1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Check This Out. . . . .

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by xx24x7xx, Jun 15, 2010.

1. xx24x7xx

xx24x7xx Big Dog

Trough the years, the "Man Biters" have been of special interest to me since, in theory, most are not supossed to be game. Simple observation tells me there are as many game man biters(percentage wise) as there are game dogs in the Pit Bull family. Most of the old-timers felt the man biters should be destroyed and most definitely never used in a breeding program. I believe a deeper look into these dogs to be a worthwhile project. Through my research and observation, I have concluded that there are several types of man biters, each of which deserves recognition and comment. The most acceptable of the man biters are those that are both protective and territorial. Most bulldogs have this trait to varying degrees and the beauty of it is that it can be encouraged or discouraged depending on the needs of the owner. These dogs are usually the more intelligent bulldogs and while they are generally gentle with people, will become a terror to the suspicious intruder and literally inhale a direct threat to its master or his property. The second most acceptable man biter is the territorial junk yard dog. This dog gladly accepts its owners but all others are not welcome in its domain. Off his own property, he is not nearly so aggressive except when challenged directly. These dogs are not for the novice but can be kept and are definitely a deterrent to dog thieves and various riffraff. The last acceptable type is the junk yard dog that will bite anyone anytime, just for the fun of it. Many of these dogs actually have to have their feed chucked to them even by their owners. These dogs are for the professional only, and most are probably good candidates for execution. There is also the excitable dog that will bite you to get loose and get another dog, cat, horse or whatever. These dogs are definitely not for the amateur and should be kept from these types of situations as much as possible. Bullyson, Andersons CH Spade and Mesquite Sam were dogs of this type. To me the most dangerous is the latent man biter that just goes bad without provocation. These dogs should always be destroyed as their unpredictability makes them an extremely lethal commodity.

Jus wondering any other opinions on the TJYD. . . .hands on experiences, If anyone does or would incorporate this into their program. . .Yes I read it saids MANBITER in the 1st sentence an all it says after. . .but think of the ones that were "STOLEN an NEVER RECOVERED". . .sorry if you experienced it but think of ur own. . . a broke ass "DogKnapper" walked off with, an then think of em wit the TJYD factor in em.

I posted this thread cuz I see all the time how ppl say there's no place for a "Eater" in their programs. . . an this an that but. . .I say if it's the JYD/LMB. . .no spot 4 em. . .a str8 up an down TJYD. . is easily MADE to be. IMO its not in the breedin so much as it is the owner. If you bred 2 TJYD's. . .take a pup an take this pup EVERYWHERE you go. . .around everybody ur around. . .this pup will turn out a great Bull Dog (all around)

If u take a pup off GrCh x GrCh. . .never have em around anyone but urself. . .by 20-24mo an there on. . . total JYD. But thats JMO.

2. xx24x7xx

xx24x7xx Big Dog

So in short I don't mean would u breed to a TJYD. . .jus wondering how many if any would encouage or discourage these traits.

3. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

Well many a good bulldogs are/were manbiters. Zebo, yellow, chinaman, and many more. These guys were ch's, gr ch's, and even roms.

4. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

I would keep a Manbiter like Diamond Jim, but would keep him away from any human or animal and I would never breed him to any females Period. Are you asking if Manbiters make good Guard dogs? A pit used for the junk yard type is dangerous and could get you in trouble, you can't allow him to roam freely, what if he gets loose, and you can't let him roam freely on your yard, incase he gets to your other dogs. Breeding 2 GR. CH's. raising and keeping the pup away from the public doesn't guaranteed he will become a Manbiter.

5. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

i simply will not own and/or breed a man biter into my program. I dont care if hes a 19xW and a ROM if it turns out to be a man biter he gets a bullet

6. AGame

AGame CH Dog

Now if he was a 19xW and a rom dog and i ws the only one that could handle him i would keep that son of a bitch anyday but i would take every precaution possible to assure he could not get loose because i live back in the woods with no houses close anyway and that would be one worth owning lol

7. chucho

chucho Big Dog

I got A female (Hoochie) she is very good with people including kids, but once there is a dog around and she gets going she is trouble. She has nipped at my pant legs trying to get to the other dog. Though she has never actually bitten me I would not breed her at all.

8. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

lmao you know what i mean

9. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

I wouldn't keep a 19xw manbiter, though I would keep a manbiter that is a ROM or even a POR.

10. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

as long as its a bulldog ill feed it, although this "man bitibg" bulldog better be something special for me to keep it, feed it & much more breed it just because it takes more "effort/stress to contain & mantain it!
    id breed it, cull hard and be set!

11. gogettem

gogettem Pup

lukane was a manbiter but real bulldog also and i wouldnt only breed to him i would breed every thing i got to him

12. fblb

fblb Top Dog

If I had a manbiter I would beat the shit out of that dog one time if that didn't correct it I would put a bullet in it's head.

13. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

even if the dog was what you considered an ace?

14. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Good question, but for my situation.....I would have to say yes even if he/she was an ace only because I refuse to have my child in danger of a dog acting like a fool....If I didn't have a child then I wouldn't care so much, but children have no sense, and I will be damned if I put my own child in danger over a dog, ace or not. Like I said if it was just me then yeah I would keep the dog, but it doesn't work for my situation. I can't judge another man for keeping one though, and I might breed to one if he was what I liked, but I would be the judge of all the pups.

15. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

yea that i can appreciate,
    im sure my response would have been different also if i had a young one(s) around the house, i wouldnt worry so much bout the nieghborhood just because im confident that i would be able to to contain the dog, but no way would i put a child in danger knowing that he would have direct access to the dogs.
    but being in my situation where i have no responsibilities, id breed em and just keep a super tight eye on the pups, hope for the best & cull the rest!

16. AGame

AGame CH Dog

oh yea i forgot to add i dont have my children living with me here and they actually arent aloud to be at my house because my ex wife doesnt want them around my bulldogs ^^ but i would not keep a man biter if i had children now matter the 19xW or ROM should have added that part earlier

17. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

Since everyone is being specific, I'll specify a bit as well. If the dog was HA but not FA, then I'd keep the dog. If the dog was FA but not OA and I have no children living with me, then I'd keep him. If he was OA, then no matter how many wins, ROM, POR, and even an Ace, he'd get put down.