1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

colorado shows/clubs...mentors???

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by enjoi, Jul 9, 2009.

1. enjoi

enjoi Big Dog

I'm looking for shows in Denver Area Colorado, I can't find the info for the club here called Bulldogs of the Rockies. I want to join, but I don't think they have a website? I also am looking for a mentor, since I want to get into showing and I'm looking for a new pup for my first show dog. Right now I have a pet quality neutered rednose, but he lives with my mom because I have a little sister who refuses to part with him! Haha. I contacted a gentlemen here in the area with an ADBA litter but he turned me away saying I am not experienced enough to own one of his dogs, I accepted what he said but truthfully I did not agree! Also, I recently helped a mutual friend raise a litter of bluenose, but I'm not into the bully style! I love the game breds. I have a springpole and a Red River Curley wood mill and the right gear for a game bred, I want to get involved raising a puppy for showing, conditioning, weight pull... Help?? thanks :)

2. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Are you serious!!!!! Have you been watching the news in Denver???:confused:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4362515/detail.html

Denver News

Denver Allowed To Enforce Pit Bull Ban

District Court Says Ban Is Constitutional

POSTED: 5:30 pm MDT April 8, 2005
    UPDATED: 6:39 pm MDT April 8, 2005

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

DENVER -- The city of Denver will be allowed to enforce its 15-year ban on pit bulls.
    A state law passed last year prohibits cities and counties from singling out certain kinds of dogs, so the city of Denver sued.
    SURVEYDo you agree with Denver's ban on owning pit bulls? Yes.
    No.
    I'm not sure on this one.

Results | Disclaimer | E-Mail

A judge in Denver's District Court on Thursday upheld Denver's law, saying that the state Attorney General's Office failed to provide any new scientific evidence in the field of animal behavior or other new information that would make Denver's ordinance unconstitutional.
    The same judge had also ruled in December that "home rule" gives Denver the right to ban specific breeds of dogs, despite the state law.
    The city said it will start enforcing the pit bull ban on May 9. Pit bull owners have 30 days to remove their dogs from the city, officials said.
    Denver banned pit bulls after the Rev. Wilbur Billingsley was attacked by a pit bull in 1989. He was bitten 70 times and both of his legs were broken.
    The city sued the state in May 2004 after Gov. Bill Owens signed a state law making owners liable for injuries the first time a dog bites. The bill, which also prohibited cities and counties from outlawing specific breeds, followed the fatal mauling of an Elbert County woman by three pit bulls last year.
    The Denver pit bull law prohibits any person from owning, possessing, keeping, exercising control over, maintaining, harboring, or selling a pit bull in the city and county of Denver. The city defines a pit bull as any dog that is an American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, or any dog displaying the majority of physical traits of any one or more of these breeds. Copies of these three official breed standards are available at the Denver Municipal Animal Shelter at 678 South Jason St. in Denver. Call (303) 698-0076 for more information.
    [​IMG]Discuss: Are Pit Bulls Getting Bad Rap?

Previous Stories:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
  3. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

The info for the Bulldogs of the Rockies is on the ADBA website. Here is the contact info for the club
    Sam or Tina (303)618-7667

I just hope you do not live in Denver. The shows are in Golden right out side of Denver.

4. enjoi

enjoi Big Dog

No I live in Westminster. I just meant in the Denver area so it was obvious what part of colorado I live in. Plus, if they banned pit bulls in my city I would move, hands down. Thanks for the contact info =)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2009
  5. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

They have a great club up there Sam and Tina are great people.:D