1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

City Sued in Killing of Pit Bull

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Marty, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

New York, NY -- A Brooklyn teen and his father are suing the city for alleged civil-rights violations after cops gunned down the family pit bull on a housing-project roof.

Angel Yulfo Jr., 15, claims he stepped onto the roof of the Louis Armstrong Houses on Oct. 10, 2003, with his leashed and muzzled dog Brandon when he heard a series of loud pops followed by yelps of agony.

"I just heard popping. I didn't know what was going on," Yulfo said.

The lawsuit filed yesterday in Brooklyn federal court by attorneys Ronald Kuby and Daniel Perez alleges that a gun was pointed at the teen's head and someone said, "finish him off."

Another shot was fired, fatally injuring the dog, which was frequently walked on the roof because it was allergic to grass, the suit says.

Cops then knocked the teen to the ground, handcuffed him and took him into custody for about five hours, according to the suit seeking unspecified damages.

"I was scared and hurt. It happened so fast. It was just crazy," said Yulfo, who was released without being charged.

"I was hurt because my dog was one of my best friends."

An NYPD spokesman declined comment.

On the same roof three months later, a cop fatally shot unarmed 19-year-old Timothy Stansbury.

A Brooklyn grand jury declined to indict the officer.

2. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

All I can say is what the hell is up with this story. LOL ....sounds really really wierd to me.

3. wwonka812

wwonka812 Pup

is there a part two of the story........."called the real story" when the cops knocked the teen to the ground there must have been sum unconsiosnes for a bit there? well anyway thanks for the story