1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Conditioning myself

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bullyson, May 12, 2008.

1. masta of game

masta of game Banned

anyone here can dunk ... any ballers in here lol

i also do a lot of heavy lifting . specially for my legs.

2. game_test

game_test Top Dog

i used to be all about heavy lifting and gaining mass, but the fact is it isnt good for you, inside or out, and it isnt athletic at all. i roll with guys that come into our gym that are big but they gas out in 60-90 seconds then its submission time. its the same with sparring, let em punch themselves out, their legs give out then you can pick em apart. it is alot of fun and great practice for the better training partners. dont get me wrong i lift weights but i dont eat excessively, what i do eat is clean, and i train 6 days a week, only 2 of those being lifting weight.

not knocking anyone that trains for size, cause most people dont train for anything, just offering a different point of view on training/conditioning.

3. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

not if they train for cardio too....brock may have some wind.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2008
  4. game_test

game_test Top Dog

what kind of cardio? treadmillls and eliptical machines wont prepare anyone in the least for a good 5 minute roll or sparring session, let alone a 15 minute fight. you need to roll, spar, and circuit train.

as for brock lesnar, he has all day to train and has been for years. he also uses growth hormone and has used roids in the past while a pro wrestler. he will probably still die in his fifties from a heart attack, just like we have seen with other big guys from bodybuilders to pro football players.

not knocking it, just see it for what it is. i dont think it is healthy or athletic to be big and muscle bound, and 99% of people that are dont have any wind at all.

5. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

that is because most big people dont care about rolling on the ground, sport fighting is just that sport where those rules stop street rules start Iam not gonna role on the ground I am gonna dig my thumb in a eye socket with my hands that allow me to pull a 600 lb bar off the floor....but on a serious note I agree most people do not train to be well rounded. MMA is a sport VIARNIS JUJITSU will keep you alive on the street.

6. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

mntman,

Don't kid yourself, most good sport BJJ/Striking/Grappling schools will also prepare you for a real fight to a decent degree. All you have to do is some modifications. One example, in sport MMA today a lot of guys give up their backs too easy which is possible because striking to the back of the head (an instant finisher) is illegal and the gloves make it harder to get the rear naked. When I tought, I ALWAYS taught street scenarios like how to deal w/ biting, eye gouging, hair pulling etc.

Having said that, however, weight training, if you train martial arts (live one like boxing, MT, wrestling, BJJ) will help you, a lot.

Most fights end up on the ground.
    We have a saying, a good big man will always beat a good little man and weights makes you bigger and stronger, no doubt.

7. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

I agree but I have seen guys who fight and been in jail half their lives destroy boxers wrestler BJJ look up Viarnis Jujitsu street fighting combo phillipino stick fighting jujitsu. Cool what did you teach not quizing just eager to learn new stuff I took JKD for a yr or 2.

8. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

I am familiar w/ Viarnis. If you want to learn weapons, specifically stick and knife fighting then the Filipinos' are w/ out a doubt the absolute best! I studied w/ a guy from the PH and I will tell you if he had a knife or a stick...run (or have a gun, lol).

But w. all due respect, their "empty hand" techniques are not that good. Muay Thai and western boxing are the best striking, and BJJ and western wrestling along w/ Judo are better. Seriously, what works in the cage/MMA ring w/ modifications is what works in the street. And conditioning weight training also is important.

I do cardio and live in the weight room and every time I go back to real MMA training I can barely last 5-7 minutes. And it is getting worse as I get older. The kids kick my as@ nowadays although I have not trained in over 2 years (thinking of making one last comeback).

9. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Could you also send me a copy of that workout? I need to get this belly off of me. Its not cool to be fat with fit dogs.. LOL.... HAHA

10. game_test

game_test Top Dog

just eat a diet rich in protein and compex carbs, with low fat and spread it throughout the day to 6 small meals or so. i use the what i can fit in the palms of my hand method for each meal. 2 handfulls. lots of chicken, fish, and rice. protein supps with complex carb supps added. get into a cardio kickboxing class and weight train on top of that.

11. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

sounds like the diet we preached when I worked at e.a.s for 4 yrs...good simple plan. :). Vearnis teaches empty hand and weapons....a stick is everywhere lol. I agree with you all just 4 wks out from my show and getting cranky sorry.....my diet is tough 7 th day with <20 carbs 300 pro and 100 gm fat. Dave Palumbo's cutter diet works like a charm if you can hang.

12. game_test

game_test Top Dog

its cool i know how cranky you guys get when ur getting ready for a show, a good friend of mine used to compete in BB and was a total dick for weeks before, until he got off stage and gorged himself on pizza and beer and gained back 40 pounds in 2 days lol.. same with fighters they get in the mode and dont come out of it till the show is over.

im looking forward to seeing your pics, although not for me i still appreciate anyone that has that much dedication, it says a lot about character.

13. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

We have a saying in competitive BB: If you still have a wife/GG and more than one friend then you didn't train/diet hard enough and you didn't take enough juice, lol.

14. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

I will post pics soon...thanks for being cool guys cause I FEEL LIKE SHIT! I am about 6-7% rt now 197 5 10. 32 levis are falling off me and my arms are still 18, quads hams and calves are sick...veins all over them...I am like GSP at 197.(with wheels)

15. game_test

game_test Top Dog

nice

good work and good luck with the show!

16. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

I just started taking Gracie Barra from a good friend of mine and it is, without a doubt, the most addictive form of MA Ive ever tried. I got my black belt in TKD when I was younger and there is so much wasted movement its not even funny. Ive dabbled in several forms but Im a street fighter since 2nd grade. Ive lost 2 fights in my life and I'd like to think its not all luck. Maybe 2 or 3 of them were, but I can hold my own. Ask TripleJ about my overhand right. He was the bouncer at a club one night when I guy called Bri a cunt and I turned his lights out like he was late on his electric bill. If you can take one and stay awake, you ARE a man of men. Not being cocky, I just know my abilities as Ive seen them over 100 times in real life situations. Broken many, many faces in my day. I have good movement and natural wind and am VERY heavy handed. Damn shame I have a torn ACL or I may have gone somewhere in the sport.

17. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Damn I heard of people tooting thier own horn but damn bro, you got the whole damn ochestra playing for you !

LOL / couldn't resist bro Jk with you.

18. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Watch it Cd, He will break youre FACE. J/K Bullyson rotfl

19. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Serioulsy I have tears rolling down my cheek, that was funny BG !

Sorry DJ that shit right there is funny.

20. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

lots of tough peeps out there thats why I would rather shake and drink a beer with someone and say f-it. But if it hits the fan it is anyones fight for the first 10 seconds. My old instructor is a 5th degree BB in Ve arnis been in over 300 stret fights. I lost a lot of fights but hay I grew up in Queens gimm me a f-in break already lololol