1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Cloned Dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Corley, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Corley

Corley Big Dog

Has anyone cloned any of the great APBT of the past?:confused: I would love to have seen B B Red, Banjo, Art's Missy, LG's Miss Kim, Crenshaw's Honeybunch, Crenshaw's Jeep, White's Tab, Long's Werdo, Gambler's Virgil, Crenshaw's Gator, Adam's Zebo, Garner's Chinaman, and Boyles Dirty Mary to name a few cloned.:D Where would the dog game be if this was done?:rolleyes:
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden>
    It would be an abomination thats where just like cloning humans and food:mad:

3. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Then your a kook frank, $50,000 and a good source of DNA can get it done, and you'll have more than one pup clone.

4. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

so your saying 50k & a bone can get me jeep ? im being serious BR

5. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

then a kook Ill be bobby

Ill starve before I eat cloned meat

Ill die before I have myself cloned

and Ill kill all my dog before they clone one of them good or not

what would be the point in testing them if you knew youcould clone a killer with the same results

it would take the meaning out of the sport as it was bobby
    just like rubbing

its cheating and never realy shows who is realy putting in work with these dogs
    and getting better:D

6. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

7. Elliehanna

Elliehanna Big Dog

the bad thing about cloneing is the lifespan of the animal...because they are useing "old" cells not say sperm and egg then the cells already are old when the new animal is made...its like progeria(sp?) in humans

8. familydude

familydude Big Dog

the dog would match genecticcly but it wouldn't be exactly the same i would think since it would have different circumstances and experiances in life than say jeep or any dog.

9. Kristi

Kristi Big Dog

genetically same dog but it doesn't mean they would preform the same. Tested that with some cloned race horse i think it was. None of them were able to preform like the original.

10. Jelet

Jelet Banned

Yea thats true but wouldnt the dog will still be Game? Gameness is a genetically trait. Therefore if the cloning theories are correct, then the cloned Jeep dog should be game. Just wont have the exact 100% personality as Jeep. But still the genetic traits(gameness) will be the same. Right?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2009
  11. peppapig

peppapig Banned

too much of an iffy subject.....as for raising dead dogs thorough it......for what reason??.....sport??.....breeding??....it would take all the efforts of those that have sweated,bled and been jailed.......and be like sticking middle fingers up at them and saying "thankyou.....but i think ill take it easy now".......and you still aint getting what actually created the dog!!.....ill not go into the whole"spirit in animals" subject......but i do think the experiances of great dogs passed have made them great......can each of you perfectly emulate each great dogs clones past??.......i 100% doubt it!!!

12. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/saved-by-a-pit-bull-californian-owner-clones-five-more-886108.html

For sure any living dog today, Or one with a good DNA sample of past...

As for all the other stuff You all are JUST TALKING theories, no proof for anything just theories of what you THINK... A dog is what he is MOSTLY because of his gene's IMO... GENES make him Game, GENES make him a hard bitter, GENES make him with long wind, GENES make him have a style, GENES dictate IMO 85% of what the dog is inside and out...

Will the dogs act 100% like the one tre cloned from, No, but closer than any inbred offspring of that dog...

As for performance, that depends on the conditioning of each clone vs of how the original one was...

And if you to clone YOUR dog then you have EVERY right to clone it, someones else's dog then that's between you and that person, and its really no one biz but yours what you do with what ever animal you choose, be it dog, horse or cow... They are just animals, not genicly designed with tampered DNA just replicated DNA... And frank you are already eating genetic modified meat, every cow embryo for instance is DNA maped before its born and only the ones that fit the masters standards are born taken chance and guesswork and wishing for good meat and milk cows out, and only those who's genes are "best" are left, we are only 10 years at best to "creating" perfect milk and meat cows that will be then cloned.... And we've been "cloning" vegies for years with modified and designed DNA....

13. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

LOL pepapig sport & breeding go hand & hand. as for the dogmen of the past we owe them nothing. they were just regular folks not idols just folks that liked dogs of sport. cloning would just be a tool & give different result to folks that used it. " a dipshit will make a great dog show piss por. a good dogmen will make a avg dog look great" cloning would just take out trial & era you will still need to put in work. give me bullyson & missy cloned i'd be flipping off the whole world because my dogs would be the shit lol.

14. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

That is if you think that dogs of the pat were "better" than today, IMO I think MOST true and properly bred dogs have evolved over time and are better than the dogs just 10 years ago... JMHO I don't know if I would clone a dog from the far past, but would if I had a great modern dog, Like Macho Buck that died at a young-ish age...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2009
  15. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

ok so you clone nigerino wpuldnt he b a little bit different one his experiences two his training and three his dam wouldnt be the same

16. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

a good question would be if You were to clone a legend who died before he could of been bred to carry on his genes, would the offspring of the cloned bulldog have a limited lifespan like the clone?

17. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

I find that very disrespectful.

If "you don't owe them nothing" as far as the dogs go, You do owe them respect for being your elder for the ones alive and the ones that have passed you owe them respect for what they contributed to the bulldog world and just proper respect of the men who are dead.

18. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

I was going to stay away from this topic because I wasn't really sure how to put my thoughts into words but I'll try anyways.

I don't agree that we don't owe the dogmen of the past anything. Its because of them that we have the dogs we have today.

I am for cloning but sparingly. If we just started cloning dogs over and over then the breed wouldn't evolve and we would be stuck living in the past. But I don't see anything wrong with bringing a dog back to tighten up your lines or introduce past great blood into your stock that might've been lost.

Cloning can be an effective tool and should be looked at with an open mind. We aren't living in the 1940s and many advances are at our disposal.

19. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

respect is not owed it's earned. & most "old timers" don't ask for anything or even want recognition. they were just folks that liked bulldogs. you don't get involved with these dogs because you want recognition. lets get real "OT" a lot of these so called " old dogmen" were some low down crooked two bit hustler. but folks don't know these things because all they know is what they read about. RESPECT ain't given because you read a story you like or you visit with a man for a few hours you met at a show. RESPECT is gained over years of knowing a person & judging there character. i will not respect every tom dick & harry no matter what age. hitler , charles manson are older then me & i ain't about to respect them because of age. there's a few guys i RESPECT & some are dogmen that i got to know over the years.

20. I haven't been posting much lately, but seriously the people who think you could clone Jeep (for example) and would end up with another Jeep simply do not understand cloning.

I am going to just use Jeep as an example here - Jeep's clone will NEVER be Jeep - and you have no garuntee to anything about that dog except that it will be genetically related to Jeep. What you will get, is an animal with the same DNA as Jeep but not with the same knowledge, thoughts, memories, upbringing, or experience. The dog might LOOK like Jeep and have DNA like Jeep, but you might as well just get one of Jeep's offspring... it would cost you a lot less and will turn out much the same as cloning the animal.

Here is a really basic article on it - it does get much more in depth, I have a friend who studies feline genetics and often talks to me about cloning. Just trust me when I say, you might get the same DNA but you will never get the same dog.

http://www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?id=147

The only VIABLE use I can think of for cloning would be a situation like someone mentioned above - if you had a wonderful dog that died in its prime before ever siring any offspring. In this case you would not have a bloodline to keep breeding from, so cloning would essentially "jump start" the bloodline of that dog out of extinction. However, what that dog became from there would be 100% based on the life you give it, not on the life of the animal it was cloned from.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2009