1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Cesar Millar is a dumba..

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by ABK, Jul 29, 2006.

1. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Lord..he might as well write that any people food make's dogs angry. I was talking to someone who works for a humane society that comes to PetSmart and she was telling me that there is a trainer in NY that says that if a dog wags its tell, its aggresive, or if it crosses its legs, its aggressive, or if you let it lick your face its showing dominance. UGHHH!!
    People..go to school!!
    I thought I respected Cesear....hmph.

2. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

It is not complete and total BS. People DO these things, I know it's horrible, but it's true. I've had my fair share of aquantances who fed their dogs pot and acid, so the hot pepper and gun powder thing does not sound make believe, just horrible. There are probably 50 of these punks for every 1 dogman and I am sure it is all he has had to deal with.
    Thugs won't get ideas from his book, they won't read it.
    I am very curious to see how this goes for you ABK, I also wonder his oppinion on dogfighting at a professional level. Most of the world is against it and I think he will end up being one of those but let us know if you recieve an responces and DO send him the Stratton book, I want to know what comes of this.

3. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Come on now wasting good pot and acid on a dog is proof of how dumb they are...that is a waste...they should have properly turned that stuff into the authorities (me)...Gunpowder does make a dog mean because it slowly destroys their insides ...so the dog is ruined and will die early.....that shows how much of a bond they had and how much they cared...none...I think its all BS and these celebrity people need to STFU

4. B

B CH Dog

This guy is just perpetuating stereotypes and encouraging ignorance. He shows very little knowledge of the breeds with these wild urban myth accusations. Perhaps he should invest in some historical context about how our breed was formed. I'm glad I don't have TV or even know who this character is from anything but random forum posts.

Regards,

B

5. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Lucky you...hey wanna buy a TV...lol

6. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I'm sure ppl do some wacked-out things, but where do they get those ideas?? From ppl like PETA & Cesar! Feeding a dog kittens/puppies, hot sauce, gunpowder or physically abusing it never orginated w/ dogfighters, that's for sure!

Also, a side note on MWDs & Koehler - re-vamp or not KM (Koehler method) is what many MWD handlers will continue to use. The kennel masters may stop using it if a re-vamp was ordered, but I bet the methods are still Koehler based. If not the handlers will continue to use KM simply b/c that is what they & the dogs are used to.

Remember, Koehler trained most of the dogs you see in early Disney films as well, so it is not the KM alone that makes MWDs unsuitable pets. What makes them unsuitable is not training alone but their lifestyle as well.

MWDs do not live like normal dogs & they are not treated like normal dogs. The live in small kennels unless they are working. As a result some become neurotic, even to the point of self-mutilation. This is why some MWDs are docked - b/c they would not stop chewing their tails.

Further they are not selected on suitability of temperment but on working ability. So they will take a dog who will eat you up, so long as it's a working fool, they'll take it.

Put this combo w/ the Koehler method & often you have a neurotic, suspicious, high drive dog w/ a hair-trigger. NOT a dog suitable for civilian life.

As I mentioned before Cesar has some ideas that are worth a second thought. But his methods are not new (even he says this) & after his incredible display of ignorance concerning dogfighting I will evermore take what he says w/ a dose of skepticism.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2006
  7. simms

simms CH Dog

Good for you!!!

This guy is a dumbass! Good post.

Edit: I personaly cant stomach his show, pisses me off to No end that he is intentionaly giving ppl the Idea that you can have a pack of dogs w/pitbulls thrown in the mix. Not a good Idea for the average pet owner....dangerous!

8. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Thanks simms.

Another thought on this subject - how is this going to affect our breed??? This book is a bestseller & basically Cesar has told hundreds if not thousands of ppl that pit bulls are "made" to fight & the only reason they fight is due to mistreatment or fear of mistreatment.

So now how many well-meaning but ignorant ppl are going to go get themselves a pit bull secure in the fact that it will not fight if they raise it right?? After all, according to Cesar so long as you don't punch it, pinch it, smack it or feed it hot sauce their pit bull will grow up to be Rin Tin Tin! [​IMG]

I predict that the breed wil suffer as a whole b/c of this type of thinking. We will see more attacks by pit bulls on other dogs & more bans as a result.

JMHO ...

