1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Common Jeep traits

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by SpencerPits, Feb 21, 2005.

1. SpencerPits

SpencerPits Big Dog

I'm wanting to learn more about the common traits of certain bloodlines. Besides gameness, what traits are to be expected out of a tight bred Jeep dog? Or maybe a Jeep/Redboy dog? Or - what traits do yall like about Jeep bred dogs? TIA.

2. JEEP

JEEP Big Dog

jeep/redboy is good, but i prefer a heavy jeep/tab

3. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

why do you prefer a heavy Jeep/Tab dog?

4. dmd66

dmd66 Big Dog

ok tell me about the traits of the jeep/redboy and somebody give us some other traits with just jeep.

5. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

A jeep/Redboy dog can be the total package in some instances.

6. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

With a good Jeep dog, one should expect gameness, mouth, ability, wind, intelligence, and decent %'s in offspring... and if you're lucky, you'll find one that is exceptional in one or all of the above characteristics.

7. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

It depends on what branch of the Jeep line you running. But the norm is usually a well rounded all around good dog that can cross well with most other lines and usually produces on a consistant basis.

8. SpencerPits

SpencerPits Big Dog

Thanks for the replies. Now (not to get anything started), but are there any Jeep traits you don't like? And what traits do you feel are lacking in the Jeep bloodline?

9. dmd66

dmd66 Big Dog

are you talking about jeep or all of the crosses like redboy and the others. jeep him self was a great dog in every way thats why you see his blood so much. thats my thoughts

10. SpencerPits

SpencerPits Big Dog

Well, I'm looking to learn the differences in many of the great bloodlines. In the next year or two, I'd like to take my yard in a more 'game bred' direction, but before I do I'd like to learn a little about the traits of certain bloodlines. Granted, one breeder of pure Jeep bloodline may have dogs that are practically clones of Jeep while another breeder may have pure Jeep lines that they've destroyed. Since this is the Jeep board, I'll ask about pure Jeep in this thread. What do most pure Jeep dogs lack, what blood would you use to get this trait, and why? Thanks!

11. BFKENNEL

BFKENNEL Big Dog

Guys how about jeep x banjo or jeep x carver? What can you say with this cross. Will this croos clicks?

Your opinions please?

Thanks

12. bigbully

bigbully Pup

I have a tight breed Jeep male and that dog is crazy but then so am I so we make a good pair. He will spring pole 30 to 40 min before letting go and most of the time when he lets go its because he is spinning to hard. Right now he is just 8 mo. But I noticed he is a little harder to train then some of my other dogs and that’s not saying he is dumber its just that he is sooo hyper. He love’s to swim and if you take him to the lake you have to watch him close or he will drowned because he will try swimming across the lake. He will hunt like a wild man. Show’s some early signs of dog aggression but if you put them together and not just a dog coming to him on its own he’s fine. I love my jeep---