1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

CH Kocky Mike

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BigTazz26, Jun 17, 2014.

1. mma316

mma316 Pup

I'm glad to see that your persistence paid off. Good luck with your pup. If you haven't had any experience with the breed...it wouldn't hurt to do a little reading to prepare yourself for the upcoming experience that you're about to embark on.

2. mma316

mma316 Pup

I'm no sac shaker, but I love the direction that you went with this one here.

3. ragedog10

ragedog10 Top Dog

Tazz I mean no disrespect to you but dogs are not toys for children, I have owned these dogs for a long time and would never put anyone of my dogs in a situation to fail where children are involved not because my dogs are vicious I don't tolerant it,but because of their prey drive and the unpredictable behavior of children. I thought you had owned a bulldog before, a well bred dog off of working lines is different from anything you have ever owned, with the questions you are asking maybe you shouldn't rush into this. CVK has some fine dogs you might be more happy & better off with a Staff or Blue dog, I have children and the interact with the dogs their whole lives but were never given a dog as a toy. Until you see a true prey driven dog you may not understand.

4. JLusk

JLusk Big Dog

Get your kid a lab and keep the bulldog for yourself

5. BigTazz26

BigTazz26 Big Dog

I didn't really talk him into anything. I simply stated that I am a fan of their camp / dogs / accomplishments / and the quality of life that they give to there animals. I also offered to come down every weekend and scoop shit and feed / walk the dogs for free if he would just give me the opportunity to learn from such an experienced and stand up dogmen. This is after I work 60 hours a week . Guess he admired my willingness to learn. I did state that I was truly interested in something off of Kocky Mike, but beggars can't be choosers, and he was kind enough to offer me a free pup in the near future . So I will take what I can get and be very appreciative for it. Like NIKO said, "we all have to start somewhere." As far as my family goes, my grandfathers name is Richard Orr and my two uncles David Lemon and Chad Lemon. That part of my family lives in IL / IA area. I remember from my younger years that they both owned multiple dogs from time to time so with the last name I figured I would just ask ? Maybe we are related, maybe its just a coincidence ? Was just curious in all honesty........

6. BigTazz26

BigTazz26 Big Dog

No disrespect taken RAGE. I don't look at a new dog as a toy for my daughter or myself. They are part of our family and treated as such. As far as prey drive goes, the brown one in my picture put down a 90 lb. plus Rotweiller that wouldn't stop jumping the fence and coming into my back yard to start trouble. I truly felt bad because I am an animal lover, but I warned my neighbor several times to get his dog under control before mine does and unfortunately it turned out that way. So its not as if I am completely ignorant to what "prey drive" is. You put a blue dog with nuts / with another large breed dog that is not neutered and aggressive its more than likely bound to go down. It's in there genes naturally even though they aren't the true APBT. So to some extent I know what I am dealing with, but I still have much to learn. I think things will be just fine . Especially because the dogs CVK has are much smaller than what I am use to. Yes I am sure they have a lot more drive than what I am use too, however when it comes to raw power. Tazz would pull a damn house off its foundation if he was harnessed up...... But I do appreciate all the input and feedback you all are giving me. Thanks RAGE !

7. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Not saying a little bulldog would be too much for you to handle because I've never met you but I've found that the smaller dogs are harder to handle then the larger ones. And it's not just about size either, a lot of it is the athleticism that they have and that's hard to control and maintain on a regular basis for people who haven't had experience with them. And on top of that, you're seeking out a pup from a proven performance animal so you can almost bet that you'll have your hands full. I'm positive that the dog will be too much for your daughter to attempt to handle/control.

8. BigTazz26

BigTazz26 Big Dog

Thanks for the words of encouragement MMA316 !

9. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I think it would be wiser to ask your family about them, not sure if your grandfather or uncles are alive or not but if they are (RIP) maybe talk to a few other relatives who knows them and they would be able to help you out. Dont wan't you to get your hopes up but my grandma owned pitbulls back in the 70s but she was no dog lady. She worked at a Post Office, and my grandfather brought one home. When they split she kept he dog and even bred her 2x. Owning dogs and being a dogman/woman are different entities.

I did notice you stated you owned several other types of breeds. I'm just wondering for how long because I know you stated before that you were young how much experience do you have with these dogs?

10. BigTazz26

BigTazz26 Big Dog

It is for her mainly because the big guy isn't around anymore, however I would never just turn a dog loose to anyone, especially my own family until I know them inside and out. Our daughter is only 7 and I know she will not be able to handle or walk a dog by herself, especially one of that stature. She would just go to shows with me and claim the dog to be hers, maybe get a few compliments, maybe win a trophy, and then come home happy as can be. She loves animals. CVK said himself, "even though they have intense prey drive, that he thought there is a possibility that it would be a good family dog as well, because he has seen the environment I raise my dogs in". Fenced in 1 1/2 Acres on Lake Lanier. Dogs get to run around and play all day and swim as much as they like. It's like dog heaven lol

11. BigTazz26

BigTazz26 Big Dog

No hopes up Rock N Rye. I was just curious that's all because "Orr" isn't that common of a name. My grandfather has passed and I haven't seen my uncle in years. Parents had a Great Pyrenees, Black Lab, and a Pitbull when I was growing up. I myself have only owned Pitbulls and I am 28 years old. So I have had a little experience with the breed....... but I am very confident in the way I treat my animals and how I socialize them that he or she will turn out to be a very well mannered and loving family dog.
    On top of all that, my wife, daughter and I do some volunteer work for no-kill Pitbull shelters and have been known to foster dogs in need from time to time so I am very comfortable around the breed as are they.

12. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

This thread is pretty funny.* I call the whole looking for a dog for my daughter, show without go a big BS, yet you are all over the place looking for CH sired dogs and willing to clean yards now and what not for a pup?* You know your daughter will be happy with a pup of any breed and there are dime a dozen breeds out there that will fit the bill better.* Since you are not active in the sport or in the show world do you really think that bringing a dog of this caliber to a house full of other dogs and kids are wise?* I mean get anything you want for whatever your reason might be, we all did, just don't sugar coat things and cut the BS out.

preme likes this.
  13. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

After his last few responses that's kind of where my mind has went. Some dogs just aren't for the pack mentality, i have a buddy who has Cane Corso's another buddy who has Alphaphas and neither has dogs that can be socialized to the point of comfortability. Interesting part is he trains dogs for protection and everything else, but when you have Prey Drive and Intensity and have dogs who have to be the alpha, it's a situation that causes a stir. I just don't like dogs being with inexperienced people or peopel who think oh nothing can happen bc it never has happened before with other dogs. Every dog is different and I would just like people to realize that and also folks who aren't going to put these dogs in events where they show their talents to be mindful, i know they are what's in but really they aren't for everybody. I'm not speaking on you neither BigTazz, honestly I just told my little brother no when he was searching for a bulldog and told him a Boxer fits more his lifestyle for the moment.

14. BigTazz26

BigTazz26 Big Dog

1st. I don't have a house full of other dogs or kids. I have 1 Watchdog bloodline female "Scary Blueberry" and 1 daughter.
    2nd.Tazz has been passed for a while now.
    3rd.So because I want a different line of Pitbull now to take to shows with my daughter and go running / hiking / trekking with I am bullshitting? Where's the bullshit? Of course I want it for myself as well. It's going to be a new part of our family.
    4th.I don't do OR BUY anything half ass....... If I want a dog off whoever it is and they are willing to sell/give me one who's business is that other than mine ? I buy top notch and don't settle for anything else than what I want.
    5th. Finally....... what kind of person would one of you all more so appreciate ? A guy that has plenty of $$$$ and could buy any pup at just about any price, yet is willing to work for free to prove themselves to the breeder and show there appreciation? Or just some shit head that says, "hey sell me a pup." I am thinking the majority are going to go with the person that is sincere in their intentions. I am by no means trying to brag, it is what it is. I have worked extremely hard to get where I am in life. So the fact that I will work 60 hours a week, then offer to go work for free. Does that not count for anything as far as my character is concerned ? I asked for information / opinions / and quality knowledge. Not someone to give me a hard time...... Moving on.

15. BigTazz26

BigTazz26 Big Dog

It's all good. I know what they are capable of Rock n Rye, that's why I first started off asking about there temperament around children as that is my main concern. There is no point for me to own something that would not fit my life style and you are completely right in stating that. Nor do I think they should be put in the hands of just any Joe Shmoe to do as he pleases. As a responsible owner we all must be conscious of the animals that we own and there demeanor around others, both human and animal.

16. BigTazz26

BigTazz26 Big Dog

You guys own these specific line of dogs and that's why I came to the table with these questions. Who better to ask than a conglomerate of dogmen with years upon years of experience ? I came to ask the pro's so here I am. Not to mention it is nice to know that the person I maybe getting a dog from lives near me. That way if I ever have a question or need an opinion I can go straight to the source for the most professional insight available.

17. c_note

c_note CH Dog

You might be asking very little out of what could be a lot of dog. You might want to look into some show champs if that's what you will be doin anyway. We want what we want tho. Good luck with what ever you get. Be vigilant with dogs and children

18. ragedog10

ragedog10 Top Dog

I'm not knocking you at all. I have a 34 lb son of Titere and he is as strong any dog I ever owned and very slippery to handle when excited, just want you to think on the side of caution. Will this pup be the best thing you ever owned maybe and all will be well. But what if you get a prey driven nut case? All I'm saying is think it through I scooped shit and walked many a dog that wasn't mine so I can respect you wanting to do that, but do you really need a high caliber dog for a child's pet? Yis Ole Man

19. old goat

old goat CH Dog

how many bulldogs have you owned ?

20. BigTazz26

BigTazz26 Big Dog

I have owned 3 in total. Tazz - the brown one in my pictures that passed away from cancer. Scary Blue Berry - 4 years old. Renzo - pitbull I grew up with as a child, passed away from old age.