1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Collars..... (Help)

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by pitbull-kid, Oct 28, 2005.

1. pitbull-kid

pitbull-kid Big Dog

2. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

All of them will work just fine. I use collars from Bulldog Supply. If you only have a few dogs and want the best get Hurricane Kennels collars.

3. pitbulllvr25

pitbulllvr25 Big Dog

My girls have the 2" padded collars and they are awsome. I've had trouble in the past with the leather collars, if your dogs are not house dogs and stay outside one a tie out, i personally wouldn't suggest leather it rubbed terribly on 3 of my brother dogs.

I REALLY like the padded collars.

4. tnob

tnob Big Dog

http://stillwaterkennels.com/

He is a vry good guy to work with and ships faster than most. His quality is awesome. I own 8-10 of the 2in collars padded and non. Really last.

5. CB

CB CH Dog

6. bdub

bdub Top Dog

ahhh collars ive been losing too many of them lately

7. the female i use to own ate a leather collar once, or at least half of it... and if u look at my father and son pic in my gallery u'll see diegohs collar a little frayed and thats all thanks 2 steele lol...

anyways not to high jack this post but what are the benefits of a padded collar, ive never seen one on a dog, atleast none that ive ever noticed

8. bdub

bdub Top Dog

ive found that wrapping the tie out chain around my dog neck and putting a masterlock on it keeps him safe and secure,

9. CB

CB CH Dog

Yeah and get a inbeded collar into the dogs neck i would never do that at all.

10. bdub

bdub Top Dog

well he hasnt had that happen and im betting itll never happen to him,,you dont have to have the chain tight around the dogs neck,dip, leave at least 2 fingers space between the dogs neck and chain

11. yeah but u use a collar 4 more then that

12. bdub

bdub Top Dog

i use a harness to walk my dog and the collar for his tags

13. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

depending on the dog and how he/she pulls.. walking harness are AWEsOME!!!

much better than a trad. collar imo... but if your dog heels and/or walks without pulling.. trad. collar is good.
    for tie out..you need a good solid collar..one that they cannot get undone ( I have a pup who can unbuckle his collar) a good 2 -3 ply collar..no leather or soft nylon that will stretch when they pull or dance on the chain.....

14. i agree with tha harnesses, less pull on the neck... i mean, my dogs could care less if they were chokin themselves but i cared so they went on harnasses as soon as they were close to full grown in a sense of height... but i also like prong collars even though my dad thinks its "cruel"... lol i swear hes a reincarnated animal rights activist

15. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

yes.. prong collars (when used correctly) are better than choke collars ..
    in my dogs, theres a big difference in how they will walk on a choke, trad. collar (pulling..even if it gags then) vs prong (heeling..)

but you cannot be harsh or over correct o na prong collar.. and they do not damage windpipes like you could using a traditional choke

check chain (the long, rectangulr links) is also a better alternative to a trad. choke chain..

16. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

17. pitbull-kid

pitbull-kid Big Dog

thanks everyone ;)

18. searkkennels

searkkennels Big Dog

man if your gonna do that. atleast go to walmart and get some bicycle innertubes. then put a swivel on the end of your chain get a smaller chain to go around their neck. then cut the tube to fit the smaller chain, then fit it throught the swivel. it will keep the chain from pinching ur dogs neck. anyway u get the idea.if your gonna use collars go with stillwater. he has the best in the business.

19. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

20. Miles

Miles Big Dog

The best collar to give your dog that don't mess with me look and to properly restrain your dog is something like this one but with diamond studs..

[​IMG]