1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

carpet mill plans?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by rhumble, Feb 19, 2008.

1. rhumble

rhumble Big Dog

hi

does anyone have or could share carpet mill plans and tips?
    i would like to built one, im living in apart with a few dogs and the carpet would help me alot.

thanks

2. rhumble

rhumble Big Dog

well a friend just got a book at ebay, gona give some hints about it later on

[​IMG]

3. BuckEFleming

BuckEFleming Banned

Does anyone know anyone with these plans i searched and searched for the original copy of the book but No Luck!:confused:

4. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

the book is written by scott from enid, oklahoma. i bought the book and built a mill. the mill was OK, but it took a ton of work for the dog to get it going. was not as free spinning ( smooth operation ) as i thought. i made some modifications to the rollers and now the mill i make is very similar in design. except mine if you pull the carpet with one hand it will spin three plus times...very free, very quiet and very smooth.
    the book in the picture uses a backing on the carpet and i switched to a hard platic surface for the carpet to slide on. it makes rollers from platic pipe and insulation. i used roller blades wheels. the book is very nice and a notice can build his mill. good luck...scott

5. BuckEFleming

BuckEFleming Banned

so they are still forsale then? the plans.

6. slim12

check out ransomsworkingdogsupply.com

i sent him my copy of the plans a few years ago. he may still have hit. his name is chris. there should be contact info in the book. i think i found the website/information under 'dog walker'. i will do a quick search and see if i can find it. i have my mill. sold it, but took it back after it was left in the rain before it was paid in full. wood is stained/faded. i put a new carpet belt on it today. located in NC $200. pick up only.
    i will do the search and post back if i find it. s.

7. BuckEFleming

BuckEFleming Banned

Thanks! yeah i'm in Ontario so that why its cheaper to build i hope!
    or at least a starter mill at least.

8. BuckEFleming

BuckEFleming Banned

i was looking to build one if not two so if theres two models i should try, or that are recomended designs to start with and tinker from there! thanks for the quick responss guys and gals!

9. slim12

if you can find the book and build the mill as it is shown i can send you the specs on the rollers i use as well as where i bought my wheels and plastic sliding surface, as well as the type of carpet i use. the book is designed for the more un-skilled carpenter. i.e., instead of saying cut this board at a certain degree angle, it will say mark one side at 35" and the other at 35 1/2" and mark a line. then the rail fits the two posts. lots of pictures and easily constructed. s.

10. BuckEFleming

BuckEFleming Banned

Thanks slim12:)

11. Spencer

Spencer Pup

I am in NC, don't mind the appearance, as long as it is structurally sound. Is it still for sale?

12. OnionHead

OnionHead Big Dog

ransomsworkingdogsupply.com

page doesnt load at all.

13. slim12

http://apbt.online-pedigrees.com/mo...ile=printPedigree&dog_id=309070&myPedigrees=1

this is the mill i build. i am currently loading the plans with pictures and offer the mill for sale, or the plans to build your own. i would like to sell the plans for $25, but would prefer to sell the plans plus the end rollers for $60. the rollers are diffiult to build and even more difficult to explain how to build. interested? scott