1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Carver and Mims Lines

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Colossal, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Colossal

Colossal Pup

I know alot of you highly respect these lines and so do I and the role they have played in history but for sake of discussing so you think that these dogs were just scatterbred and happened work or do you think the breeders were just pure genius to put such combinations together

2. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

best to best and see what u get.

3. Red Boy, Red Boy and more Red boy.

4. Colossal

Colossal Pup

Mims also ran snooty as well right??? so if true and snooty came off of carver dogs and carver ogs had a lil bit of Boudreaux, Tudor, Mayfield, Fitzwater and etc then what do you call a true mims dog

5. Correct. I'm not a fan of the Snooty stuff. Not hating it is just not anything that I would cherish. Others swear by it and they are welcome to it. I'm a big fan of the Red Boy line. The Mims stuff that I really like is the Red boy stuff.

6. Colossal

Colossal Pup

yeah the dogs that were true to the mims red boy line looked to be of outstanding and promising character I just wonder what was he really trying to achieve and did he actually achieve it with the 2 -3 different lines he ran

7. He is not in jail and still sells and houses these animals. That is saying a lot in todays climate.

As far as the lines go, you have access to one of the greatest producing dogs of all time. It doesn't take a genius to breed your best females to it.

8. Colossal

Colossal Pup

true true so very much so but another ?? would you consider him a peddler or true dogman

9. In my opinion, I do not criticize anyone that feeds his family. I was brought up around people that didn't sell pups to people. They farmed dogs out. They paid people for favors or good deeds rendered with good animals. That is just me.

10. vellie

vellie Big Dog

you have to look at the breedings on the dogs that make the mims line.i think snooty has some fitzwater tudor breedings,then bolio has the same type of breeding.just to name a few dogs that did not come down from red boy.not scatter breed at all.what i did was to do into the peds on the female that i own to see how there peds was breed here is one
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=302343 http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=41080 this female is hard tack flo breeding when breed together produced a heavy tudor breeding outcrossed with some stomper blood and also old irish blood wich is in all dogs peds somewhere research breeding to find its beginings.i'm still studing different mims breeding,to see why this and that was breed and then what was produced from that breeding

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2010
  11. vellie so when u breed a mims dog which way do u go with the 3 bloodlines in there u already know why i'm askin bout 2 get a nice mims female real soon i got an idea what i want 2 do just tryin to keep the conversation goin so i can learn a lil more

12. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

he was smart with his choices of dogs. if you look at his peds you will see he used the stuff that was around his area doing really good around that time. no kennel blindness just good stock that had a record of production. eather way a cm dog is good in my book.

13. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

very true..the combination of the three is where the success lies...especially the redboy blood with the clemens midnite (littermate to bull boy bob)...then the snooty stuff....the best thing about the mims line that the blend of redboy/snooty/bolio will also cross to anything....i like the mims to patricks cross myself. US1

14. Colossal

Colossal Pup

Ok so I take it that's its agreed that Mims was in fact atop of his intelligence when making his historic breedings so what about Carver???

15. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

both took dogs other people bred...improved upon them and made contributions that can not be measured in words..their blood/breedings/name still runs hard today....

16. vellie

vellie Big Dog

17. Colossal

Colossal Pup

Hey vellie what do you think is to be expected out of that breeding as far as traits and characteristics

18. vellie

vellie Big Dog

my first time with dogs breed like these(MIMS),but game hard mouth;long body dogs with finish.both dogs are very active.i wish i could state facts,until they prove themselves all i have are dreams of what could be;to be honest,i use what i breed.