undamineknls

undamineknls Banned

you did a damn good job with him

7. c.knight

c.knight Big Dog

how do u guys have time to walk 10 miles?????

8. Osea

Osea Banned

It only takes two, to two and a half hours to walk 10 miles.

9. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

That is a pretty dramatic improvment in the space of two weeks.

10. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

Dedication! I guarantee you will see it in 2 1/2 weeks with proper feed. If you scroll back to one of my post it will tell you how we did it. Also, you can ask BoiBoi how Rocco looked the week when I started to condition him compare to now ;)

11. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

yea man huge improvement, this right here show's the haters that handwalking is a wonderful tool. If i have time i'll post pics of my mutt after a little over 3 weeks of just handwalking anywhere from 6-10 miles about 4-6 days a week, unbelievable what a difference it makes

12. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Leaving now 6:30pm..... Be back at 9:30pm. :D Dedication is right. Hand Walking does a body good.