1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

carpet mills

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by 1916, Dec 28, 2010.

1. 1916

1916 Big Dog

After learning how easy it is to make a carpet mill and how much money I would save in making it myself I have decided to make one. What I was wanting to know is does it give the same results as other treadmill type mills or if not what are the differences?

2. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

carpet will build strength vs flat out endurance that a slat would. carpet is harder to turn, not as free spinning. can still get a good cardio workout though

3. 1916

1916 Big Dog

cool,strength and good cardio workout is better than nothing.Guess I will be saving up for a slat mill unless I find out how to build a slat mill.
    Planning on making a jenny mill as well, a small one,still in the planning stages of that though.

4. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

good luck with the jenny. i'd love to have the space for one.

the carpet will give good body strength.

5. 1916

1916 Big Dog

Yeh I'll need luck trying to convince the wife why the kids wouldn't be able to play in the backyard anymore. I have a space for it, great uncle has a ton of land where I can put one up.
    May just stick with the carpet mill and eventually a slat mill.

6. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

If you make the Jenny collapsable then the kids could still play in the yard

7. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Pup

How did u make it?

8. 1916

1916 Big Dog

Haven't yet.
    Which are you talking about tone?

9. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Build the kids a merry go round. Atach a tube about 18" long that the pole for the jenny will slip into. Put a couple of pull pins in it and you got both. When you aint working the dog the kids will have thier very own merry go round. lol

10. postmandan

postmandan Big Dog

since you just learned how easy a carpetmill is to make show us a picture of the one you built dan

11. Khanfueshus say there is a difference in just making a carpet mill and making a good quality carpet mill.

12. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

How the hell does one explaine or hide a jenney now a days lmmfao?

13. 1916

1916 Big Dog

Working on it fella's. Its easy for me, now a slat mill will be the hard one-thought it would be easy but after looking into that further its kinda hard.
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make a carpet mill,just the right tools,measurements and supplies.

14. bull-dog

bull-dog Big Dog

What are some other types of mills?

15. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I've got a guy willing to build me one and I'm SO excited! My yard is massive. I can't wait. :D

16. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Luckily I'm in Canada and I figure I might as well take the chance to have one now while I have the room and before things go insane around here. :rolleyes:

17. postmandan

postmandan Big Dog

you live way out in the woods lol dan

18. 1916

1916 Big Dog

Something that gets me thinking, everyone says a slat mill is better and that a carpet mill doesn't help the dog with stamina,yet Colby's Tige won one in 3:27,sounds to me like he had stamina,then Colby's major won in 2:15 I could go on,but it sounds to me like a carpet mill isnt that bad.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2011
  19. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

my friend works his dogs on a carpet mill and he has it lose so it spins very freely.

20. postmandan

postmandan Big Dog

many folks have used carpetmills over the years and have been successful with them