1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago Animal Control demands my Dog "put down, leave state, obtain liability insura

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by chicagodog, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Chicago Animal Control demands my Dog "put down, leave state, obtain liability insura

A neighbor kid was caught punching my dog. My dog reacted by biting the kid and quickly releasing when the kid stoped punching him.

Animal Control deemed my dog dangerous. They want to either put him down or have us leave the state or follow thru with their demands “build giant fence and buy $100k insurance”

My question is has anyone here ever filed a petition to reverse the “determination” of my dog being dangerous? Did you win? Whats the chances of me winning?

Or should I give me dog to a rescue out of state?

Thank you

2. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Re: Chicago Animal Control demands my Dog "put down, leave state, obtain liability in

Couple of questions...

Was the kid on your property when this happened? OR

Was your dog at large?

Are there any credible witnesses?

What sort of BSL laws are there in your area?

If you do decide to fight this designation, make sure you spring for a lawyer.

3. Re: Chicago Animal Control demands my Dog "put down, leave state, obtain liability in

yes Kid on my property...dog was in a locked area...kid let dog in. yes theres a witness.

i have no club on what a bsl is and i need help finding a attorney

4. venom

venom Top Dog

Re: Chicago Animal Control demands my Dog "put down, leave state, obtain liability in

bad situation.
    i dont know, i would probably give my dog up to somebody i know for a while til i can move [not out of state though, fk them]. Just to where someone wont call the police or AC on me when they see i got my dog back LOL

5. Belcher256

Belcher256 Big Dog

breed specific laws, so pretty much dangerous dog laws in chicago, or pitbull laws, etc...

6. Re: Chicago Animal Control demands my Dog "put down, leave state, obtain liability in

problem with that is anywhere in Illinois follows the same regulations as Chicago.

Iam hoping to find a Wisconsin Resue that can house him for a couple months if thats even possible...

7. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

if the situation happened the way you say than you need to go hit the animal control with a civil suit right away. All they are doing is making you lay down. I would be damned if i would give up on my dog you need to see this through. How can they tell you what to do if you havnt even gone to court for it? Story doesnt sound realistic, i know your probably in a panic but they just cant tell you to do this or that you would have had a hearing.

8. Re: Chicago Animal Control demands my Dog "put down, leave state, obtain liability in

I hear you...i appreciate your response.....after the incident my dog was put into the detention center...... court was 2 weeks away...my dog was surfering....lost weight, depressed...not himself....we couldnt bare to see him that way....we wanted him out. we were under the impression from animal control that we would only need to pay fines (which we did) and accept our dog being deemed dangerous and that were the only reprecussions....they did not disclose that he couldnt be in the city or need to be put down or that we would need to follow thru with a long list of demands. therefore we accepted the determination.

now I am interested in a hearing/petition to reverse the determination.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2010
  9. Ctnz

Ctnz Pup

You have to understand that they don't know your dog the way you know your dog. It is not right but it's easier for them to label your dog as a "dangerous dog" because if it bites someone else then quesitons will be asked why you were allowed to keep it if it has biten someone else regardless of whether the dog was provoked or not. The damage has been done, give your dog up to someone till the heat dies down. build a fence that will prevent your dog leaving your yard or someone else accessing your property ( you should already have this). Bring your dog back when everything is ready. If this doesn't work, then move.

10. Re: Chicago Animal Control demands my Dog "put down, leave state, obtain liability in

when you say move on are you saying "let him be put down"?

regardless...I need assistance in fighting this not on "how to hide from this"

11. venom

venom Top Dog

Well if u wanna fight it then call a lawyer just like any other legal problem.

12. Re: Chicago Animal Control demands my Dog "put down, leave state, obtain liability in

yes! do you have a guy? :confused: