1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

conditioning and age?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by XXLbully, Feb 8, 2010.

1. XXLbully

XXLbully Big Dog

would you put a 14-15 mo bitch in a keep ?? (swimming, running, flirtpole, springpole, and a little pulling no more than 1/5 of her weight ). i've seen ppl do it, but i was wondering if its not too young for the joints etc... is the dog grown enough at that age? does it make any diff if the dog's a male or a female?
    no? yes, depends on the individual? depends on how i'm gonna work her?
    ps: she already does a bit of running, average 10-15 miles a week, plus the walks.

the dog we're talking about :) pics taken yesterday at the lake
    (its a training collar she has on)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

I would say that is a good age to start working out, just pay close attention to your dog for any signs of soreness or extreme fatigue. And make sure you give the dog alot of rest. But, i think thats a good age to start working out, Good luck JMO

3. XXLbully

XXLbully Big Dog

thank you purepit19. I'll pay attention to signs of overtraining.

4. popper

popper CH Dog

i think its fine also , just use caution and dont over do it.

5. Deniz

Deniz Big Dog

Like the posts above this one already told you. Just work her and watch your dog, adjust where needed.