1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Colby.........

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Yung-One, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Yung-One

Yung-One Big Dog

What is the tightest bred Colby dog?

Does anyone have a dog from Mr. Colby?

How much do Colby dogs cost?

Their stuff goes back a very long way. Since like the 1800's or something like that. But I want to know if they are breeding for gameness or are they just selling dogs because of the family name?

2. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

i didn't find that the colby dogs are any more expensive than others. it all depends on the breeder. i personally co-own 2 colby dogs, but neither were good hog dogs (neither had a high drive), so now they belong to my friend and are great family pets. there again, it depends on the breeding and the pup itself. there are a lot of good websites. i'll try to srounge up a few.

3. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

Just type in colby dogs in your search engine. The Colby's have a website.

4. Yung-One

Yung-One Big Dog

Yea I've been to that site and it gives you information on how great the line is and everything. But it's not very detail on what's goin on today with them. It's all history, "his" "story". I hear that they have bred some of the best dogs ever, but I just wanted to hear something recent.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2004
  5. Some of the Colby dogs are used in weight pulling. Magnum Force Kennel, also located in Mass, have a pure Colby dog (Snoop) that's ranked one of the best in the country. I know, according to Lou's book, that some of his dogs were shipped to Pakistan as well. Dog fighting is still allowed there so I'd assume the Colby dogs are still being fought in that corner of the world.

I'll see if I can find out more next summer. There's a Massachusetts APBT club that has ADBA sanction and regular fun meets that draw a lot of bull dog owners around New England. I know Lou Colby attends them, as well as a lot of Colby dog owners.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2004
  6. Yung-One

Yung-One Big Dog

Lemme get a link to Magnum Force...

7. Yung-One

Yung-One Big Dog

Whoa! they've got some good stuff. Good looking Colby dogs. They took home 7 awards in one show.

8. Yeah, he's a real good trainer. Trained his dogs very well. He has a good collection of Colby dogs but he also has a few Zebo dogs and 19 lb cross which is unbelievable. Pound for pound, he has some of the best weight pulling dogs in the country.

9. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

I had been wondering myself if the Colby dogs are show/weight pull only, or if they are still being bred for gameness... gorgeous dogs!! perfect confirmation... but whats on the inside..??

10. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

I agree both sites have some really nice looking dogs. I really like the look of the black and white photo on "Pincher" I believe his name was.

11. dznutts

dznutts Big Dog

They do look good.....

12. SFK

SFK Top Dog

Colby dogs have not been known as Box Quality for many years.