1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Chimera's Curse (picture post)

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by Lee Robinson, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

This is a young female Swinford.

[​IMG]

2. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Love the name! I was going to name one of my cats Curse! lol

3. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

We sold a male named "Damon" to a friend. Damon is handled by his little girl who is named "Kirston," and although it looks like her name would be pronounced "Keerston," they actually pronounce it "curseton." When we did the breeding, we planned on keeping a female so we told Kirston that we were going to name our pick female after her...and that is how we came up with the name "Curse."

4. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

This gyp is a 3rd+ generation Swinford (deeper than this on some sides) and is essentially composed of...

56.25% APBT
    18.75% Neapolitan
    12.5% Tosa
    12.5% EM

Fitness and performance was maintained via performance selection at each generation.

5. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

What does this breed excel in?

6. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

They are bred for protection/guard dog work.

7. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

How do they compare to the malonise(sp) or the GSD? Would you compete in Schutzhound(sp) or the french ring?
    BTW, that a good looking bitch, how much does she weigh?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2010
  8. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

They are more trustworthy with their family unit since they don't have the "rank" drive desire to dominate. These dogs work through a form of loyalty to the pack via pack instinct, defense drive, prey, and fight drive...and not so much rank. These dogs are not designed to compete in K9 sports at the level of a malinois. Our dogs are not going to be mouse trap type OB when told to sit and such. However, our dogs are going to be MUCH more durable and powerful in combat. I honestly haven't weighed that bitch. If I had to guess, I would say 70#, and she will probably finish around 85# mature. Our males are typically around 90-110. They pack much of the compact efficiency, durability, and determination of the pit, but with the defense, power, and size coming from the mastiff influence.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2010
  9. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

I wanted to add an edit to my post, but was too late...

Think of our dogs as more of a practical applications dog rather than a patrol or competition dog. They comply to commands quickly when trained, so don't assume that by my words, "they don't have mouse trap OB like a mal" as to mean they aren't quick, as they are quick. What I mean is people that have our dogs want a trustworthy family guardian that responds to commands and the environment via pack instinct/loyalty and fight drive without having to be in the "routine" frame of mind when let out of a crate. They don't only come out of the crate to perform a routine. Being able to live with them all the time needs to be practical.

10. Blau

Blau Big Dog

Are there any of this bandog/breed that are currently titled with a SchIII?
    It actually looks like a nice looking breed/'hybrid', I want to get into dog sports after the Navy... I was set on Malinois, but Swinford is sounding interesting. Or, would you say this dog is more naturally inclined to personal protection then just being trained for a 'false' protection sport like Schutzhund? I wouldn't trust a true Schutzhund to protect me, but I do want a personal protection dog at some point.

[edit] Disregard the SchIII question, I would definitely be interested in learning more about them for personal protection and not just competition.

11. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Mr. Robinson, I must commend you on your ability to create such dogs, however I like my APBT true to form and would never breed away from them. I feel that the breed alone can excel at all mentioned task and the breeder would need the correct knowledge. I can understand your reason for choosing the breeds that you did to create said dogs, and I think you did a good job in getting the % at a nice level. What line of APBT did you start with in this particular dog? Do you have any videos of your dogs working the sleeve or being agitated?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2010
  12. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

Ah, good one. Videos if you ever get a chance! Love to see these dogs doing some civil work.

Do your Swinfords make good yard protectors, or does the APBT in them bring out enough dog aggression that they can't be loose with chained dogs?

13. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

I would never trust two dogs of the same sex well enough to leave them together. These dogs certainly can be dog aggressive, and can be very rough. For this reason, I would NEVER recommend them to protect a yard of pit bulls. They will certainly cause trouble. Click HERE to view several videos... There are more videos on my website on some of the individual dog's pages as well. I am sure some of the Swinfords could do SchH work, but again that is not what the breed was developed for. If I was wanting to JUST do SchH, I would select a Dutch Shepherd myself...but for PP work, home guarding, or sentry work I would choose a Swinford. On that note, there are some SchH dogs that are just playing a game, and then there are some others that are exceptional PP dogs as well.

14. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

Oh...as far as the lines of APBT, we have used Sorrells, Hammonds, and will probably soon be adding some heavy bred Barracuda/Mayday (Yellow) stuff in this year. We also had some excellent weight pull "Whopper" dog in there that was proven stuff in its field if you want to call those dogs "APBT;" however, I myself see them as a weight pull type of bandog since it is a well known fact they have mastiff blood in them. One of our dogs/lines also had some of the old Heinzl stuff in him too.

15. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

Hmm...interesting videos.

Is that you handling the dogs Lee?

16. SilentDobe

SilentDobe Big Dog

Backup, yes, that is Lee handling his dogs. Interesting videos...

17. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

In some of the videos I am the handler, in some of the videos I am the decoy. Which video are you referring to?

Here is what I look like...In the first picture, I am the handler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Haven't seen the vids yet but that red dog in the pic, looks to have a nice full bite.