14rock likes this.
  9. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Good points...very fluid debate there.... that all people who love this breed could use when they need a defense....So now people will just assume all APBTs are ingrained to be mean and only Caesar can save them...well spit on that...no piss on it...because when everyone becomes scared of the dogs they will bite more because they smell fear...but dogs cant rationalize emotions so they think
    is this person scared because were going to fight or is he going on my territory to hurt me...blahblahblah so sometimes they fear bite rarely doing anything more than puncture woulds....or scratches...but the slander and hate of our breed may actually expedite their doom...and think about it this is the media ...crap on TV....the ones always pushing education.....but they wont educate themselves and realize hate discrimination and unconstitutional laws will eventuall send the APBT the way of the White Terrier and Alaunt, dodo bird and dinosaurs...to extinction...

I am just disgusted it may be in my generaton to witness and I dont want to see it...we should send Mulan a letter and tell him how we hit our dogs and abuse them...just so they trust us more when they get in a scuffle...yeah right a dog like that tucks tail and finds a hole if theyre scared....I really did like this guy for the first year of re runs but I think a dollar speaks more and visits him more often that the real face of the APBT....

10. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

[​IMG]Here ya go ABK..lol! Sorry had to do it!

11. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

LOL, good one. I'll let them know if I ever see them again.

12. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I only read one book by Koehler and it was from a New Mexico library and was one of the first prints. In his book there is a chapter where he flat out tells you to beat your dog ( to remedy seperation anxiety- particularly howling ) He actually states that if the neighbors are disgusted and want to call the authorities to explain that it is better than your dog going to the shelter. He also claims to cure dog aggression. How he explained that he did this, is to take the aggressive dog and drive it head on into the other dog. He also says he can cure small animal aggression by putting a cat in an electrified wire cage and allowing the dog to attack it. Not cool... poor kitty!

13. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

yes, good point. Something to consider. He does promote the breed in a good light IMO, he has a soft spot for them. It may lead to some issues like you described. I would include that in your letter.

14. JayT

JayT Pup

It's a shame that some people think that way. I have always heard of these tactics to increase agression in dogs, but there is no logic behind it. Pitbulls were used for bull baiting and fighting in the 1800's among politicians and high society. I find it hard to beleive that the dogmen of the past would use hot sauce, gun powder or abuse their dogs. Bloodlines such as Tudor's, Hammonds, Colby and Boudreaux were bred because they were proven dogs, there was no need for this sick treatment of animals.:cool: I would agree that this idiot should pick up Stratton book.

15. Suki

Suki Guest

this
    no kiddin? I just started reading this book, (ironically), last night. Haven't gotten that far..... I'll hafta check it out....
    I imagine he is sorely lacking education, when it comes to APBT's. We'll just hafta direct him to this site.....:D
    otherwise, imo, he does have some interesting theories.....

16. pitlove

pitlove Pup

Are you a fighter? It's funny how you say: "he is probaly referring to the overwhelming amount of inner city cur dogs fought in the street and abused etc by moronic ignoramus assholes who give professionals a bad name....but ignorant people like him are blind and believe people hit or poke dogs to make them mean"
    Anyone who fights a dog is an ignoramus asshole How do you think you are any better than a street fighter, it's barbaric. I wish for one day men would actually get in the ring and fight instead of using an animal as a symbol of their manhood. Also, it's Cesar Millan not Millar

17. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

pitlove - If you knew anything about the history of the breed & the men who made it great, you'd know the dog men of old never "made a dog to fight." NEVER. That's just a bunch or propaganda bullsh*t spread by PETA & it's allies.

BTW and those "ignoramus a..holes" you speak about are the same men who created the pit bull you love today.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2008
  18. simms

simms CH Dog

Men do get in the ring and fight...the only difference it's legal, For now anyway's.

Spay and nueter your pets!

19. foxwalk

foxwalk Pup

I only read the actual post, not the replies (well a few).

So let me get this straight. You basically are discounting everything Cesar has to say because he describes techniques that people use to make pit bulls fight. and he is the dumbass?

If everyone was like you the thousands of dogs he has saved would have not been saved, all because you don't agree with one statement he made about how people get dogs to fight. who cares? The book is about how to treat dogs like dogs and solve behavior problems not train dogs to fight.

20. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

wow, this thread is back from the dead