1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

College Football

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by pit boss, Sep 15, 2012.

1. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Auburn had their destiny in their hands. That loss will resonate. I would not pick them against Alabama, but I have made the mistake a number of times. LOL

I think Louisville really won the weekend. Without the three losses they were on the outside looking in no matter. Even without the Michigan loss OSU still had their play-in game. I also wonder if Michigan had went undefeated and then loss the OSU would they both get it????

I sort of feel for Clemson. I understand they skated by in a few and with only SC left on their schedule, and a so-so VT team, they could finish 11-1 and win their conference. Louisville does not win their conference and is in ahead of the team they lost to all based on the timing of the loss. Could be a tough one to swallow in Death Valley.

Of the schools in the running I like the Louisville-Alabama match up. Alabama's speed and flying to the ball always seems to struggle with a mobile QB who can throw the ball as well. Jackson is as good a combination as there has been in a long time.
    Should be a good matchup.

S

niko likes this.
  2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I think Ohio State would be the team to push Alabama to the edge.They have the talent and speed to match Alabama .jmo.I think Ohio State gets in ,I don't believe Michigan can beat them.Not this year.

niko likes this.
  3. niko

niko CH Dog

What a great week of college football!
    It's just gonna make thing more interesting....my favorite is still Bama the matchup with Louisville should be a good one

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

After last night , Louisville is out.Arguably best QB in college football will not see the playoffs.

5. slim12

Agreed. And I did not see that coming. I watched Houston a couple of times this year and they may be a year away from contending.

This will really sting for Louisville as I believe they were in with a win because Mic-OSU will eliminate each other.

I had it all figured out until they played the game. LOL

S

bamaman likes this.
  6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

[QUOTslim12, post: 757345, member: 3011"]Agreed. And I did not see that coming. I watched Houston a couple of times this year and they may be a year away from contending.

This will really sting for Louisville as I believe they were in with a win because Mic-OSU will eliminate each other.

I had it all figured out until they played the game. LOL

S[/QUOTE]
    Slim dont be surprised if another Clemson loss happens.Watson had 600 yds last week and they still lost to a unranked Pitt team.Not good !

7. slim12

Agreed. The South Carolina does not look to be the one, but it is a rival game so who knows. VT will depend all depends on what VT shows up. One week they can play defense with the best of them, next week they look like they could not stop the average run of the mill high school team.

Time will tell.

S

bamaman likes this.
  8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Slim this was also what Clemson called " Senior Night " lol and you lose to a unranked Pitt team.Where the hell was the seniors ? Partied all night ? Lol..Number 2 team in the land and lose to a unranked team on " Senior Night " in your own back yard.DAM ! Lol.

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

And folks I am not knocking Clemson.Hell, Dabo Swinney will be the next head coach at Bama.Write it down ! He is a Alabama graduate that played on the national champiionship team in 92 under Gene Stallings.He contributed to the season to.He is a scrappy , scrappy , walk the walk type tough guy.Much respect for Dabo, and he is as honest and hard working as the day is long.Just a great example of a hard working American.Blue collar type guy.

10. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

Clemson is so overrated it's almost laughable. In their defense they're turning into a football factory for the NF.

11. slim12

Agreed. Been a Clemson fan since the '82 Danny Ford team when I went to a camp the year before.

They were on a roll last year and if they could have played one more game or not had the layoff I feel like they would have one.

This year they do not have the defense they had last year and couple that with a ton of turnovers to further expose the defense. They scraped by several times. I did not think they were #2 team in the country but I am an old school AP/Coaches Poll kind of guy. If you are undefeated after 9-10 games then you deserve the ranking. The bowl, or now the play off series may get you exposed, but 9-10 and 0 means something. Even when 6 of those are cupcakes.

I still say Louisville is the only team with offensive team speed to hang offensively against Alabama's defense. For no more reason that an overly aggressive defense is always susceptible to over pursuing. Newton did it at Auburn, Manziel at A&M etc. etc. Watson last year the same. Not just a mobile QB but a fast QB with a good arm and top notch receivers. The over pursuit is gashed by QB runs and short passes that turn into long runs. This may be the only weakness in the Alabama team. What a problem to have, aggressive, sure tackling defenders with speed.

Maybe Nick Saban should have ran for president and used his recruitment skillset to build a White House staff. LOL

S

bamaman likes this.
  12. promoe

promoe Top Dog

hilarious LOL

13. promoe

promoe Top Dog

mich st is giving OSU a game .

14. slim12

Looks like they are going to tie it up. OSU's D-Backs are good but Mich. St. is giving way too much respect. Throw it at least a couple of times to force the LB's to drop one step. But they are running it against 8-9 in the box. Alabama mashes OSU up front in this style of game.

Tied.

Going for 2. Maybe that is why they don't throw it, LOL. Big props for shooting the wad on a 3 win season. I liked the call to go for #2 but I would have ran it to the wide side again. Hard to throw on those guys in close.

S

promoe likes this.
  15. slim12

Pick. I guess that is why I am doing night shift in a pharmaceutical plant vs. coaching on Saturdays. LOL

promoe likes this.
  16. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

GO BUFFS

17. slim12

Great game with Michigan and OSU. I picked OSU early in the week. I thought Michigan was the better team. I thought the spot was his left shoulder and the ball was in his right hand. The no call on the pass interference.

My issue now is that two teams will more than likely get a chance to be in the playoff and not win their own conference.

S

promoe likes this.
  18. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

If they ever went to a six team field with two byes it would be perfect. No worry about snubs and the lower seeded teams would need to win that extra game which is a win/win situation. It would also bring in more revenue for everyone.

19. slim12

True. But if I were to expand I would jump to 8. 9-12 will have two losses and not be a conference champion. It will be easier to separate.

My biggest criteria is head to head and then conference. If Penn State beats Wisconsin they look over at OSU and say we are the conference champs. And when given the chance to prove we are the better team we beat you on the field of play. Then they will follow that up with, "Good luck in the final four".

I can see Washington and Penn State getting snubbed. If Wisconsin beats Penn State that may be worse because OSU would be in and that opens the door for Michigan to slide back in just in front of Washington.

I'm saying Alabama, Clemson, OSU and Michigan with the other two conference champs being on the outside looking in.

Scott

20. promoe

promoe Top Dog

this year a 4 team playoff is an injustice for sure... Bama Vs Wisconsin would be a tough game.( If Bama was in the big ten this year they would prolly have an L.) the playoff needs some more teams but its better than no playoff. I never liked the gap between the end of the season to the championship bowl game. Especially when the Big Ten played Nov 24th and the SEC played Dec 7th, those extra 2 weeks of getting stale make a difference, especially practicing in 10 degrees compared to the 60s.