1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Cesar Millan opens up about his love of pitbulls, Daddy, and newest puppy Junior

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

if i have a champion i dont give a damn if he loses an eye, his tongue, two legs or anything else he will be going home with me

2. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Timberwolfs are wild animals they rely on their instinctive behavior for survival, an APBT is a domesticated dog that relys on you to feed him. These two behaviors are worlds apart and have different reasons for being. Who ever said APBTs are just dogs but not just any dog i agree. But molding the behavior of such an outstanding breed of dog is even more critical then IMO. CM has years of experience in pack behavior, every professional dog handler/trainer uses this in their training in some form or fashion.....it is a well established and documented way of thinking. A game dog can be controlled by a handler that is as "game" as it is, because the dog will bow to that type of leader, only if that leader demands it from the dog. For those who ike to surf the net check out Chris Fraize, I did a seminar with him, me and my girl. Check out his Rumble.....a game bred dog that would blow your doors off in how he is trained. Some do not like the APBT as a PPD... not the point, amazing handler, amazing game dog....seen it first hand!

3. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

You use a stun gun,are you for real.Have you ever used a breaking stick?It works perfectly fine.

4. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Why is so hard for some people to see it the way it is Ceaser Millan is an over hyped FRAUD that gets people to buy into the theory of his that APBTs are pack animals.PURE STUPIDITY! Ceaser wants to say Popeye is a champion,whatever.No one dumps a champion.Besides,how would he know what he was.Any real champ would've ripped Daddy a new one by now.Ceaser is doing this breed alot of harm,promoting his nonsense theories and practices.I can assure you I own dogs that Ceaser can't stop with a finger poke or whatever he does.I,along with different people here have done positive things for the breed.Might not have our own show but it's not hard to do better than some moron that is always doing harm for the breed like Ceaser Milan.Here's better advice than Ceaser will give you-Let bulldogs be bulldogs,quit trying to make them into furbabies,properly contain them,learn to use a breaking stick,don't breed for money just breed for quality,only bulldog to bulldog and keep the majority,keep your dogs out of dog parks.These dogs don't need other dogs as buddies,that's what we're for.Quit watching Ceaser's show and listening to any other tree hugger propaganda like the dogs are people too nonsense.Quit talking down to people who know more about these dogs than you do.Learn that HSUS,PETA,SPCA is not your friend,don't buy into what they tell you.Close your circle.That there is what Ceaser needs to tell the people,just basic pitbull common sense,something that 40 years ago was common knowledge but today is getting rarer and rarer with the explosion of people that try and turn these dogs into hairy children.

5. Oh what the heck I may as well join in the fun too lol. Here goes...

Woody all I can say to you is there is none blinder than he who will not see. Keep your mutts private and keep silent. Be very careful who you entrust your knowledge to and be very sparing with it. But most of all, please, please NEVER EVER let one of your mutts end up with someone who thinks they are a pack animal or tortures it with electric shocks for doing what it was bred to do. It's because "we" let our breed get in the hands of people like that, that now we are living the situation we are living with this breed. It was "our" fault for allowing these folks to get this breed, now we have to pay for our sins, for the love of money we did this now we pay.

And to Tony, with all respect to you I believe that you have absolutely no real knowledge about the American Gamedog or even the Dogo Argentino to be honest. In fact I doubt you have very much knowledge of any canine except what you were brainwashed to believe by the people who make money off the species. I believe that arguing with a person such as yourself is a total waste of time except that maybe others will take note at the two different opinions and just maybe one or two will have enough interest in the breed to decide to study and research it and its heritage and contact some of the few old timers that are still around and maybe learn the REAL knowledge of the breed.

I will tell you this however. There are no better dogs for hunting wild boar in the world than a true working Dogo. And there is no better dog in the world in the pit than the American Gamedog. You Tony, have neither.

6. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

in that video.....39 second mark...that's where it started. Look at the body language of that dog. It took a second for that to start.

And no breakstick:(

7. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

as usual bud, good advice. now if folks could just follow it.

8. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Off topic - to mydawgs

Chris is now working with a dog named Kato. Kato is titled in obedience, dock diving, weight pulling and, of course, protection, and Kato looks like he's going down the same path as Rumble did.:)

9. Robber

Robber Big Dog

^^^^^^^^ Good post ^^^^^^^^^^^

10. Boze

Boze Top Dog

maybe not everyone can do it but he can and has tose are facts and considering he has shown atleast 15 pitbulls around other dogs and nothing happened he has sucessfully trained the DA out whether you want to acknoledge it or not it was done FACT. also these dogs are bred for gameness there are plenty of dogs out there more DA than these dogs game bred does not equal DA and it NEVER will. are they dog agressive sure but i have seen a few game dogs that were plenty happy around other dogs and that includes two females. I do sgree with you Woddy that it does set a bad example for the morons out there that think they can do what he does and just let dos run loose, but out of all the pit bulls he has there could be one gamedog there we may never know, but he has trained them and perfectly. i mean seriously i would love to see some of you get that many dogs to listen to you at the same time pitbulls or not i would love to see some of you get 20 damn chiwawaus to listen. i will give my left nut if any of could do what he cn with any dog

11. Boze

Boze Top Dog

i know o an old timer who thinks that what ceasar does is amazing, and before you say anything about the oldtimer he is very well respected and no i aint gonna say who it is

12. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

im gonna say this once and i hope it sinks in....ITS A FUCKIN TV SHOW!!! i dont believe what i see on the tube just like we tell folks dont believe everything you read in the papers about our dogs. if they showed clips of Cesar having trouble with the dogs all day long, would you still be so sure of his ability? cuz im sure its not as smooth as it looks. they edit the damn show people.:rolleyes:

13. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Thank you button!!! ^^^That's exactly what it is,a lame TV show.That for some unknown reason has a following.Ceaser is stupid,plain and simple.For anyone that doesn't agree,fine.Control your dog as you see fit but suffer the consequences when you discover life doesn't have a script and editing like Ceaser's show does.Can't just edit that bad part out of real life.

