1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Commerically made springpole.

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by 14rock, Mar 21, 2006.

1. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I found it intresting with a springpole being deemed "devices used to train fighting dogs to lock their jaws" by a bunch of misinformed idiots, that I would find one, commercially made, in a large retail store today. I got fed up with my current feed supplier, so I headed to a new store-to see what they carried. I found my food, and decided since I'd never been there I would browse their selections. I spent a good 30 or so minutes, looking at kongs, mini tires, plush toys, wire brushes, flea and tick baths/collars...anything a normal store that carries dog supplies would have. As I was getting ready to leave a package I had previously missed caught my eye. It was a golden retreiver, hanging from a rope with an elastic cord and spring hmmm this got my suspicion going...I set my dog-food down and picked up the package and examined it.The package read something along the lines of "Spring-loaded, dog-toy tug. Hang it from a tree to keep your dog happy, healthy, and stimulated with this excersise toy!". A springpole, nothing more... I looked some more and found close to 20 of these things, in two diffrent locations. Obviously they were big sellers. The price tag for this flimsy springpole read apprx. $18.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet or not. On one hand I am glad these products are being made available to all breeds-and the stereotype wall of "dog-fighting device" is coming down a bit.

On the other hand, I was PISSED OFF someone could charge close to $20 for something that we all have in our backyards and built much more solid for close to nothing. Oh well, at least someone is profiting of it...sure wish it was me(with a superior product) though :D LOL

I am curious, has anyone else ran across these in stores yet? I almost missed it...looked more like a leash than a springpole. I doubt they are "accepted" enough by the general public to be for sale in say a Walmart yet, but the day just may come!

2. Ja-net

Ja-net Banned

No but you just gave me an idea to make some money in my area thanks 14 Rock.