1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Conditioning for a pup

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by Megger, Jan 12, 2010.

1. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

To whoever banned this idiot......Thank You.

2. It's only 2 weeks but I can always reflush permanently.

3. phill

phill Top Dog

1 week away the pup i been working with is looking good hope we can make it to the fla show might be a last minute thing for me

4. 35lb

35lb Pup

I all ways find nice walks one of the best ways to create a good bond between you and the dog, and I dont discourage pulling.

5. phill

phill Top Dog

she's pullin so hard i have to shortin up her walks switched her to the collar instead of the harness even worse ,, gonna keep her on the harness till sat then we'll use the collar till showtime at possum palace

6. It is your pup. Do as you may with it.

7. phill

phill Top Dog

pups condition check CHECK AND DOUBLE CHECK she's right on show condition to the very ounce thanks to the gazette

8. D.Dogg

D.Dogg Big Dog

Be smart and always ask yourself what risks are there for the pup. If something seems like it may hurt it, avoid it.

You can stop that pulling with proper training. You will get some always with a bulldog, however I've got he young dog we have to walk beside me relaxed leash. Then I say go ahead and he goes back to pulling and being a bulldog. LOL

I've never trained one to relax the leash till now. ENJOYABLE!!!!

9. phill

phill Top Dog

i agree alot of dogs from here do that almost their whole life ,, wish i could grasp the pullin and pulling training and rules and have a few pullers i'm pretty sure properlly trained enough they could compete with the best of them out there their all 55 and under and very strong