14. Boze

Boze Top Dog

you can say what you want but it works for him. i do agree with you guys that it can leadto accidents if you do not no what you are doing but he has proven again and gain and again that HE can do it. he never said it was easy and he said it has taken himyears to accomplish this and obviously there is editing but he says himself there is no quick fix, but to each his own we have been arguing about this since i joined this board three years ago and most of you seem to think that if you can not do it then it can not be done but it can and has been done with great success

15. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

how do you know its been done? you dont because the only reference you have is on a highly produced highly edited highly marketed TV show, are you mates with cesar? do you chill with him and his game bred dogs? no you dont so you are going on what they want you to see.
    cesar come to light in times where old people that watch fuckloads of tv were watching or readng about every kind of whisperer undr the sun, the horse whisperer, the dog whisperer hell we had some short lived dickcheese over here calling himself the croc whisperer! whisper whisper whisper, can you sit there and think this guy doesnt have problems, let me tell you from my very small experience with making something that goes on tv, out of about twelve hours of footage and work you generally get about half an hour of usable footage that get dwindled down to about fifteen minutes.
    and for the seventeenth time , his dogs are not game dogs ! Daddy is an ambully, one is an aparent fake champion and the others are ghetto dogs, do your research i would have thought at least this far into this thread all you cesar lovers would have looked up his website and researched your argument, there are no game bred dogs there.
    there is no proof that they are

16. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

no gamebreds like most ive seen anyway. the kind you have to seperate at 8/10/or 12 weeks of age for fear of em killing each other. or maybe they were to far gone!:D lol...my bitch Tommi came from a litter just like that, shreddin each other at 8 weeks of age. if only the breeder would have had a taser handy. LMAO

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2009
  17. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Well for those who have not had the pleasure of watchin some one work a dog for competition...fine. Call them all soft touches that don't "know" a real game dog...I'll say BS to that. Hold on to the idea the only good thing a game dog is for is illegal, continue to keep these amazing dogs you have taken so much care to breed and never bring them into a world they can excel in if you would just train the gosh dang animal.

But being blind to what the future holds for these dogs with a "seperatists" perspective is wishing change will never come....it is coming and those who refuse to roll with it will be overcome by it. It's that way in life, in business and in nature. This is your choice. But have a little respect for those who see a different future for these dogs and are making it happen, because these are the folks that are keeping our dogs alive as well....these are the folks that are showing John Q that that BAD A** game dog can do other things if trained and trained well and there is no need to fear them.

The seperatist reinforces that fear and unfortunately there are more of "them" than you. This is not rocket science, all you game dog owners, you actually have the opportunity to have your cake and eat it to....but you are too busy shunning everyone that takes a different road, it is a shame. You ask others to have an open mind to your beliefs about these dogs, I know I was one of the ones you asked, I learned the history and I respect the hell out of the dog men and women that have kept these dogs pure. It is hard when that respect that is given is not returned....we may win together, but we will most definately loose if we splinter.

So woody and gh, perhaps a little tolerance and vision is in order here....ya have to give respect to get it. I'd hand the GAMEST dog over to CM and trainers like Chris Fraize and then wait to see what magic they do with them.....

18. peppapig

peppapig Banned

ffs........you could see that was guna happen...one rounded on other n other turning to face it...breathing down its ear...lol.......3 words cesar lol.........FUCKING LEASH CONTROL......:p:p ...LMAO......id love to see the out-takes tho......:D

19. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

You might say BS to that but his dogs haven't been proven game have they,so until then Ceaser's just working with currs until proven otherwise.We're also not holding on to the idea that the [] was all these dogs excelled at,they're good at lots of things,but being in a "pack" situation isn't one of them,that is just setting them up for failure.Nothing wrong with just being a nice dog,with the temerment it was designed to have.I've trained dogs before,I'm not a professional like Ceaser :rolleyes:but I generally get a dog with any brains at all to do all I consider a dog needs to do.You say "these are the folks that show John Q. that that BAD A** game dog can do other things if trained and trained well and there is no need to fear them." I say No.I say these are the folks that convince John Q that they can go out and get a dog thats on fire and with a little work have a "pack" Then John Q has a major yard accident and the APBT gets the blame,or the breeder that bred the dog.But Ceaser and the television show goes blameless. If there were more seperatist ideas several years ago and these dogs weren't sold to any loser that had the money,these dogs would be better off today.We're really not shunning anybody,we just think that what he does is irresponsible and detrimental to the breed.Is that so hard to understand?Woody and I have all the tolerance and vision we need.Why tolerate something you whole heartily disagree with 110% We call it like we see it.People don't have to agree with me,I don't care.They're entitled to their opinion,I'm entitled to mine.I will never give respect to Cesear Milan simply because he doesn't deserve it.But before anyone here thinks I don't know what I'm talking about,look at some APBT forums and see how many people are talking about their "pack",letting multiple APBTs run together.This way of thinking is being brought to people by TV shows and people on dog forums and it'll cost them eventually when they have a accident.

20. Boze

Boze Top Dog

and there is no proof that their arent. lets forget bull dogs for a second. i would love to see you control a pack of dogs and i mean any dog. just stop hatin and give the man credit do you have to agree with everything he does no but he does a lot more good than harm. i mean seriously take ten dogs of any breed and i would put any amount up that you could not control them the way he does. take ten maltese if you want