1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Cesar Millan opens up about his love of pitbulls, Daddy, and newest puppy Junior

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

He has never advocated letting DA dogs romp to destruction. Why not read and study what he does before misquoting his techniques and methods of practice. When you misquote someone your credibility suffers. He advocates knowing your dog and practicing proven training techniques. The fact of the matter is most people either do not want a trained dog, or they simply picked the wrong dog as they will not put the time or energy in to train a high energy dog. All dogs are pack animals. APBTs establish pecking order and pack structure often times with humans.

2. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i didnt misquote a damn thing...where is there a QUOTE in my post? lol

3. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

What was siad was you were "misquoting his techniques and methods of practice".

4. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I have to say you do make a valid point, I am a great example. I have an extremely DA dog, and by not knowing and learning what I should before I owned such a racy dog I learned the hard way. But thanks to this community, folks like CM and the wonderful world of dog sports, my girl is an incredible competitor. Make no mistake about it she would like nothing more than to "scratch" with any dog she sees, but thanks to her training and my patience, because to this day she still trys all of it, when we compete and she sees another dog she makes her way to my left side, sits down and looks to me for a command. She shakes the whole time as if she would crawl out of her skin to do what comes natural to her. She is like that until the moment she hits the competition field, then all is forgotten as she drowns in her task with all the excitement and joy you can see in a "happy" dawg. And she does this for me, simply because I ask it of her......

5. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

6. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I cannot see the link, but I will check it out when I get home. But let me ask you this woody, can you voice command your APBT to down stay with focus ONLY on you when another dog is in it's presence? If you can then I say you can handle an APBT, if you cannot I suggest you pick up a book, perhaps one Millan wrote and learn the technique. That simple statement HAS ABOSOLUTELY nothing to do with game in the dawg, and everything to do with your dog seeing you as his alpha. And if you cannot your dog does not respect you enough to overcome his drive, thus you are not his alpha. Being able to command the dog to neutral position in a very unstable situation for a dog - like having a loose dog present is the ultimate form of respect a dog can show it's pack leader, it says I trust you to protect me until you tell me I can leave, fight or stay put some more. And this is the proper way to handle ANY dog of ANY breed!

7. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

ok mydawgs, sure lol

8. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

Get a poodle if you want a dog to prance around and do tricks... I guarantee you have never even seen a real bulldog in your life...my bulldog respects me and I respect her enough not to punish her for acting how she should... Instead I respect and contain her.

9. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

im alpha, i can assure you that, but i believe in letting bulldogs be bulldogs. i let em yap at a dog if they wanna its there nature. i aint gonna try to break hounds from being hounds or any other breed from doing its intended purpose. go to an ADBA show, they all scream at each other in the ring. do you think the handlers arent alpha?

10. Lol. Nice try, but I meant something truely positive for the breed. Not letting them run into street "pits" is doing something positive for YOURSELF. How about starting a weekend work shop to help educate the public on the pros of owning a "pet" bull, or a true bulldog. Or do the natsayers just like downing the next person online?? I'm just asking......

11. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i go to city council meetings and fight bsl whenever necessary(have one coming up as a matter of fact), but my point was, MY dogs arent makin the papers and thats more than some can say

12. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

i agree with you 100%.

it also seems like some of the owners on this site dont realize that the size 7 font words apply to all canine speices.

lmfao would you like to explain the APBT to me then sense im just soooo inexperienced an unknowledgable? :cool:

13. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

look tony, i wasnty sayin i cant control my dog, it the LOOSE STRAYS i cant control...do i need to spell this out for you?

14. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

you use a stun gun??? christ...and your theory on "to the death" not bein for real? you are WAY wrong. evidently you aint seen serious dogs

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2009
  15. Jelet

Jelet Banned

Wrong. They are not pitbulls. someone wrote that on wiki and now all... i dont see how amstaff can be called PITbull as he does not have nothing with pit. amstaff and pit have same pedigrees long time ago,but now its 2 completely different breeds as pit is working and amstaff is model dog.

And no the dog whisperer is bad. There are fur mommies that are taking there dogs to dogparks and thinking that as long as you socialize the dog well, a pitbull can get along with animals just like any other breed could because of the "dog whisperer"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64peeoPygGU[/ame]

look at him. The dude doesnt even have a breaking stick. Look how long it takes for him to get those dogs broken up. And what happened to his "pack leader" nonsense??? His nonsense at best.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2009
  16. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

+1 keep up the good work with your dog an dont ever get laxed

your link does not work

+1000 finally someone with a clue

sounds to me like your bulldog is the alpha? she has no reguard to you because she knows she wont be put in her place. i think what you mean to say is "i understand i cant handle my dog so i keep her on a heavy chain."

17. That video was hilarious! :D

That poor lady got all the blame too lmao

18. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

tony, how many dogs you feedin? how many years you got under your belt? havin a dog on the leash and controlling one in the showring with samesex dogs every where are two completely different things.

19. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

honestly im going to say the dogs were doing fine until he made that "shht" sound. both dogs showed no signs of aggression towards each other an were getting to know each other clamly. if you look at the video an listen to when CM made his noise, then the dogs start to fight personally i think the unfamiliar sound set both dogs off.

how manys guys her have their dogs trained to the sound of gun shots? i do because i hunt and i take my dog to the gun range.

yes i have a stun dog to break up fights, have you seen anything that works faster? have you seen anythink that gets a untrained dog to let go faster? a stun gun is perfectly safe to use on dogs.

20. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Actually I own a MM/St. Bennidicts cross. Game bred dawg. Trained to the teeth, best dawg I ever had the privilege to own. Obeying your handler is not a punishment it is a sign of great respect no matter what breed the dog is and a testament to what kind of handler you are. Control is critical....especially with a PB breed.

Again Daddy is a PB breed I suspect a Staff, but a PB no less.