1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Carpet Mills

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by CB, Nov 16, 2005.

1. CB

CB CH Dog

Hey i was wondering what yall think about carpet mills. I am thinking about buying one but i want to have your opinions first. What im wanting it for is to keep my dogs in condition i dont need it for wind or nothing like that just to keep the dogs looking good and more definition. This is the one im thinking about getting. Its 379$ which isnt to bad i only want to spend no more then 500$ and thats all and i cant find no slat mills for that price. If yall know of anything better then please tell me.

Attached Files:

2. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

Thats a nice one there. I haven't seen one like that around here, I might have to invest in one of those. The guy we bought Bud from builds the slat mills for the AADR Appalachin club and they cost around $900, but they are real nice.

3. BFKENNEL

BFKENNEL Big Dog

Can Anyone Post The Different Styles Of Carpet Mills That's Available In The Market.
    Thanks In Advance

4. 440rider

440rider Guest

5. What makes this one better than the others? How many have you tried?

6. 440rider

440rider Guest

I walk my dogs for exercise!

As far as your ? to what makes grand carpet mills better (i doubt anyone is running around testing mill like they do cars at a dealership) ..it's the quality of the mill and price of other mills compared to it..referrals etc. what makes something better than something else ....it's what u get for the price!!!!. .

...colby also has nice mill but he stated he wanteed to keep it under $500. For $500 and up I'd go with a slat mill and if i was going slat mill i'd opt to go with inline wheels...why because they are free spinning and much quieter...but there goes your budget. Carolina do some research and compare to your likings I was just pointing out what i have found to be a bang for your buck....call up mill makers and deal with who shoots straight and has what your looking for...

7. SFK

SFK Top Dog

I have a friend down here in Tx. with a barely used slatmill for sale. Powder-coated finish. $700 plus shipping if needed.

8. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

why are slat mills better?

9. B

B CH Dog

Carpet mills work anaerobic exercise meaning they build muscle. They have resistance and the dog has to work real hard. It is also a lot easier to burn a dogs kidneys up on a carpet mill because of the resistance.

Slat mills work aerobic exercise meaning they build wind and endurance. They have super low resistance and spin very freely. This allows the dog to run much like it would naturally. Many have hand brakes so you can also work resistance if that is part of your conditioning program. These are overall a bit safer than carpets but they can also hurt a dog if you leave them on too long and you don't know what you are doing.

Regards,

B

10. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

yo pitbull korner sell the same mill for a better price. once i get my yard going right i'm going to invest in one from him. here is some info **NO PERSONAL INFO ON THE WEB** PM for contact info.

sy82nj
    yis

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2005
  11. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

got a link the web page?

12. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

yeah but why are slat mill so much more??

13. CB

CB CH Dog

Thats where i got the picture from. I also heard that carpet mills burn dogs feet up is this true?

14. B

B CH Dog

They use a ton more hardware. They use rows and rows of inline skating wheels with super nice bearings. They are a lot harder to assemble also. There are decent slat mills for $600 if you know the right people.

A carpet mill is simple enough most people with a little know how could make their own.

Regards,

B

15. SFK

SFK Top Dog

Gotta have wind to hunt. Slatmill will make your dog an athlete. Carpet mill will make him look like one.

16. B

B CH Dog

LOL! I couldn't agree more :)

Regards,

B

17. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

Gotta have wind to hunt. Slatmill will make your dog an athlete. Carpet mill will make him look like one.

yep,i rather hand walk my dogs im pretty much an athlete so i can run for miles and miles they get good form the excersise and so do i,but if u dont have the time just try to save up some money and get a slat mill

18. CB

CB CH Dog

LoL i got the time. I just dont have the strength sometimes to take each dog out and walk 4 miles with each one.

19. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

i only have 2 dogs that are old enough that i can work hard each one gets 8 miles a day except saturdays.

20. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

and then spring pole and that lil parachute thing and some sprints