1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Carver studs?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by mac 11, Jun 24, 2008.

1. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Anyone know of some heavy carver studs ALIVE now producing well?

2. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

Check out Villa liberty kennels.

3. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

That is a good place if they stud out THEY HAVE NICE OLD BLOOD! Yis J

4. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

u need to be more specific, what strain of Carver dogs are u looking for?

5. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

boiboi, I have not been exposed to alot of carver dogs that I know of, so I'll say this. A good carver stud in the states that will compliment my heavy skull bred bitch.

6. http://www.chopperdanskennels.com/

7. rhumble

rhumble Big Dog

8. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

If you want some good Carver get some old Iron head (NOT PALADAN) but then again you never know with carver dogs what the hell they are going to be out of. J

9. try Mr. mccool or Mr. lacefield or some of those lg green blood

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2008
  10. justpits

justpits Pup

11. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

12. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

13. masta of game

masta of game Banned

14. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I have a ? Villa Liberty has a dog with one blue eye and is that not a fault and how did it come to be if they are such good blood from the carver line of dogs. I could have missed something, just asking. Inquiring minds want to know.;)

15. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

blue eyes arent a fault, i believe they are only a fault if the dog is all white (not exactly sure). i've found that a lot of carver dogs have blue eyes.

16. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

The standards I read says blue eyes or eyes not matching in color are serious faults.

I also noticed that in looking through the peds, there was a dog named Colby's Merle. How did that name come to be associated with a color that is also a fault. Just wondering. The merle color had to exist. JMO.

17. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

negative.....the ADBA standard reads major faults as merle color or albanism (white dog, blue or pink eyes, lacks pigment)
    That means any dog that is not 100% white can have blue eyes and it's not a fault at all

18. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I was reading UKC. What about only one eye for ADBA. Don't see that anywhere.

19. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

no theres no other eye color issues with ADBA other than what i stated

20. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Colby's Merle was not a merle dog. I was told many years ago that Colby's Merle was indeed a merle dog, but someone who knew LC told me later that Colby's Merle was NOT a merle. Merle used to be a popular human name & I guess that is where he got it from.

As for blue eyes, I'm not sure, but they appear to be a simple recessive. If they are, they could predominate in any bloodline that is linebred or inbred.

As far as white/blue eyes, I think in UKC the dog cannot be over 80% white & blue eyes are a fault. In ADBA I think the only coat color faults are merle & albinism & there are no faults for eye color.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2008