1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

charge that cop with something!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lee D, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

Police dog dies, abandoned in officer's vehicle

K-9 Officer Harley died in car as temperatures near 100 degrees

UPDATED 6:54 AM CDT Aug 31, 2012

Police dog dies, abandoned in officer's vehicle
    DES MOINES — A Des Moines police dog died after being left inside a patrol vehicle on a hot day, according to investigators.
    K-9 Officer Harley, a Labrador retriever, died Wednesday afternoon when temperatures soared to nearly 100 degrees.
    Harley spent seven years delivering smiles and results.
    "His investigations have taken a lot of drugs off the streets," said Des Moines Police Department Sgt. Chris Scott. "Harley was not a stranger to anybody down here. We lost a fellow officer who just happened to be a dog."
    The K-9 was working with his partner, Officer Brian Mathis, a veteran member of the Vice and Narcotics Control Section.

"All I know is that (Mathis) had been involved in a case that day, and when he returned to his car, he found Harley in the car and Harley was dead," Scott said.
    It's not yet clear why or how long Harley was left inside the police vehicle, nor is it known if the air conditioner was on or the windows rolled down.
    Investigators said they suspect oppressive heat is to blame for the animal's death.
    "Officer Mathis, not only did he work with this dog, but he took this dog home. They were together 24 hours a day, seven days a week," Scott said. "During the day, it was a work partner. At night, it was a family member."
    Scott said the dog's death is a tragedy that will be investigated.

2. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

its been all over the news here, and that cop better get drug thru the legal system just like anyone else would.
    fucking retard, almost 100 degrees

3. xx24x7xx

xx24x7xx Big Dog

exxxxactly!

4. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i remember when the local police dog died of cancer here, they had fliers all over the town asking for donations because the new dog was gonna cost thousands and thousands of dollars. so if you look at it that way, his dumb ass just cost some folks some serious cash.

5. RRL

RRL Top Dog

Freakin idiots!Just like those cops in NY who shoot everything but the target.

6. pawnshop

pawnshop Pup

The so called professional. I wonder how many times he gave the speech about dog abuse and leaving them in a hot car.

7. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I wished he would,if a normal citizen would do that,they'd be in all kinds of trouble. Probably won't though,here in the last year or so,one of our local cops got caught stealing all different kinds of drugs from the evidence room and selling them,know what he got,lol. A little probation because the judge said he wouldn't be safe in jail cause he was a cop.Talk about a double standard.lol.

8. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

that one takes the cake man...fucking playing favorites.dont they put pedophiles in with the general population? not that i dont think they should be...sick fuckers, but yall know them fuckers arent safe. a judge protecting a thieving drug dealing bad cop...double standard indeed

9. jacko

jacko CH Dog

10. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

In the words of NWA -fuck the police

11. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Yeah,that does take the cake,I know so much about the cop situation here it is hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic,lol I will admit we finally got a pretty decent sheriff,not that i like cops but the guy has always treated me good.Funny story,Before this new sheriff was elected a few off the cops were all screwing the same woman dispatcher and 2 actually pulled their guns on each other in the sheriffs office in an argument over her,and the sheriff before beat the crap out of a deputy for messing with his wife.lol.Our cops usually suck,but i'm afraid that's a pretty common situation in most places. Cops are usually worse than most criminals.

12. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

2 years back our sherriff and a deputy got sent to prison for raping a woman afterhours in the bar at the golf course.
    she worked there and closed that night by herself, and evidently them 2 fuckers didnt wanna leave. so yeah, crooked cops everywhere, but youd think theyd at least be decent to their K-9 partners.

13. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Yeah,if he liked the dog so much and was supposedly with it 24/7 then where was he when it was dying of a heat stroke. He should of known better than that.There's no excuse.

14. jacko

jacko CH Dog

i"m in no way defending them , but some cops in some areas have a lot going om !!! but then again , if your not up to the job , get your tools n fuck off !!! eh , lol

15. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

There was no reason to leave the dog in the car like that,like you said if you're not up for the job.............

16. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i agree 100%. its just like any other job in this world

17. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

cmon yall, u know damn well that cop killin officer aint gonna get charged! lol do they ever??? yall remember oscar grant from oakland ca? he was flat out MURDERED by a police officer........no charges were filed! just a suspended leave.........

cops are above the law, they have no concequences.......crooked ass country we live in!

that same officer prolly helped in dogmen raids and helped slap animal cruelty carges...........! ............piece of shit!

18. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Describes most of them.

19. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

If it was anyone else they'd already be behind bars... double standard.

20. SacRedboyOwner

SacRedboyOwner Top Dog

If that cop gets more time than the cop in Oakland did for killing Oscar Grant, I'm going to be pissed. I agree that this cop need to be run through the system just like everyone else but the sad thing the system proves time and time again that a dogs life is worth more than the life of a person of color. Take for example Michael Vick and the time he got as comapred the cop that killed Grant. Pigs need to get more time for the crimes they commit since they hold a position and supposed to be trained to deal with stressful situations.