1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Chain Set-Up

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Nitrous, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

I need to know what all good supplies i need to set up a chain, I know car axle is one, but i need to know what all else i need. Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2005
  2. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

Anybody...?

3. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

Sorry, you will need 2 quicklinks, 2 O'rings, 1 bullsnap and 20-30 ft. chain.
    -ps- I use a cable set-up when ever possible.

4. Marty

Marty Guest

You will need some strong chain, lap links, swivel, welded rings

check out this photo

http://www.game-dog.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=313&catid=newposts

notice the swivel is lap linked to two welded rings through the collar and we have a weldless ring lap linked to axle.

Hope this gives you the picture :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2005
  5. jstorm

jstorm Pup

i use 5/16 or 3/8 chain about 10 ft. with an o-ring on one end and a snap hook or o- ring on the other. i connect every thing with lap links.

6. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

-ps, for my favorites i use a 50' 1400# per sq ft. cable. I attatch a 10' chain with swivel, this allows the dog a 50' run with 10' on each side of the cable.

7. Deep south

Deep south Big Dog

this is my chain setup it works great for me and is much less hassel then the car axel way my set up has a 3000 lb test so spend the little extra to get the heavy grade

Attached Files:

8. here is a simple and great chain set up to use

3 inch o ring you can buy them at most farm supply stores then an S hook that will accomodate a 3/8 chain, then 10 ft of 3/8 chain, then another S hook then a Swivel that is the same size as your chain unless you use a 3 point swivel that trappers use, then another S hook and finally an O ring same as the first. put them together in the above order, take the o ring side that doesn't have the swivel put the car axel thru it and pound the axel in leave about eight inches from the bottom of the circle to the top of the ground, make sure all the stud bolts are pounded out of it before putting it into the ground. then get your self one of those collars from Catchdog enterprises, they are made of seatbelt material and put it thru the other o ring and around the dogs neck, then presto you have your dog securely chained up with 150 square ft of space.