1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Cesar Millan opens up about his love of pitbulls, Daddy, and newest puppy Junior

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Boze

Boze Top Dog

how do you no. i aint sayin he could but you got no facts to back up what you are saying.

2. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

apbts according to many were created for dogfighting after bullbaiting was made illegal. is that true, who knows. there are paintings that are hundreds of years old that feature dogs that look like a modern day APBT. i was born in 1974 so i dont have a clue what they were like tempermant wise in the 1800s.:rolleyes: as for hunting with multiple dogs that are APBTs, the guys i know that hunt hogs use opposite sex only. it seems otherwise they end up with their dogs "ripping each other to shreds"

3. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

well you come on over and try that with my dogs. if it works ill eat a sock. nearly 30 years with the breed, and i aint ever seen a dog calm that easy when it fires up.

4. Boze

Boze Top Dog

no they are not why is it so hard for you guys to admit that. by letting your dog do as it feels you aint doin it any favors. do you think people who own bird dogs let there dogs just go after birds when they aint huntin hell no. theres a time and a place.

5. Boze

Boze Top Dog

i agree with you oon that once it gets that far it is impossible but even CM says once it reaches that point it is impossible the point of his methods are to not lt it get that far. personally i am like you it does not bother me i chose a dog that is built for combat. and the only dog that he has to get along with is his house mate other than tht i dom notcare. but if you start young you can manage it not get rid of but manage atleast enough that i can walk in public. i got one dog that goes nuts but that is only when the other dog goes nuts.

6. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

ive seen some really respected men with their dogs and guess what..the dogs act exactly how i described. you gonna tell me you know how to properly raise these dogs and they dont? i dont give a crap what he says so quit quoting his BULLSHIT at me. i got a bitch that was scorching hot at 4 months...you gonna tell me i let it go to long? christ

7. Boze

Boze Top Dog

you did not even show the whole video if you had seen the episode you would see that those two dogs were put back to gether again with no problem and he checked on the dog again a month later and there were no problems

8. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

they were put back together???? lol not smart enough to learn the first time huh? Rule#1 ALWAYS expect a "pitbull" to fight.... the sooner people get this pounded in their head, the better

9. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

this has gone around in circles for ages.

I have a Game bred dog, and i have trained it with two proffesionals and myself the whole way. One fella was a pp trainer and the other , afriend of mine who happens to train dogs for a living.
    neither of them had had any experience with any REAL Apbt's up to that stage hence their interest and me asking for help. for me it was to see how well i could train the DA out of it and for them it was to see if all the hype was true.
    All training was done with positive renforcment from scratch.
    full help was given to me over the course of two years on and off by both. The chick who was a trainer happened to be renting a room from me at the time so she was availible twenty four hours a day.
    We pretty much had no real issues ever with the dog with any training whatsoever
    in regards to the dog on her own. infact she exelled better than 90% of dogs either had worked with in the past.

We have NEVER been able to stop the da in her. NEVER. we have her to the point where she wont act on it and looks to me but she clearly is not happy with the situation of listening to me at all. she gets the shakes and if i stop trying to keep her calm she will be screaming her head off in no time.
    She cannot be around unfamiliar dogs unrestrained ever.
    It may be all good for ten seconds maybee even ten minutes but eventually her games arre to much for the other dog or the other way round. then its on.
    the bigger the dog the keener she is, the more dogs the better in her eyes.

so to a certain extent she is controlled but in no way is it always under control, and in no way is the da gone.

i am very happy with the way shes come out but im never going to fool myself into thinking shes fully under control it will never happen.

i have since trained with their owners, other apbt's[non of which i would class as game bred], Amstaffs,Two filas, and a few mixed breed hunting dogs.

10. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

point made sure they are just dogs but they are not just any dog.

why the hell would you even compare your dogo to woodys bulldogs?
    why would you even put up some gay arsed challenge to compare your HUNTING dog who you have to hunt to Woodys dog? im pretty sure woodys got game bred dogs not pitbulls that hunt pigs , big difference there my friend.

and if they are only dogs and all dogs can be trained why wouldnt you have another timberwolf? they are only dogs mate surely with your expert ways you could not just train him to eat at home and not kill his own you could even get him to sit at the table. after all he was only a dog.

11. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

our breed gets nutn but shitted on all the time by the media n others,n finally here comes somebody that talks positive bout our breed n you gnna shit on him for it.not koo!!!if you dnt argee wit his methods koo, but at least give credit where credit is due.he's tryn to show people that bulldogs are not the baby killing monsters everybody make em out to be.

12. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

1. we are comparing game bred animals. Dogos by design just like the APBT were bred for extreme gameness, where the fault in that. now if you think that gameness is strictly pertaining to dog fighting then i think you are dead wrong. also lets not forget that the Dogo comes from a good fighting bred of dog but is now sadly extinct.

2. i wont own another timberwolf 80/20 mix because i cant provide 24hr supervision for it, i have 5 acres of land thats not nearly enough to contain the poor guy plus they are escape artist like the APBT. also smart mouth how about this stop feeding your APBTs an see how long they survive :p i have deer (FL deer are not big so 120lbs is easy prey), turkey, hogs, coons, and possums that pass through my property an its not always nice to find a carcass while walking around.

does bullbaiting require DA?

also theres only 2 sexes so if i use 4 dogs how do the same sex dogs not always want to fight but they want to rip the head off a hog?

13. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i guess you use four dogs that arent anything like the dogs i have. care to share a ped? as for the stupid stuff like "does bullbaiting require DA?" save it pal. thats just flat out stupid and not worth typing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2009
  14. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

you said you have 6 years of dog handling experience...how many APBTs have you raised and handled?

15. Rampage

Rampage Big Dog

I agree, I don't like the way he lets "pitbulls" off leash and running around in a pack. I think its ok for him because obviously it works, but for the general public to see that and think it is ok is not good. However, I respect him and what he does for the breed and all dogs and will continue to support him. I don't practice everything he preaches but if someone has a "pitbull" that is well trained and handled responsibly that doesn't make them less of a bulldog.

16. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

but in your own words tony "its just a dog"
    all im doing is pointing out what you said.

how about this i will keep feeding my Bulldog and you fellas can keep using a taser on your curs and we will all be happy.

17. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

back on topic. i do aplaud what cesar has done in regards to showing people they are not just the devil that you see on the news. but at the same time this gives out they idea that they are a dog everyone can own and i think if he put a bit more into explaining they are not the dog for everyone it would save a lot of heartache for some people.

there are no real APBT on the show that i can see. plenty of shitbulls and "pitbull type" but no game dogs.

18. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

exactly junkyard. he has popeye who supposedly is a Ch. who lost an eye during his last match, so the owner dumped him on his ass??:rolleyes: i dont really believe any serious fella trying to keep the dogs honest is gonna get rid of a Ch because he lost an eye. lol ....hed be studded to all the worthy bitches in the yard. just another BuLLSH*T story outta Cesar Morons mouth

19. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

and tony im not sitting here having a go at you just pointing out what you said.

you will never stop your timberwolf from hunting as its doing what its instincts tell it to do.

the way you are talking about the gameness, or more accurately the da, is saying that training can control instinct or something thats been passed down through genes. Impossible.

if that is the way it works , i would like to see you train a fila to not be protective of its family or to be wary of strangers. sure there may be one as an exception but as a whole this is impossible without years and years of selectively breeding them in the oppisite direction that they have been bred for over a hundred years.

same thing with the bulldog.

same here Woody patch the eye up and start breeding that mofo!

20. Robber

Robber Big Dog

Woody is right - with real dogs you would be waiting around a while for them to let go once they get something they like...and you would get exhausted trying to hold onto them long before they would.

The stun gun thing may work with cur dogs, but most bulldogs will only hold on tighter in response to the stimulus - you have to keep in mind that many of these dogs wouldn't be here today if their ancestors had let go just once...

I appreciate what CM does in putting a positive spin on the breed(s) in the midst of all of the other media doom and gloom, but I am in agreement with others on the message he conveys.