1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Color Preferences??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Bubba, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Judy

Judy CH Dog

Brindle and white :)

2. i love black ones which is why i think steele is a blessing since i can't explain where he came from color wise out of his immediate lineage... but i also luv reds and their varieties...

3. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

red/rednose, black, brindle and white

4. WWII

WWII Banned

red/rednose, brindle (brown & black ones)

5. natas

natas Big Dog

I love the looks of black and white and brindle.

6. devinben3

devinben3 CH Dog

I love all colors as long as they're good dogs. But i am partial to fawns, buckskins, blks and seals..

7. pejay

pejay Big Dog

red (with black nose), fawn, buckskin, black. can't choose jus one ;)

8. americandream

americandream Top Dog

i like chocolate brindles, blue brindles, reds and blue.

whats all the fuss about wanting a game dog so bad?

gameness is a trait that should be left behind in the evolution of the breed. there is no need for "game"-to the extent that the dog dies trying to win a challenge.

9. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Collor dont mean nothing. but my fav. red red nose. dont mind white markings or a brindle, over the red of course.L.o.l.

10. ste mississippi

ste mississippi Big Dog

I like to much the brindle dark and white, the black and white but i look in the first the conformation.......[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2005
  11. surfercalavera

surfercalavera Big Dog

black, bucksink with black mask, red red nose, and white, thats are my colors

12. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

I would have to say the fawn and white outlined in black is worth looking at if your going off looks. Cow patches with most any color such as brindle, red, black or fawn. White with brindle tic's makes them look like a birddog and people ask what it is and stand there with a dumb look on their face.

13. As for everyone else, color is not first on my list of things to look for.....but speaking of color alone and everything else being "equal" in the litter, I will 9 out of 10 times pick a buckskin or red dog. Again, all signs being equal in the litter, those are my colors. The least desireable color would be black. One reason I prefer lighter coloration is b/c with them, any flea will standout from afar. Conversely, a black dog could have a zillion fleas without a human noticing by sight alone. (Yeah, Yeah, I hear a few of you already thinking that a 'good' flea repelant would do the trick. Well, do not say it, if you want, start a thread about that b/c this is about colors!)

Buckskin and Reds! Oh yeah, Chocolate is nice too! I love chocolate (food).....

14. jasong

jasong Big Dog

Gator Said "You are right people can breed anything they want but because of people doing that meaning irresponsible people we have all the scatter bred man biting mongrels running around causing all the heartburn for us responsible breeders and the dogs we love so I certainly dont believe in breeding for color or looks and I dont think many of us here do."

I would like to see pictures of these blue dogs that are biting everyone. I have seen several pictures of dogs that have bitten people and to my recolection none were blue. The idea that only blue dogs are the ones biting people is just crazy. Show me facks that support these accusations. I realize you didn't say blue dogs but it was in reference to a post about blue dogs. And this goes for everyone talking down on them. Just b/c it something you don't like doesn't make it bad. I have a grame bred blue dog and I love her very much. It wasn't something the breeder planed on it just happen. So please stop bashing them and making false accusations about them unless you have proof to bak up your statement.

15. jasong

jasong Big Dog

My personal preference is brindle and white.

16. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

buckskin with black mask or "dirty" buckskin (color my Hera is)

17. i actually had a female in a litter who had beautiful brindle marking (she literally looked like a tiger) but she was born with a mask and dark ears... if i could find a pit like that again, i'd get it because i was tripping out when i saw her

18. Luigi

Luigi Top Dog

Love 'em all, but partial to brindle, blues, all black, or all white.

Uh oh---she said the "blue" word. ;)

19. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

I love a clean sleek black dog.

absolutely love them, my next dog will probably be black.

20. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

I'VE BEEN LOOKIN FOR THIS COLOR, ITS BEEN SO HARD TO FIND. ITS CALLED GAME.